Status: In Progress

The Icy Lens

Negative Space

Abby awoke on March tenth when her phone started blowing up with text messages and e-mails. She grumbled and dismissed the notifications, turning her phone to silent. The Florida Panthers game the night before ran over and went to a shootout. She had to spend an hour after the game at work uploading and cleaning up photos, including the ones of Neal winning the extra point with his slick shootout goal. Her camera had perfectly captured the goal, along with his celebration at the end. Just as she started to drift back off to sleep thinking about him and his perfect smile her alarm started to go off, and it was time to go to work.

After her typical morning routine of a shower and packing her bag, she went into the kitchen to meet Matt before practice. "Happy Birthday Abby," he said with a smile on his face as he put a Red Bull on the counter along with a Sheetz breakfast sandwich. She laughed and said, "Aw you made me breakfast, Thanks." He smirked and said, "Come on, we've got to head out. I'll carry your bag so you can eat on the way." She followed him to the car, chowing down on the sausage and egg sandwich. She drank the entire can of Red Bull soon after, hoping the caffeine would give her enough of a boost to make it through the day.

--

Her day at work had flown by and before she knew it Abby finally had to prepare for her "surprise birthday bash." All she knew was that she had to get dressed up and be ready by 7. After taking a shower and applying makeup she began to dress for her evening out. She put on a new bandage dress that was red on top with a black skirt. She carefully pulled up her thigh-highs underneath, clipping them to a garter belt just to be safe. The final element of her outfit was her present from Matt, an authentic pair Louboutin shoes, something that she had wanted to own since she was sixteen. She walked out of her room and down the hall to find Matt waiting for her.

"Ahem," she said while he was talking on the phone to someone. He turned around and stopped dead, dropping the phone on the floor. Abby let out a laugh as he scrambled for the phone and said, "Yeah Tanger, I'll meet you there. Gotta go." After he hung she said, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you there." He walked over and looked at her, trying to pick his jaw off the ground. "Abby, wow." he stuttered out. Once he composed himself he walked her to the car and said, "So are you wearing that for yourself, or for someone else." She smiled as she sat down and said, "You already know the answer to that." He shook his head and started up the car and said, "I can't believe I'm saying this about you, but If he doesn't make a move tonight, He's an absolute idiot."

Once they arrived at the club they went into the VIP section where the guys were all waiting. She gave everyone a hug and ate up the compliments like they were cake. Before she knew it shots were being passed around and the party had begun. Everyone started to break out into groups, so Abby sat herself down at the bar. Kris walked up with a drink in his hand and said, "Well since nobody asked you to dance yet, you're coming with me." She laughed as he grabbed her hand and dragged her out to the dance floor. She danced with him for a song before he spoke up. "You know he's too chicken to make a move right," Kris said with a smirk. She looked at him and said, "You have inside information, don't you?" He laughed and started dancing behind her, putting his hands on her hips as they moved to the thumping beat. "Matt even told him to go for it," Kris whispered, "I think you need to make the first move." He spun her around making her slightly dizzy as she said, "But I don't know if I can do it." He laughed and said, "Then you need another round of shots."

Once the song finished they walked back to the VIP area and he had the bartender pour her another shot. "Patron will calm your nerves," he said while raising the shot glass. She took her shot and felt the alcohol smoothly burn down her throat. She put the glass on the bar and said, "Nope still not ready." Kris looked at her and said, "Well You better get ready." He motioned for James and said, "Neal, Over here." She watched as he walked over to them and stood beside the bar. Kris smiled and said, "Keep an eye on her, I'm going to the bathroom." She stuck her tongue out at Kris and said, "I don't need a babysitter!" He laughed and said, "In that dress you do. I'll be back in a few." James laughed and leaned against the bar asking, "You're drunk aren't you."

"I'm not drunk. Just pleasantly buzzed! And again I don't need someone to keep an eye on me. I can take care of myself." She crossed her arms and pouted, causing him to laugh even harder. "Well you heard him Abby, You're outfit just screams take me home." She reached for her drink and chugged a good portion of it. "If it screams 'take me home' then why haven't you kissed me yet." He has a surprised look on his face as he set his drink down on the bar and said, "What?" She put her hand on her hips and said, "Why haven't you kissed me yet? You obviously want me, I want you you. Do I have spell it out for you? OK. Here it goes. James Neal, I want you to kiss me."

Abby covered her mouth and turned away from him quickly, feeling completely embarrassed. She couldn't believe she just did that. Was she too forward? Did he think she was just drunk? Oh God did she just screw this up? She felt him turn her back around, then grab her hips and pull her in close to his body. Abby held her breathe as he bent down and kissed her hard on the lips. Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest from the excitement, the pent up passion that erupted from that moment. "I've wanted to do that for a long time," he said while that signature smile formed on his face. "I know, so do it again," she begged. He bent his head down and they kissed for the second time. One their lips released he whispered into her ear, "I know it's your party, but let's get out of here." She smiled brightly and nodded feeling so relieved that they had finally broken through the barrier between each other. This was it, this was what she had waited for.

"It's about damn time," Matt said with a huge smile, "But you guys need to seriously get a room." Kris laughed and said, "Yeah, We'll get your tabs, just get out of here birthday girl." James looked down at her and said, "Well, you heard them, Let's go." He took her hand and pulled her along, leaving the club and entering the street. He was moving to quick for her so she said, "Slow down, I can't walk that fast in these shoes!" He stopped and with a wild grin picked her up, carrying her towards the car. Once they got inside he leaned over the center console and kissed her again before he peeled out of his parking spot and headed out of town.

--

As the garage door closed they raced into the kitchen and both stepped out of their shoes. He lifted her onto the kitchen island and removed her thigh highs while pressing his lips erotically on her inner thighs. She gasped for air and almost shook from the excitement. James tugged at her arm and they headed towards the stairs to go up to his room. Halfway up he stopped, holding her body against the wall. His hands moved from her shoulders to the small of her back as he kissed her deeply yet again. "Why the hell did I wait this long," He muttered as they started back up the stairs. Abby then stopped, this time he was against the wall and she was unbuttoning his shirt. "I don't know, why did you," she said while letting it hit the floor. He quickly moved and positioned her against the wall again, this time he slowly ran his hands up her legs and clasping onto her bare thigh. "If I was supposed to your fairytale knight I had to practice some self-restraint." She nibbled on his earlobe and said, "not anymore." She felt him unzip her dress as she unbuttoned his pants, letting them fall down and join the rest of the clothing scattered around the house.

He picked her up and carried her into his room, setting her down gently in front of his bed. He stood there a minute and stared at her, now wearing nothing but the lingerie she had on underneath her dress. "God, you're beautiful." She smirked and pushed him onto the bed before getting on top. She leaned forward and ran her fingers through his hair while she kissed his lips, his neck, and moved down his chest. Just like in her dream he called her a tease, and flipped her on her back. He removed her bra, softly caressing her as a moan escaped from her mouth. She felt both his hands move down, removing her tiny lace underwear and tossing it aside. Now that they were both lying there naked, the foreplay led into raw, passion driven sex. The sensations that overcame her body were indescribable, all she could do was moan and scream out as she climaxed.

The room smelled of sex and sweat when they fished and both collapsed on the bed. At first they said nothing, they just lied there in the moment. Once James caught his breathe he wrapped his arms around her, only able to muster out the words, "wow." Abby laughed slightly and crawled back on top of him, her hair fell down around her face as she moved in to kiss him again. "That's what you get for making me wait," she giggled. He smirked and flipped her onto her back and slid on top of her responding, "I made you wait? What about you making me wait?" She smiled softly and said, "Touche, Matt did say you had the hots for me since the first time we met in Dallas." He shook his head and said, "Wait he told you that? He broke the Bro code, I'm gonna get him for that." She wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him again, "Be nice, If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be here." He stared into her eyes and said, "I suppose you're right. You are finally in my bed naked."

She giggled at his boyish comment and he kissed her again, this time on her cheek. "We do have to try and get some sleep," he said as he got off of her and lied back down on the bed. "I suppose," Abby said as she rolled onto her side, resting her head beside his while draping her arm across his chest. She laid there for only a minute before she felt him shift his body to face hers. "Oh Fuck it, who needs sleep anyways," he said while pulling the covers over their heads and beginning to kiss her again.