Status: Writing again :D

The Irony Of Choking On A Lifesaver

Slowly I walked into the room to see if the boy was asleep. He’d had a tough day, he’d started yet another round of chemo and had been feeling very ill. It was only kind of me to visit him, right? Nothing out of the ordinary there, right?
I was once normal, like the rest of them. It hadn't always been this way. Before I lived in a world of material and selfish values, smiling while everyone lied to my face. If I hadn’t have had experience of this godforsaken building, I wouldn’t have been prepared for what I was about to see when I entered my favourite patient’s bedroom. He was my first. He was Jack Barakat. The one who I’d watched grow, smile and laugh. The one that I’d helped fall in love.

Being powerless is something you can’t afford to be when you’re a doctor, especially when you’re working for the most controversial one in history. Three Hearts Hospital is not normal. It is a prison for ill orphans. Rhinae has just begun working there after leaving university and soon discovers that nothing is what it seems. She may be a conventional doctor, but the patients she is dealing with are far from ordinary. Jack, Alex, Rian and Zack are the four of them.