Breach

Antony.

The atmosphere in the apartment can only be described as awkward. I’ve got myself a ton of work to do. It must be finished this week so there’s no time for slacking. This, of course, infuriates Jean once again. She hates when I bring work home.

How is it she doesn’t understand that to make money like I do I have to bring work home? Oh right, I forgot…she doesn’t work. She’s lucky to have a man like me providing for her. I give her everything she wants, everything she needs.

She should be more appreciative.

I’m the one who provides her with the money she wants to go out on shopping sprees with her girlfriends. If it weren’t for me she wouldn’t have half the things she has. Typical woman to still be unhappy with everything I do for her.

They do say money can’t buy happiness but I do try my best to show her I care. It appears I am not doing enough since she is as unhappy as ever.

Speaking of Jean, she’s bringing dinner in right now. She sets the plate on the coffee table before me then leaves. Oh? And I’m the one ruining our marriage?

“Not eating with me?” I ask. I shouldn’t, it’ll only make her angrier but I don’t care. She’s being as stiff about this as I am.

Jean huffs. “It’s not like you’d pay attention to me. Just do your work, like you always do.”

I sigh. I…I guess this can wait until later. I have an entire week to do it. Spending one night with Jean won’t kill me. Besides I’m an excellent worker. A week is more than enough time.

“Come here,” I order, slipping my papers back into the suitcase. Jean turns at the sound. She smiles and makes her way to my side. When was the last time we ate dinner together? It’s sad that I actually can’t remember. “I’ve got a week to do my work so…we can spend tonight together. How’s that sound?”

Jean nods happily. Thankfully the night is saved. We spend it together and for a moment I think things may just go back to normal but of course the next day when I refuse to give up my work it’s back to our usual arguing. I find myself kicked out of the house again.

And again I am saying that it’s my house to begin with. I pay for it. Why am I the one kicked out? This is such bullshit. Maybe I should force her to get her own job? Then she’d have to understand what it’s like to be in my shoes.

Whatever. She can be a bitch about this. Like I care. I should stop trying. There’s no hope in the savior of our marriage. They do say half of marriages today end in divorce. We only had a fifty-fifty chance, seems like we lost.

“Three nights this week, baby you’re spoiling me.” Malcolm winks at me from behind the bar.

I grunt. “Shut up.”

He’s right. Three times in one week? Isn’t that a little much? I understand we’re arguing but three times I’ve found myself kicked out of the house. That’s down right pathetic. And I know if I go back drunk she’s not going to let me in this time.

The door to the bar opens. At the sound of the bell Malcolm turns to the entrance shouting a loud, “Welcome…oh, it’s you again. I’m really popular lately, aren’t I?”

Malcolm whacks me over the head with a towel. Yelping, I look towards him with a sharp glare. He’s ignoring me though and is instead talking to the customer who just arrived. I glance over my shoulder to see a familiar voice.

It’s the blonde from a few nights ago. He was the one here playing pool with a group of kids. He appears to be alone this time.

“Antony, why don’t you play a game of pool with Bishop?” Malcolm turns his attention to me. I cock a brow at his question. Does he know what he just asked? I can’t play pool. I say that thought aloud, which causes the boy--Bishop--and Malcolm to laugh.

“That’s fine,” a voice says from beside me. Bishop has taken a seat next to me while I wasn’t paying attention. “I just came to see you after all.”

I groan. No he did not just say that. “Please don’t add to his ego,” I beg. If his ego gets any larger his head will definitely explode. Actually I wouldn’t mind that. I wouldn’t have to put up with him anymore…

Bishop chuckles and, of course, Malcolm has to smack me again for my comment. Sometime during the night Bishop leaves to hang out with kids his age and play some pool. I can’t remember much because I obviously got plastered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot woot for an update!
Now send me some love or I may just have to...y'know never update again
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

Comment&Subscribe?