Sleeping With The Enemy: Matt Flyzik

I wanna fall so in love.

I walk up four flights of stairs just to see my best friend in the whole wide world. Vinny Vegas. he has an apartment near a Pizza Place, so every Friday night is our movie night. We rent a movie and get a large pizza and just be a fat ass. I entered Vinny's apartment and saw a spiky hair kind of guy, I knew exactly who it was, Matt Flyzik. Next to him I see a curly red head girl on his shoulder his girlfriend Becca.
Jealousy flooded over my body, even though Matt and I hated each other with a burning passion, I still had a tiny crush on him.
"Oh," I said dropping my bag and keys on the table next to the door.
Vinny quickly got up and rushed over to me. "Hey, I hope you don't mind...they had nothing to do... so I invited them over."
"Yeah I do mind, Friday night is always our night. Not 'oh let's bring Matt and Becca night.'"
At that moment Matt got up and went over to me.
"If you don't want us here, we'll leave."
He went back over to where he and Becca were and grabbed his phone and told Becca they were leaving.
On his way past me, he bumped into me. We looked at each other for a moment, Matt and I looked eye to eye. I saw pain in his eyes. I couldn't describe the pain he had. I was breathless. He looked breathtaking. His eyes were even more breathtaking then his body. I didn't know what to say, to even what to do. It's like I forgot everything in the world but Matt Flyzik.

I didn't stay at Vinny's long, maybe an hour. I didn't speak to him, he wasn't in the room. I turned on the TV and just watched it. After an hour I called Zack. Zack is a mushy gushy kind of guy, so ghe'll know how to fix things up for me. I left Vinny's without a word, Zack lived not far from where Vinny lived. Maybe two blocks away.

I beeped my horn and called Zack to come outside, he did. He got in my car and looked at me.

“Mel, were you crying?” Zack asked.

“No.”

“What's wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Bullshit.”

I drove to Burger King. Zack ordered for me. A Veggie-Burger and he got himself a Whopper. We went all the way in the back left corner.

“What's wrong?” He broke the silence among us.

I didn't reply.

“Wait, isn't tonight Vinny and your movie night?”

“Was.”

“What do you mean 'was'” Zack asked.

“I went over there and Matt and Becca were there. So Matt said he'd leave, in a rude way by the way, and he grabbed Becca and left. Then I got you and now where here.”

“I sense jealousy.”

“I'm not jealous!!!” I said in a high pitched voice.
“Yeah, yeah okay.”

“Why..why does Matt hate me so much? I only hate him because he hates me.”

“Do you remember when you dated John O from The Maine?”

“Yeah, Worst year of my life.”

“Well, before you dated john, Matt really liked you. When ever you weren't around all he did was talk about you, think about you, man, he really did care about you. We all think you both would be together. But we all thought wrong... “

But from that moment on, he hated you. He only thought about hating you. Nothing else. Hate hate hate. He told me he can never forgive you...but I guess he moved on..”

“Oh,” I said. I got up and threw away my trash, and went back to the table.

“Tell Rian to come pick you up, I want to be alone right now.”

“Sure, call me if ya need me. I'm here for you.”

I drove him in silence, I didn't listen to any music, not even Nirvana. My all time favorite band. I got out of the car and went to my door. “Why?” I thought. I put the key in and walked in.

My dog, Naruto, jumped on me.

“Hey there boy. Hungry?”

He barked.

I fed Naruto. I went and turned on the TV.

I went upstairs and found something to wear. I put on a Jagk shirt and a pair of john's boxers he left here when he slept over.

The door bell rang.

I didn't know who it was, or why they were knocking at my door at 12:30 at night. I wasn't expecting anyone, “Maybe it's Vinny.” I thought. I went downstairs to see who it was.

I opened the door. Standing there was the one and only.

Matt Flyzik.