Status: Incomplete...

Unwonderland

Twenty-Seven

Abel and Sebastian were chatting, Alexias’ mind was racing. She was feeling different. It had been a while since she had been to the River, so she decided to go right then.

“Abel, want to go to the river?” She turned around, addressing only Abel. It’s not that she disliked Sebastian, it’s just, Abel and Alexias hadn’t a moment alone since they had gotten here. Alexias just wanted to spend some time with Abel.

“I wouldn’t mind,” Abel shook his head; he turned his attention back to Sebastian. Alexias watched the boys with curiosity. They spoke so openly with each other, even though Sebastian was a servant to Abel for most of his life. “you wouldn’t mind staying here, would you?”

“No, I wouldn’t mind,” he shook his head at Abel and made his way for the kitchen. Alexias guessed Sebastian did like cleaning and cooking even if he didn’t like being an attendant. Alexias smiled softly at his retreating form, she did feel bad about sending him away, though.

“Shall we bring the Bandersnatch?” Alexias skipped ahead of Abel. Alexias didn’t see Abel shrug at her as she moved for the main entrance of the castle.

“If you want to,” Alexias could feel Abel following closely. She nodded and skipped toward the main stairway. Well he gave her the choice, so she’d go get the Bandersnatch, extra protection, so to speak.

***

Alexias lead the way to the river; she supposed Abel was still a little confused about how to get around. He’d get used to it, she just knew it, well Sebastian did know how to get to the kitchen, so soon enough Abel would be able to get about with ease.

“Whoa,” Abel breathed. Alexias knew he hadn’t been here since the day they were recovered from Red Territory. Alexias went and sat down at the edge of the river, she waved Abel over, for the Bandersnatch had followed her when she moved for the river. Abel followed suit, he sank to the bank, and before he said a word, he touched the water. Alexias watched him lovingly. He was just so cute. Abel looked as if he had heard something…different. Abel was stiff; suddenly he turned his eyes onto Alexias’.

“Alexias, I feel I must do something,” Abel said softly. Alexias blinked at him, what did he have to do?

“Then do it,” her voice was soft and confident. She didn’t expect anything, she thought Abel was going to get up but, Abel slowly began to lean toward her. He tilted his head to the side, his face drawing ever closer to hers. Alexias didn’t move, her lips parted slightly in amazement, Abel had never been this close to her, ever. Their lips weren’t even an inch apart, Abel seemed confident in his actions she could feel his breath on the tip of her lips. He smiled slightly and closed the gap.

Abel was kissing her! Was this another bout of madness or was he acting on his own accord. Alexias couldn’t stop thinking, but Abel’s passion heated up and Alexias couldn’t help but return the favor. Sparks flew and Alexias couldn’t seem to pull away, even if she needed air. Abel was the first to pull away. They were both gasping for air, Alexias kept her eyes closed a few extra seconds, and then she met eyes with the boy she knew she loved.

He was smiling at her, his face flushed red, his violet eyes sparkling with a new found intensity that Alexias hadn’t noticed before. She didn’t mean for this river visit to bring out the best of their feelings for each other, but it did. Alexias returned his wonderfully happy smile with one just as similar. Alexias leaned forward again, but instead of Abel touching lips with her, he tenderly laid his forehead against hers. He cast his eyes downward and he began to speak, “Alexias,” he started off in a whisper of his normal voice.

“Yes,” Alexias squeaked out that single word. She watched him intently, his lips perked up at the sound of her voice, he chuckled softly, but never removing his forehead from hers.

“Alexias, I love you,” he said, almost too softly for her to hear. Her heart skipped a beat, this she already knew. When she saw Abel and the cloaked man talking, Abel had said he loved her then. Alexias’ laugh was a nervous one, but she knew she had to answer him.

“Abel, I love you too,” just as Alexias was saying her response, someone yelled her name.

“Alexias! Alexias the Queen must see you,” it was Ancilla. Ever since Alexias discarded Charudatta, Ancilla had been repositioned to another part of the castle. Although she still brought Alexias water and food and extra blankets and things of that nature, she was not keeping a watchful eye on Alexias any longer. Alexias missed her.

“I’ll be right there,” Alexias reluctantly pulled her forehead away from Abel’s and she began to rise to her feet. Abel caught her wrist, pulled her back down, and kissed her even more passionately then before. But the kiss was ended too soon. He smiled confidently at her and rose to his feet, he then helped her up and hugged her, “Abel,” Alexias giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck. He breathed on her shoulder and abruptly let her go. He offered his hand to her and gladly she took it.

“Shall we go see the Queen?” he looked at her, his eyes filled to the brim with love. Alexias returned his gaze and smiled softly at him.

“We shall,” Alexias moved slightly ahead of him, he trailed behind her, talking to the Bandersnatch. It was silent, but Alexias could hear its large footsteps following after them.

***

Alexias told Abel to wait outside the doors, since the call wasn’t for the both of them, she didn’t want to get him in trouble for coming, “you wished to see me, Miss?”

“Yes, where’s Abel, I was under the impression that you were with him, am I correct?” the Queen stared down at her with magnitude of ten people. Her gaze was sharp and authoritative and Alexias nearly buckled under the strength of it.

“You are, but Ancilla called for just me, so I didn’t prefer to get him in trouble. Let me fetch him,” Alexias backed away for the door. She turned and noticed she was closer to the door than she thought. She grabbed ahold of the handles and waved Abel into the room.

“So he was waiting outside?” the Queen inquired, amusement not even bothered to be masked in her voice. Alexias smiled shyly up at her, and rubbed the back of her head.

“Easier that way rather than running all over the castle to find him,” Alexias laughed nervously, although she didn’t quite know why she was nervous, the Queen seemed amused not upset.

“Welcome, Abel,” she greeted from her throne, Abel smiled at his welcome.

“Thank you, my Queen,” he bowed, but didn’t drop to the floor like his first time in the Throne Room. He stood back up and watched their Queen with interest. Alexias had to refrain from smiling at his adorable sight.

“Now, the reason I called you two here today is one thing, I want you two to train with Fronia. Five hours a day,” the Queen declared. Alexias and Abel’s eyes widened exceptionally.

“Five hours a day? Why?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, but here you guys go! :3. And yes, Abel has to be confident, he is Itallian, right? X3. Leave me some love.