Status: Incomplete...

Unwonderland

Twenty

Sparring with Alexias felt great. He hadn't had a worthy opponent in years. He let the clang clang clang of metal on metal clear his mind. It felt so good to exert his muscles, to sweat, to laugh.

Alexias beat him three times out of five. By the time Abel, Alexias and Sebastian left, they couldn't keep the smiles off of their face.

“We must go see The White Queen,” Alexias led them throughout the castle. Finding her way through the winding halls with ease. Just like how he used to in the Red Castle.

“Is it because we don’t have living spaces?” Abel inquired, leaning over Alexias' shoulder. She looked back at him with a smile.

“You’ll both be living in the castle, with me,” she giggled, “what we actually need to see her for is to basically give her an update on the new comers and she needs to give you guys jobs. Most likely, Abel you’ll get a job like mine. I’m the champion but you’ll be a soldier of some sort and Sebastian. I’m not sure what you’ll get, but I promise you, you won’t be getting attendant again.”

“That’s all I know how to do,” his voice was low, playing with his fingers. Alexias smiled at him. Abel admired her kindness.

“That’s okay. I could tell you hated it though,” she said with her chin high. Abel smiled, he knew Sebastian hated it. That's why he treated all of the attendants with care.

“I did,” he nodded.

“Then you won’t get it again,” she smiled wider. Abel wondered how she knew that, “I promise.”

“Thank you, Alexias,” her name rolled off his tongue with ease, “I’ve never done that before,” he breathed, obviously he liked that. Abel had never heard Sebastian call people by their first names.

“Hurry hurry,” Alexias started to skip down the hallway. Abel quickened his pace, he heard what sounded like a heavy door opening.

“Alexias,” The White Queen greeted, Abel kept his eyes to the ground, “Ah, Abel, and Sebastian also, welcome to The White Kingdom.”

“Thank you, Miss,” Abel took a knee. Sebastian followed suit. He didn't want to start off bad.

“Abel, Sebastian, I am not my sister,” The Queen talked down from her throne, “please stand up.”

Abel and Sebastian stood, uneasiness in the pit of Abel's stomach. They would have never been asked to stand up in front of The Red Queen. The White Queen continued, “here you can speak your mind, as long as you don’t cut me off we’re on good terms. I love to hear everyone’s opinions or if you have something to contribute. Never be afraid to come talk to me about anything,” she finished up. Abel's eyes widened. How could the queens be sisters? They were complete and utter polar opposites.

“Thank you, my queen,” both Abel and Sebastian bowed to her. Abel had to keep the smile from his face.

“Alexias, take them to their rooms,” she ordered. She wasn't giving them jobs today? Guess not. Before Abel knew it, Alexias was tugging on his elbow.

“Come with me,” she turned on her heel, walking with a pop in her step out of the main doors from the Throne Room. They followed her up the Grand Stairway, passed Bayard.

“Hello, Miss Alexias,” he panted, “Sir Abel.”

“Good to see you, Bayard,” Abel patted him on the head. Alexias patted him afterwards, continuing on passed a door, Abel presumed to be her room. The next doorway was closed, but had a vacant look to it. All of the other rooms besides the open one looked vacant.

“Abel, this is yours,” she opened the door with a grin, “Sebastian yours is right next to Abel’s.”

Abel vaguely heard Sebastian say, "wow," then ask, "do we all have balconies?"

Abel didn't hear her answer. He scrounged his room. It looked nice. He smiled. He has never had a room this nice.

A couple minutes later he heard Alexias walk back down the hallway. He saw her pass his open doorway. Later, the Bandersnatch passed also, meandering down the hallway, sleepily. It's heavy steps padded by the carpet. Abel patted it on the head as it passed. It paused, looked up at him, blinked, then left for Sebastian's room, he guessed. Abel yawned, crawling into bed without another thought in the world.

***

It was early morning, when he heard someone pad down the hallway again. It was a light tread, but he couldn't be sure, he was still half asleep after all. He didn't think much of it, feeling utterly safe in his comfy bed. He sighed and rolled over, ultimately falling back asleep.

***

Nothing in particular woke him up, it was a feeling of uneasiness. Something in the pit of his stomach churning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the short chapter. Leave me some love though. :3.