Love for Love

A Champagne In Hyde Park.

"I am Nicole Livingston, this is my house and I am asking you to leave," I said, taking Benedict by the arm and pulling him towards the door of the lounge room.

I dragged him down the stairs and was about to push him out of the door when he wedged himself between the door and its frame. A smirk crossed his face.

"Come with me to the BAFTA'S," he asked.

"Sorry, I already have a date," I said as I pressed against the doors in attempts to push him out but failed to do so.

"I don't believe Tom has asked you yet," Benedict retorted as he managed to keep himself squeezed where he was. "Otherwise he would have told me."

"Tom doesn't have to tell you everything," I said, pushing against him. "No would you mind leaving!"

With one last push, I managed to get Tom out of the apartment building and fall against the door as it closed. I let out a grateful sigh as I locked the door and turned back around to see Matilda standing at the stairs leading down into the basement area.

She was giving me a look, a warm cardigan wrapped around her frail body. She raised an eyebrow at me, expecting an explanation I wasn't sure I wanted to give. I let the silence drag out for a few more moments as I figured out what to say.

"Don't look at me like that," I said to her. "It's not like we're connected in anyway."

"You invited him in," she replied. "So I doubt that."

Before I could reply, she disappeared down the stairs and resumed her business. I rolled my eyes and made a move for my bedroom. I slipped on some proper clothes that I had to scramble through my wardrobe for.

I went to go sit at my desk in the corner of the room and opened up my laptop. I logged into my Skype account and searched through the list to see who was on. I found that Audrey was logged in but her status was set to away. I clicked on her name anyway to check and see if she would respond.

A positive response came from her account as she popped up on my screen, looking horrid. Her hair was sticking out at all different angles and there were heavy bags underneath her eyes.

"Looks like someone had a rough night," I commented, watching a small smile creep across her face.

When Audrey spoke, she sounded as if she had a cold, saying, "Thanks. The guy who I took home last night kind of left me behind in the dust."

"You mean Benedict?" I said, watching her stiffen in shock.

"How did you know?"

"He came over here this morning to torment me some more," I said, leaning back in my chair.

"So that's why he needed my phone last night," she replied, her eyes narrowing. "He didn't leave me for you, did he?"

"I'm with Tom, Audrey," I retorted.

"Right," she said, taking a sip from her coffee that I didn't see at first because it was out of frame.

"So you and Ben are ganging up on me now," I whined

"And that just confirmed my suspicions that you and Tom aren't as close as I once thought," Audrey said leaning into the camera. "What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing you don't already know," I commented, trying to push off her questions. "Besides, Tom and I are going to the BAFTA's together."

"That doesn't prove anything," Audrey said, cringing at the thought of Tom and I going together. "He could be just asking you out of courtesy and not to hurt your feelings."

"Whatever you may say, Tom and I are together and we are in love."

"Delude yourself with whatever you will but there is one thing I can tell you," Audrey said, leaning further in towards the screen. "Tom does not love you."

And with that, I shut the computer screen because I did not want to hear anymore.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I found myself in Hyde Park later that afternoon with a bottle of champagne and drinking it all unlady like -- straight out of the bottle. I was hoisted up on my elbows and looked at all the other couples that walked passed along with their children or just people going about their business alone.

I was glad that I wasn't the only one alone in this park. There was an older woman feeding the birds that hovered about her upon one of the park benches; there was a middle aged man flying a kite alone; and another man playing the guitar and pausing every now and again to write something down on the notepad in front of him.

I took another long swig of my champagne, taking in what little sun that managed to escape through the clouds. I threw my head back and closed my eyes, letting all of the suns ray's kiss my skin.

I heard a shuffling of feet beside me and ignored it, thinking only that someone was walking past. I only opened my eyes when I felt the suns warmth being blocked out and it suddenly becoming dark as someone blocked out the light source.

I cracked one eye open, seeing Tom standing above me. I opened my eyes and patted the grass beside me. He sat down on the ground beside me, hoisting himself up on his elbows like I was and looked out at the park around him.

I offered him some of my champagne in which he declined and continued to stare out at his surroundings. I took another swig before setting it down beside me.

"What are you doing out here drinking alone?" Tom said, a hint of concern etched upon his face. "Didn't you have enough to drink last night?"

"Clearly not," I said. "And I am trying to wash away the events of this morning."

"Were your memories of me this morning that bad?" he questioned, glancing over to me.

"No, someone came to visit me after you left."

"Criss?"

"Nah, Ben," I said with an annoyed sigh.

"I see you're on a nickname basis now," Tom noticed.

"Whatever," I said. "His visit was an unpleasant one. And the conversation that followed with Audrey."

"Audrey was probably telling you the truth," Tom commented. "Ben, however, can be manipulative at times."

"I thought that was up to you and Loki," I asked, flashing him a smile.

"Ha ha, very funny," Tom replied, turning himself around so that he lay on his side and rested his hand upon my stomach and flattening me to the ground. My eyes were now fixated on him. "What annoyed you about the events that occurred after I left."

"They said you didn't really love me," I said slowly, unsure how he was going to take it. "That you wouldn't really ask you to be my date to the BAFTA's. They just didn't believe the fact that you and I could ever date."

"Okay," Tom said. "Audrey doesn't know what she's talking about and Ben is just jealous."

"How can Ben be jealous?"

"He broke up with his girlfriend that he had been dating for 12 years last December so it has been rough for him," Tom explained. "So, be kind to him."

"If he doesn't randomly appear at my house and find out what my number is without me giving it to him."

"That is a bit creepy," Tom laughed, his tongue pocking out a little.

"You know what else is a bit creepy?" I asked Tom.

"What?"

"Ben asked me to the BAFTA's because he didn't think that you would," I told him.

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"Well, I guess I am about to prove him wrong," Tom said as he leaned in close to me.

"Good," I replied, taking Tom's face in my hands and drawing him in for a deep passionate kiss.