Love for Love

The Girl Who Arrived In A Taxi.

I let Audrey take one picture of the dress that I wore, knowing that it wasn't complete and it was only a fitting, before i hid myself away in the adjacent room once more. I pulled myself out of the dress with the help of the elderly woman and she helped me put it into a protective cover so I could take the dress home and prepare myself from there.

I left the room with the dress, puling Audrey out after me as she seemed to be distracted by her phone. I soon knew the reason why as we hopped into a taxi that dropped her home first.

I received a text message from "Loverboy". The memory made me smile, only slightly as the pleasant memory soon faded away compared to the disater our friendship, our relationship, had become.

I pushed that out of my mind and focussed on the text. It read: "You look stunning. Can't wait to see you in the flesh on Saturday. xox" I double took at the last part of the sentence. Since when did he write "xox" at the end of his sentences.

The taxi arrived at my apartment building, I paid him the fair, and went up to my bedroom on the top floor. I hung my dress in the wardrobe, making sure that it wouldn't be damaged by the other clothes around it.

I found a pair of silver sparkling shoes that I would wear with it and put it underneath my dress. I hovered near my bathroom, threw my clothes to the floor, and dressed in my pyjamas, which consisted of last nights t-shirt.

I was just about to go to bed, setting my phone to the bedside table, when I received another text message. I groaned, not wanting to roll over to read it, but the light lit up the entire room and practically forced me to read the message.

Seeing that it was from Benedict, I kind of didn't want to read it as I did not really want to be bothered reading something from him just before I went to bed. His message read: "There is a present for you at your doorstep. BC."

I was confused by the message, but then again, was Benedict ever really clear about anything in his text messages or in anything he did? I was going to set it back down on my bedside table, intent on ignoring the message, when my mobile phone set off again.

Groaning, I picked it up once more and read: "It's not even the door your thinking about. You don't even have to go far! I know you're not the person to be lazy. BC.". I poked my tongue out at him and the moment I did, I received another message from Benedict, reading: "Right back at you."

I smiled softly as I set my phone down on the beside table for hopefully the final time and slipped out of bed. I shuffled over to the bedroom door and opened it to find a small box at my feet. I bent down to open the box when I heard my mobile vibrate across the bedside table.

I rolled my eyes and took the box back into my room, sitting on my bed and reading another message that I had just received from Benedict, saying, "By the window?"

"Typical," I said aloud, throwing my phone to the beside table and making my way over to the window beside my bed.

I sat on the ledge, pulling it up and looking down into the street below. It was empty, not a person in sight. Benedict was sneaking and cunning, just like his character Sherlock, so I didn't expect to see him anywhere in plain sight.

Turning my attentions back to the box that Benedict had given me, I opened the lid and cast it aside. Underneath a pile of tissue paper was the most beautiful Swarovski crystal necklace I had ever seen.

I dropped the tissue paper out the window in shock as my hand hung out beside me. The necklace was upon a thin silver chair as there were few tear drop crystals hanging off it. Some where a very light blue while others remained their natural white.

In the middle of the necklace were three longer tear drops at varying lengths hanging off their own silver chain. It was simple, elegant, and would go perfectly with my dress.

It seemed like Audrey was now working against me with Tom and Benedict, taking a photograph in my dress and sending it too them. I pursed my lips, knowing that I could only be upset at Audrey for so long in doing so. I was upset because I wanted to show the world my dress on the red carpet, which also included Tom and Benedict, but I guess that couldn't really happen now.

The dress, however, wouldn't show its full justice in a photograph and would have had to be seen in real life, which helped me put that thought from my mind as I focussed on the beautiful gift that Benedict had given me.

I reached over for my mobile phone and said to Benedict, "Thank you."

"You're welcome, my tear drop."

______________________________________________________________________

The Friday before the event went passed so quickly I couldn't even remember what had happened. From what I do remember, though, Audrey and I went back to the function room that we had hired and set out the final decorations.

We had hired an awesome jazz band for the following night and met with the staff so we didn't have to brief them and they could quickly attend to their stations upon the commencement of the event. All would be dressed in suits with a bow tie and masks. No-ones full identity would be revealed.

I woke up the day of the event with my heart racing. I was on the phone to Audrey to see that she was up and ready for tonights events. She informed me that hair and make-up artists would be in my house at midday to help me start preparing for the red-carpet and five pm that afternoon.

I looked at the time to see that it was already eleven in the morning. I swore to myself and rushed downstairs to the kitchen and had a quick breakfast before they arrived. I showered quickly and attended to the front door when they rang.

I led the artists up to my bathroom. The hair stylist attacked my hair, straightening it out before pulling it all back and tying it around the back of my head in a fish net pattern. It was all tied together with various sparkling bobby pins that would match my dress.

The hair styles moved away once she and I were happy with what had been done with my hair. The make-up artist was next, laying a soft foundation upon my features, plucked away all the unnecessary hair from my eyebrows, and filled in what was left with my eyebrows. She lined my eyes with silver and green, making sure she highlighted my eyes.

She then rimmed them thick with black so I looked sexy, double taking when i saw myself in the mirror. With all of this done on my face and hair, I would (hopefully) be a knock out.

The two artists then disappeared, saying that they had other celebrities to style before the event commenced. I checked my mobile to see that I had received no messages during the time I was done up and that it as around three pm.

I quickly painted my nails black and waited for them to dry before I moved about again. I slipped to small silver studs into my ears, going for small so it didn't detract from the necklace that Benedict had given me.

Happy with what I had achieved, and realising that an hour had passed in the time that I had taken to do all of this as well as attending to my other personal needs, I took the dress out of the cover and slipped it on.

It was hard as I had trouble tightening the bodice at the back as it criss-crossed over. I was glad when Matilda appeared at the door to my bedroom, seeing my struggle and helping me tie it at the back.

"You look beautiful," she said to me. "I hope that boy that gave you the necklace is good to you. Better than that scoundrel I met when you first came."

Before I cold respond, Matilda had gone as quickly as she came. I stared at the door in which she left. Shaking my head. I pulled out my heels and slipped them on before going for the necklace I had received two nights ago.

I spent a moment studying it before I slipped it on around my neck and decided that I could do no more to what I looked like. I made my way to the front door, closing it behind me, and hailed a cab to the red carpet. I wasn't going to make a stylish appearance to the BAFTA's, but I certainly was going to be talked about as "The Girl Who Arrived In A Taxi."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hairstyle