Status: inactive

Fairytales Real or Not

Close

After the doctor took the glass out of Hayden's foot, and gave her a lot of stiches, he sent us to Walgreens. Apparently, Walgreens has the pain medication she needed. Hayden looked a little high, like she was on drugs.

"You okay?" I asked her as she fell over.

"No, I'm on pain medication, and crutches, the only way to get to work is on my skateboard, which I can't ride at the moment!" The horror in her green eyes, showed that this was her nightmare.

"Oh come on, you're sixteen, almost seventeen, how badly do you need two jobs anyways?" I was being honest, I mean seriously! When did she go to school?

"Well, I have to pay for collage somehow! Plus, when I'm old enough my foster parents said that they would let me buy that house from them, but first I need the money to buy it from them." Foster Parents?

"Wait back up, foster parents?" Her birth parents gave her up?

"Oh you don't know. I'm a foster kid, my mom thought I would get adopted, but I didn't, because my 'dad' didn't sign off his rights to me, and he doesn't know I exist so,' she trailed off,I helped her up. When she stood all the way up, I realized how short she was, five feet maybe?

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know." In all honesty, this girl had had a rough night, and I wasn't helping her any by bringing up bad topics.

"It's okay. Sorry I freaked on you..." she trailed off. She didn't need to say sorry, it was completely reasonable to freak on me. Plus, I was intruding in on something I shouldn't have.

"You have nothing to be sorry about."

"Are you sure, I mean, all you have been to me is nice, and I just completely freaked out on you," she blushed and looked down. So, maybe, she feels the same way I do. Then again, she doesn't have to worry about anything, does she?

I pulled out my phone and dialed the number for the cab agency. Hayden looked up at me with her green eyes, they showed curiosity. Bringing me back to reality, I realized that we were in a conversation. I looked at her and mouthed the word 'cab'.

"Oh," she looked down again, she always looks down when she blushes. Though, I do think it's cute, I want to see the blush completely, not just the top of her cheeks. I looked at her more clearly, her hair was curled but her bangs were straightened. She had obviously taken a shower, because she no longer smelled like Jack's stomach.

"The cab will be here in half of a hour." I told her, a smirk plastered on my face. She looks at me oddly and shakes her head.

She smirked and looked up, "Since we have thirty minutes, plus the cab ride, let's play twenty questions." she was playing with her fingers, something I noticed she did when she was unsure of something, or nervous, or at least that's what I think she did, I've only known her for less than 24 hours.

"Okay, do you want to go first?" I asked sheepishly.

"Nope, I picked, I've already done something. Now you need to do something." she dignified. Her logic was weird.

"Fine, Favorite color?"

"Blue, what about you?"

"Green?"

"Birthday?"

"April 21, you?"

"September 3," she replied, I sat thinking for a moment, then I realized.

"That's tomorrow!"

"In all honesty, it's in twenty minutes." she said looking at my phone.

"When did you take my phone?"

"When you asked my favorite color."

"Oh, I should have known," I said, slapping my forehead.

"Don't slap yourself too hard," she warned, laughing it off.

"I won't," I looked down at the girl in my arms, her face was a few inches away from me, and I found myself leaning closer to her. Our lips were an inch away from each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that took so long, but my parents decided to mess with our garden, and I have to help.