Breach

Antony.

“Do you need something?” I ask the far too close for comfort man currently standing at my side.

Xavier hums thoughtfully to himself before replying around a pout, “You got yourself a new girlfriend, haven’t you?”

I began to cough nervously, this makes Xavier chuckle. Patting my chest, I quickly try to regain my composure. “No, what makes you ask that?”

“You’ve been in an unusually good mood for, like, a month!” Xavier shouts. His eyes tell me he does not believe me at all, which he shouldn’t since technically I am in a new relationship…with Bishop…a boy…ten years younger than me.

It isn’t exactly something I feel would be a good thing to speak about with a co-worker. It’s not that I expect Xavier not to understand, but there are some at work who would not be ok with it. Sadly, their lack of understanding would affect work and we all know I would be the one let go in the end, regardless of how good I am at my job.

The mere thought brings a frown to my face. Rolling my eyes, I reply to Xavier a bit bitterly, “My bad, I’ll go back to my usual self.”

“No, no! I didn’t say it was a bad thing, man, you’re so touchy,” Xavier grunts. I send him a smirk to show I was joking around, which he returns.

“Have you heard from Jean?” Xavier asks. His eyes go to the clock, checking to see that we still have 20 minutes of lunch left.

Why is it that the day goes by slowly, except lunch? It feels as if we only have 10 minutes rather than 45. Of course, all the good things in life end quickly.

I shrug. “Here and there. She sent me a few emails, saying that she got herself a job at a retail store and that she’s doing well, so on.”

“I’m surprised she didn’t take the entire apartment with her,” Xavier laughs. I laugh too because it’s true. I had expected her to take half if not more than half of my belongings. I say mine because I was the one paying for everything but surprisingly she left most of it. “She hasn’t showed up or anything though?”

I shake my head. “Thankfully, no. I half expected her to show up on my doorstep a month afterwards begging for forgiveness…or money.”

“Or both.”

I chuckle, “Yeah, or both.”

“If it isn’t a new girlfriend that’s cheering you up then what is it? Whatever it is that you’re on, I want some.” Xavier holds out his hand as if he expects me to actually pull out a jar full of magical pixy dust that has been putting me in “such a good mood.”

I cock a curious brow. “Are you asking your boss for drugs? I should fire you.”

Xavier’s smile drops as he begins to whine at my lack of humor.

“It’s not a girlfriend.” Technically I’m not lying. Bishop is a boy, a boyfriend. After a month of Bishop and I “dating,” I’ve gotten more accustomed to hearing that word boyfriend. Bishop does do all the cleaning and cooking so I could probably get away with calling him a girlfriend, heh, but don’t tell him I said that. “But…there is someone who is the cause of it, I suppose.” I roll my eyes at the thought of Bishop putting me in a better mood, but I guess…I guess he is. I no longer live at the office, but at my home like I’m supposed to. I’m not tired even while in my own house, and damn can that boy cook.

I haven’t gone a day without a good meal. He spoils me. It’s great.

Xavier hums happily. “That’s nice, it’s just good to see you leaving work on time now days. You used to live here. I got tired just looking at you!”

“Just because you are a lazy ass, doesn’t mean I am.”

“Hey, I get stuff done…eventually.”

~

That evening I arrive to an empty apartment. Curiously, I peek around corners for Bishop until I see the little sticky note on the fridge, which reads, Dinner is in the fridge, had to help Mick out with a few things, be home around 8.

The clock reads 6 so I have two hours of silence, which I am actually not that happy about. Sighing, I open the fridge to see a Tupperware bowl full of stir-fry. My stomach growls hungrily at the sight of it. Glorious food…and as expected it tastes great. How does a brat cook this good? I don’t understand.

For the next two hours I finish up some work I had to bring home while watching TV. Just as Bishop’s note said, he arrives a little before 8. I look away from the TV to see him kicking off his shoes. The boy smiles at me.

“And here I was having such a nice time without you,” I tease, earning myself a sharp glare from the blonde. Bishop rolls his eyes and chooses to ignore my previous comment.

“Did you eat?” He asks and receives a nod from me. Silently, the boy goes back to his room. Not long afterwards I hear the shower on and moments later Bishop reappears with a towel hanging over his head. He still hasn’t said anything, at least not to me, but he seems to be mumbling some things to himself. I watch him curiously until he comes to the couch to take a seat beside me.

Sighing, I try to ask if everything is all right as discreetly as possible, “Anything happen today?”

“Mm, nothing really,” Bishop said with an usually soft voice. Though his face doesn’t give off the idea of something being wrong, but his voice most certainly does.

“You’d tell me if something was up, right?” I ask, earning myself a curious look from Bishop.

Bishop chuckles, “Seriously Annie, it’s nothing. I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So as an apology for not updating in forever...HERE'S ANOTHER UPDATE!
Yahoo? Gimme love? Josh Cutlip. is the only one who loves me anymore
Or everyone just thought I died and hasn't bothered to check for this story update XD
I'm going with the second one just to make me feel better hehehoho

Comment&Subscribe?