Breach

Bishop.

“Not gonna lie man that’s a bit weird,” Mick says through a mouthful of food. Somehow the boy still manages to shove the last of his muffin into his mouth before the sound of the bell. At the sight of his puffed up cheeks I cringe. How can someone eat with their mouth that full?

Whatever. Mick has always been a mystery.

“How is it weird?” I ask out of curiosity. “I know Antony well enough to stay at his house.”

“But he’s like…some old dude.”

I laugh. Just imagining Antony’s face at hearing Mick calling him old nearly brings tears to my eyes. After my chuckles die down I manage to say, “He’s only ten years older than me…besides you were too busy to spend time with me lover boy.”

Mick huffs, “Like you wouldn’t choose a girl over me.”

“I never said I wouldn’t.”

Mick and I take our seats in class, pausing our conversation for a while. However as soon as class ends and Mick’s back at my side in the hall it starts off exactly where it left off.

“And he was ok with it? You staying over and all.”

I nod though I’m not entirely sure myself. I did barge in after all but I really had no other place to go. I couldn’t stay at the apartment. I just…I don’t know, I couldn’t ok. And like I said Mick was with his girlfriend. I wasn’t going to ruin their night and besides Antony was the one who said his door was open.

“He didn’t kick me out. Hell he left me his spare house key.” I pull out said object from my pocket, allowing Mick to see it. His eyes widen momentarily before returning to their normal size.

With a sigh Mick says, “If you trust him man than it’s ok but it’s still weird.”

“Says you!”

~

But now as I sit alone in Antony’s apartment I can’t help but feel this is weird. I mean who wouldn’t be a bit weirded out at being alone for the first time in someone else’s home? I, of course, sent Antony a message after school asking for permission to be here alone. He answered quickly with a yes and had to add in a don’t mess up my house or I will kill you.

What does he expect me to do, throw a party? That is a good idea though…

As great of an idea that is I choose not to do it and simply roll around on the couch staring aimlessly at the TV, paying absolutely no attention to what’s on it. My phone keeps vibrating on the coffee table and from here I can see that the call is from my father. The motivation to answer it is a big fat zero.

I don’t plan to stay at Antony’s forever but another night won’t hurt. I just really don’t want to go back to the apartment tonight or any night. I know that dad will just want to bug me about the whole divorce thing. Mother won’t bother calling. I bet she’s having a ball right now.

The thought makes my teeth grind.

“Do you ever plan to go home?” A familiar voice asks out of the blue causing me to jolt up to a sitting position. Looking over my shoulder I see Antony slipping off his shoes in the entryway. When did he even get home?

I look to the clock on the wall and realize that I’ve been moping for the past hour. Aren’t I productive?

Shaking my head, I smile at Antony who is coming over to take a seat next to me. He sighs the moment he sits down. “Not really,” I laugh. “I like it here.”

Antony grunts. “If you’re going to stay here at least be useful and make dinner.”

“Oi, do I look like a house maid to you?” I scowl at the smirk on his face that states his answer clearly. Huffing, I get up to go into the kitchen. It’s not like I mind. I actually had planned to cook again tonight but I kind of lost track of time.

“Your dad keeps calling,” Antony says from the couch, leaning his head over the back to watch me maneuver my way around his kitchen.

I nod. “I know.”

“Ever plan on answering?”

“Nope.”

“Aren’t we the mature one.”

I roll my eyes and chuckle. “I know what he’s going to say. Besides I plan on going back tomorrow so it’ll be fine.”

Antony hums after my response before flipping on his TV and waiting for dinner to be done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two weeks since I've updated?
I'm a terrible person
Anyways comments would be much appreciated
Motivation would be nice actually since life is just BLEH at the moment
BLEH BLEH BLEH!

Comment&Subscribe?