Status: inactive

Fairytales Real or Not

Almost

She moved her head, as if she saw something, "Hey, look the cab is here!" she said, I was so surprised by her voice, I let go of my hold on her. I looked down at the girl that I had dropped, she looked up at me.

"I'm not that heavy, am I?" she said in a joking manner, hinting that she wasn't mad.

"No sorry, here are you're crutches," she reached out and grabbed them, situating them so that they were comfortable and hold her up at the same time.

"Thanks," she whispered, we went over to the cab, I held the door open for her, and put the crutches on the floor. She told the cab driver her address, and clicked her seat belt on. The cab driver nodded, and looked back at us, Hayden noticed this and looked at me, "Zack, put your seat belt on." I looked down realizing I hadn't and moved to hear the familiar click when the seatbelt was locked in.

I looked at her, taking in her features. Her black hair was to her shoulders, and her green eyes were deep in thought. She turned to look out the window, her curly hair bouncing as she did so.

A voice pulled me out of my reviere, "Will you turn on some music? Please?" Hayden's voice was sweet, as if she cared, but for all I know, she did.

"Yeah, sure, do you mind if it's pop-punk?" The cab driver asked back, just as sweet.

Hayden feigned hurt, her hand over her heart and her mock horror on her face, "Dwaine Peterson! You know that I don't mind!" Dwaine? The name fit the man, short brown hair, giant gages, and an outfit similar to the one Hayden was wearing when she faked being Jack.

"You know him?" I mouthed to her.

She mouthed back, "High School." My mouth formed an O when she mouthed this.

I realized she went silent again, back to looking out the window, back towards me. I heard Candles by Hey Monday start playing, and I whispered the lyrics,

The power lines went out
And I am all alone
But I don't really care at all
Not answering my phone
All the games you played
The promises you made
Couldn’t finish what you started
Only darkness still remains

Lost sight
Couldn't see
When it was you and me

Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
I'm beginning to see the light
Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
But I think I'll be alright

Been black and blue before
There's no need to explain
I am not the jaded kind
Playback's such a waste
You're invisible
Invisible to me
My wish is coming true
Erase the memory of your face

Lost sight
Couldn't see
When it was you and me

Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
I'm beginning to see the light
Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
But I think I'll be alright

One day
You will wake up
With nothing but you’re sorries
And someday
You will get back
Everything you gave me

Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
I'm beginning to see the light
Blow the candles out
Looks like a solo tonight
But I think I'll be alright

Hayden looked at me with her eyes wide, "You know this song?"

"I'm on tour with this band, right now. Didn't you know that?" I asked her.

"Well for starters, I'm not one of your fans, and two, I have no idea who that was!" she ranted.

"It was Hey Monday, a female fronted band." I explained, looking at her with a new perspective. I heard the lyics to another Hey Monday song, Homecoming. "This is Hey Monday, too." I leaned in towards her, and I noticed her lean in, too.

"Good to know," She leaned in the rest of the way, and kissed me. As cliche as this sounds, it was like fireworks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the layout, I didn't realize what it looked like until someone pointed this out....This is my first story on mibba