Status: inactive

Fairytales Real or Not

Familiar Stranger

I looked in the mirror, trying to make sure that I was still me. My face was covered in make up and fake hair, making my face look more like Jack's and less like mine. I was wearing a black glamour kills t-shirt and I was wearong grey skinny jeans. My hair was stuffed into a black beanie, and my eyes were covered by sunglasses. I looked down at my feet, my black converse were there.

I looked over at the door, suddenly wishing that the door was glued shut. I admit that I have stage fright, the thing I was scared of was people calling me a fake when they realize I'm not Jack.

Daily peeked her head through the door, "Are you ready?"

"No, what if they realize?"

"They won't, and to make it more believe-able, Jack is going to make commentary on the side of the stage. He will even make an excuse to why your back so far."

"Okay, let's go," I started to play with my fingers, a habit I have when I'm nervous. We walked back to room 4. Jack was in there now, the bowl in his hands signaled that he feels like he is going to throw up again.

"Okay, we have a hour in a half, let's figure out what we're playing." Zack smiled and clapped his hands.

"So, what songs do you know how to play?" Alex asked.

"Can I know what songs you do have?"

"You don't know the names of our songs?"

"No, I don't, I don't even listen to your music."

"Oh."

"Wait a minute, play the songs you know, and we will tell you what they are called."

"Yeah, I want to hear you play before you impersonate me," Jack finally spoke up, but his voice sounded a little lower than it did the first time I spoke to him.

"Okay then, it's settled, I play for you guys."

"Here's a guitar," Zack handed me an acoustic guitar, his fingers brushed mine, sending shivers up my spine.

"Thanks," I started to play a song, slowly remembering the lyrics that went with it, I didn't sing though.

"Oh, that's Weightless, how do you have that on down? The album it's on came out in July," Rian exclaimed.

"Her Ipod broke last month," I replied.

"Okay, next song." I started to play again, but my fingers fumbled on the bridge.

"Okay, try that again," Alex said slowly, so I did as he said. I replayed the song, and I didn't fumble.

"What song was that?"

"The girl's a straight up hustler." I played again, and again till we had fifteen songs, but to make up some of that fifteen, we used other band's music. The play list was simple:

Weightless
Jasey Rae
Thunder by Boys like Girls
The girl's a straight up hustler
Come One, Come all
The Beach
Dear Maria
Lullabies
The Party Scene
Bang the Doldrums by Fall Out Boy
Home Coming by Hey Monday
Remembering Sunday
Therapy
The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls
Adam's Song by Blink 182

"Okay, we have five minutes till we go on, let's get ready," Alex smiled and grabbed a green electric guitar, Zack grabbed a pink bass, and I was handed a purple guitar. We walked over to the edge of the stage to see Panic! at the disco finishing their set.

"Hayden, come late." Rian told me as he ran to set up his drums.

Alex was at his microphone and Zack was on the other side of the stage. Alex turned to where another microphone was, " Jack's face doesn't deserve to be seen, let's pull his stand back and add more fog for where he goes, he's ugly anyways it won't matter." He pulled the stand back closer to Rian and suddenly more fog came.

I ran up on stage, and pretended to talk for Jack, but I knew my microphone was off and Jack had one backstage. "Why is my stand so far back?" Jack asked through his microphone.

"I don't know Jack, I guess no one wants to see your ugly face," Alex replied back.

"Yours is uglier."

"Okay, now that we have that settled, this is a song off of our new album, Weightless," as he said that we started playing. I started to jump around like I assume Jack does, as the song ended I turned and looked at Zack, he gave me a reassuring smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay people, I don't like asking for reviews but it would be nice to have some feedback.