Love for Love

God Of Mischief.

Tom wasn't holding back on the fact that we were in a public place and we were kissing each other a little to intensely for my liking. Did I care about this yesterday at his party? Not really, but I had already had a few drinks in me and that was in a contained environment with people that he knew, although I didn't. Except for Benedict, now that he had become my serial stalker.

So what made me so edgy about kissing Tom like we were in Hyde Park? Was it that there were even more people that I didn't know looking on that we didn't know and that they were more likely to take photos and videos of us doing so? Also, Tom and I hadn't really kissed with this much passion in front of people before. Doing so in Hyde Park was really throwing out all our insecurities out the window.

Our passion welled for a few more moments I felt a tugging on my back. By this point, I had made my way on top of Tom unconsciously and pressed him harder against the ground as I tried to become one with him despite the clothes blocking me from doing so.

The tugging, however, would disappear. I grunted in annoyance as I let one of my hands that was attached to bringing Tom closer to me go to rid that annoyance. What I felt wasn't Tom's hand that was pulling at me. It was Criss trying to remove me from him and throw me to the side.

She managed to accomplish about half of what she intended to before I realised what she was doing. I pulled myself from Tom and launched myself at Criss, casting her to the ground. She stumbled over her feet and fell. I looked down at her from where I stood.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I questioned, my gaze as intense as fire.

"I could ask you the same thing," she spat, pulling herself up from the ground and straightened herself out. "Don't you think that was a little too intense for the park?"

"Aren't you met to be on your way back to New York?"

"Clearly not," she said, motioning to her present self. "I had some unfinished business to complete."

"How unfortunate," I said to her, glancing down at a shocked Tom still motionless on the ground.

In that moment I glanced down to Tom, Criss lashed out at me and hit me square in the jaw. I went with the flow of her attack and stumbled a little to the side but managed to regain my balance before I hit the ground.

I turned back around to her, holding the place where she had hit me. I moved my jaw around to try and subdue the pain, rubbing it slowly, but that clearly didn't stop the bruise that I felt coming on.

If anything, I didn't want to start a fight with Criss. Whatever issues there was between us, it was clearly from Criss' camp as I had no qualms that I could think of with her. It was really Missy that made the decision to fire her, not me. If anything, she was angry at me from "stealing" the job she wanted from her and the man that she had a crush on for as long as I remember.

She made her move over to me and stuck out at me again, and I let her. I didn't want to strike out against her, or look like to the people in the park around us that I was fighting with her but then again, I didn't want to look weak either.

I stumbled back onto my knee, my hand slipping to the place where she had stuck me for a second time. My eyes were focussed on the ground in front of me, trying to push away the stinging pain that I was feeling.

I could tell that she was about to strike me again when Tom put himself in between us. He took a blow to the stomach that was intended for me and stumbled backwards, clutching his stomach. Saddened by the sight that Tom as in pain, I pulled myself back on my feet so that I was level with Criss.

I struck out at her, not caring who stared, and caught her in the cheek. She stumbled back and I managed to catch her by the arm, twist it around and bringing her to he knees. I leant down behind her and pressed my lips roughly against her ear.

"Accomplished what you came for now?" I asked her as she let out a grunt of pain and annoyance. "Get the fuck out of her before I hurt you more than I would like."

I let her go, throwing her to the ground and took a few steps back. She twisted around so that she landed on her back and glared up at me as I made my way back to Tom. At that point, I realised the people that had formed a concerned circle about us, camera's out and looking on to the situation.

I decided to address them, saying, "You can put your camera's away, now. There is nothing more to see here right now."

Slowly, they began to do so as I knelt down in front Tom who sat cross legged on the ground with his arms around his stomach. He gave me a painful look as he looked up to me. His features were etched in pain as he rubbed the place he was hurt by Criss.

"A little fighter, isn't she?" he commented, which only made me smile.

"Can you walk?" I asked him kindly, reaching out to him and resting my fingers upon the place where he was injured.

"No harm in trying," he said as I helped him up to his feet. "Why didn't you fight back?"

"I couldn't bare the thought of hurting my best friend," I said to him as we began to walk throughout he people who still remained and from the park.

"She's not you friend anymore, is she?" he said with a small smile playing about his lips as he slung his arm around my shoulder for support and I slipping my arm around his thin waist to keep him upright. I nodded to him as he planted a soft kiss on the top of my head.

"Sorry for your injury," I said. "I really hope that you're not too badly hurt."

"It's okay, Criss just had 'unfinished business' to get out of her system that I just happened to get in the way of," Tom said with a deep breath. "Besides, even if I was hurt, I am pretty sure that you would be able to heal me of any injuries that I might have accrued along the way."

"This is true," I said with a smile as we left the park and hailed a taxi.

Tom and I sat intwined in the backseat of the taxi as the driver took us back to my apartment. I paid the fare, despite Tom's protests, and ushered him out of the taxi. I helped him through the door and up the stairs to my lounge room where he sat himself down on the couch in the corner of the room.

He removed his jacket and threw it over the arm of the couch as I went into the kitchen briefly and pulled out a bag of frozen peas. I wrapped it up in a hand towel and re-entered the lounge room. Tom was now laying down on his back on the couch with his hand working at his injury.

I knelt down beside the couch and removed his hand from his hurt. I could feel his eyes watching me as I pulled up his t-shirt to see his toned body revealed underneath. It was perfect, save for the blemish that Criss had left when she kneed him in the stomach. It was a weird blend of colours that had formed in the minutes that we spent travelling from the park to my apartment.

I gingerly placed the icepack on the bruise and cringed when Tom pulled a face, muttering about how cold it was underneath his breath. I was about to remove it when he pressed down on the bag of frozen peas and held it there.

"Are you okay?" I questioned worriedly.

"With you here, I should be able to get through anything," he said. "Even through the most annoying of injuries."

"i'm flattered," I replied, kissing his hands.

"And so you should be, my goddess," he said with a smile.

"I am grateful to even have you in my life, my god of mischief."