Status: Incomplete...

Unwonderland

Eighteen

"And who's this?" the Jeston boy stared Abel in the eye. Alexias must not have told him.

"I'm nobody, sir," Abel answered quietly, breaking the eye contact.

"Alexias?" he heard the boy say. Alexias sighed.

"Jes, this is Abel," Alexias' voice sounded ashamed. Abel's head snapped up, shocked.

"Hello, Abel, I'm Jeston," he greeted rather nicely.

"Um, hello Jeston," Abel nodded his way.

"So you're the famous boy that we're going to rescue this Thursday?" Jeston asked.

"Thursday? I wasn't aware," Abel shook his head. Jeston nodded proudly.

"You and a boy named Sebastian," he informed. Abel noticed Alexias was smiling ear to ear.

"Wow, thank you," Abel truly ment it.

"Not a problem, man," Jeston smiled at him, "you want to share with us?" he held up the basket for Abel to see.

"I couldn't possibly," Abel shook his head.

"Nonsense," Jeston rose to his feet, helped Alexias up and traveled to the borderline.

"Thank you...again," Abel grinned up at him.

"You're welcome," Jeston smiled back, pushing a sandwich towards no man's land.

"I have to be honest," Alexias said quietly, "Jes, I thought you were going to freak out."

"I'm a soldier," he grinned at Alexias, "I knew of him way before today. I just never thought you'd know him."

"Guess what," she shrugged, "I know him."

Jeston laughed biting into his own sandwich. Alexias picked apart her sandwich and Abel had already finished his.

"Sir?" a voice emanated behind him, he knew it was Sebastian.

"Yes, Sebastian?" he looked behind him, noticing the young man a few yards away.

"The Red Queen would like to see you," the boy seemed scared.

"Does she seem upset?" he inquired indifferently.

"Yes," he nodded. Abel sighed.

"You might want to reschedule the rescue mission," Abel was serious and so was Jeston.

"I'll go talk to my higher ups," Jeston rose and left.

"I'm sorry, Alexias, I must go," Abel left too.

"Please, be careful," she whispered just before he was out of earshot. Abel didn't answer, just walked silently next to Sebastian. What on earth could she be mad at?

"Do you have any idea why she could be mad?" Abel spoke his thoughts.

"Not mad, angry," Sebastian glanced at him from the side.

"Angry?" Abel asked, incredulously, "why?" he mused mostly to himself.

"I think it has something to do with when you were in the Real Realm," Sebastian's shoulders are lowered as if he was defeated.

"Sebastian, what's wrong?" Abel inquired, watching the boy.

"I'm scared, Sir Abel," Sebastian said softly, lowering his head ever so slightly.

"Don't worry, Sebastian. We'll be alright," Abel pat him on the the shoulder, disappearing within the castle, "Sir," Abel immediately addressed Stayne, who, he expected, to be waiting inside the door the whole time.

"Follow me," he said dully, maybe even a little pissed. Abel followed silently, his heart hammering in his chest.

"Abel, I'm glad you came," Bloody Red smiled down at him from her throne. Abel knelt in front of her, his eyes glued to the floor, "why have I summoned you, you wonder?"

Slightly, Abel nodded his head, "Abel, you may speak."

"I'm sorry, ma'am, if I have upset you in any way," Abel said, keeping his eyes on the floor.

"Upset? No, no, I'm not upset. Actually, I would like to appraise you," she spoke as if she were talking to a dog. Slow and her voice pitched high.

"Appraise? For what, ma'am?" he asked.

"For such a great job in the Real Realm," he heard a smile in her voice. Abel refrained from looking up at her.

"Thank you, my queen," Abel said, closing his eyes. He could feel the medicine draining away.

"You're welcome, Abel, you are dismissed," slowly Abel rose to his feet, staggering to the outside world. Sebastian was waiting for him behind the door.

"Were you...waiting for me the entire...time?" He asked, his body swaying.

"Yes, sir...Abel, are you okay?" Sebastian took a step closer to him.

"Yeah," he slurred out the word, "my medicine is..." there it went. A grin pulled up his lips and he started laughing, "gone," he sang.

"Sir, follow me," Sebastian pulled Abel by the elbow. He followed in a daze.

"Where are we going?" he asked loudly, giggling.

"You'll see, please, keep your voice down," Sebastian whispered to him. Abel blinked, trying with great effort to keep his voice reigned in, "Miss Alexias, Sir Jeston?"

"Alexias and Jeston? Sebastian-"

"Shh," Sebastian silenced him. Tearing his arm from Sebastian, he stood straight up, scrounging the river for his friends.

"Sebastian," Alexias emerged from the growth. Quickly Sebastian clamped his hand over Abel's mouth, "Sebastian?"

"His medicine wore off. I'm keeping him from bursting, where's Sir Jeston?" Sebastian asked, his voice still pitched low. Abel mumbled passed his hand, "shh, please, Sir Abel. It's for your own good."

"He's on his way with help," she answered, staying close to the growth. Sebastian nodded, releasing Abel.

"Alexias," he whispered, a wicked smile spread across his face just as Jeston walked into the clearing. He paused.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Jeston asked.

"His medicine wore off," Alexias explained, her hand clamped on her necklace.

"Abel, listen to me, do you want anything from your home?" Jeston inquired, moving closer to them. Abel smiled wide and shook his head.

"They took all of my belongings after my mom was murdered," he said cheerily.

"Then both of you, come here," Jeston was at the border, waving them forward. Abel crossed as if nothing were there, but Sebastian hesitated.

"Sebastian?" Jeston blinked.

"I'm scared," he whispered, his shoulders shaking.

"We'll protect you," Jeston gave him an award winning smile. Sebastian took a deep breath, stepping over the border.

"Welcome to White Queen Territory," Jeston smiled, ushering them quickly from the meadow.

"It'll only be a matter of time before Bloody Red finds out about us," Abel skipped to Alexias' side.

"We're ready," Alexias smiled at him. Abe smiled back.

"I'll fight with you guys," Abel grew serious.

"You can fight?" incredulity seeped into Alexias' voice.

"Yeah," Abel giggled, "quite well."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys. It's a short chapter, but I hope you like it. :). Leave me some love.