Breach

Bishop.

Things between Antony and I have been a bit…strange lately. And by strange I mean tense and by tense I mean…actually I don’t know what I mean. I have no idea what’s wrong with us if there’s anything wrong at all. Was it just the incident with the keys that is causing this?

That can’t possibly be it. It’s too simple but…it’s always in the back of my mind so I guess it is possible. Sometimes I find myself remembering it just to feel that moment again of my heart beating to the point of shattering.

Shit. When did I…I can’t be. No way…not for Antony or any other guy for that matter. I like girls. Girls. Girls. Girls. There must be something in Antony’s water. That explains it, yep.

“Bishop, would you mind telling the class what’s on your mind?” Mrs. Haffman calls, somehow managing to tear me away from my current freaking out over Antony.

With wide eyes I look to the front. Mrs. Haffman, along with everyone in class, is staring back at me. Beside me Mick is chuckling to himself. My foot shoots out to stomp his, silencing him instantly.

“Uh…sorry Mrs. Haffman. It won’t happen again.” I give her my best smile in hopes that she won’t actually make me tell the class what I was thinking about. I’m sure my life would be over instantly.

Huffing, Mrs. Haffman goes back to class. Sighing in relief, I throw my head against the desk with a soft thunk. Following that thunk is a tap on my shoulder. I know who it is, Mick. He’s been trying to talk to me about my why I’ve been in a daze lately.

The key incident was only three days ago but I should be over it. Instead I’m constantly thinking about it, or rather the feelings that bubbled up in my stomach because of it.

“Seriously dude, what’s up with you lately?” whispers Mick curiously.

I grunt in response hoping he’ll take that as an answer. I don’t see why I hope that though. It’s obvious he won’t give up because of a simple grunt.

“Have something to do with your boyfriend?”

The saliva in my mouth suddenly begins to choke me or maybe it’s the air or maybe it’s nothing and I’m just choking on Mick’s words somehow. Coughing, I pound away at my chest in hopes to get whatever is lodged in my throat out. Mrs. Haffman ends up asking me if I need to see the nurse then tells me to stop interrupting class.

At least she made sure I was ok first though, right?

I glare at Mick who only grins. “What boyfriend? I don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Yeah-huh, that Antony dude that’s like a decade older than you. Aren’t you totally up his ass recently?” Mick asks around a far too superior smirk that makes me want to implant my fist in his face.

“Am not and we are not…you’re just being weird.”

Mick shrugs. “To be honest I was joking but now you’re making me second guess myself.”

Damn it Bishop stop making everything so obvious. If Mick can see through you so easily then so can Antony! Oh…shit…maybe that’s why we’ve been so tense around each other lately? Have I done anything weird that could have led him to the conclusion that I’m feeling something weird towards him?

I slam my hands against my head in horror. That must be it! It’s my fault. I’m causing it…I…I just have to stop thinking about him. Stop thinking about him, yeah, yeah that shouldn’t be too hard. I’m not the least popular guy in school. I’m sure I can get myself a girlfriend or something. If I meet a girl then she should fix things and I’ll forget Antony.

Or maybe I should move back in with my dad? The mere idea makes me cringe. I rather avoid that option at all costs but if it has to be done then…then I’ll do it.

The bell rings, signaling the end of class, thank god. If I interrupted Mrs. Haffman’s lesson one more time I’m sure she would have torn out my heart and ate it. As I pass her I feel her glare. Jumping behind Mick, I try to use him as a shield but I continue to feel that icy glare.

“Dude she so hates you for today,” Mick laughs.

“She hates anyone who interrupts her…I was sure she was going to kill me if I interrupted again.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Three months since I updated. Yep.

Comment&Subscribe at your own risk of not seeing updates very quickly