Status: Incomplete...

Unwonderland

Seven

"Alexias," she heard a slight voice. It was Abel.

"Yes?" she said back to him. She scooched ever so slightly.

"Can you see, at all?" Abel asked.

"No, not really, but I sent the Bandersnatch to get us a candle," Alexias explained. She heard the Bandersnatch come back into the clearing., "and here it is now."

Alexias grabbed the candle from the Bandersnatch, holding it by the bottom. The flame flickered and moved with her. Only her hand was visible until she set it down. A small circle illuminated around them, she saw Abel smile at her. She returned it, her medicine wearing off.

"Is your medicine wearing off?" he asked softly.

"A little, but I'm okay," she whispered. Her arm was just a little painful.

"Here," he pushed the vile towards the boarder.

"What's this?" she asked picking it up. She studied it. The vile was dark and she couldn't get a good look at it's contents.

"It's ibuprofene. In the Real Realm, it's normal pain killers, but here it helps you heal faster" he smiled again. Alexias noted that he had spoken Italian again. There was rustling in the grass behind him, he sighed, "what now, Sebastian?"

"The Red Queen would like to see you, now," spoke a bodiless voice. Alexias was curious.

"Who's that?" Alexias asked, she leaned forward, trying to get a better look.

"Sebastian, come here," Abel called him over. Slowly, the man named Sebastian came to stand next to Abel, "sit down, in the candle light."

Sebastian did as he was told, sitting down next to Abel. Alexias studied him. His hair was red, worn long, at least down to his shoulders. His eyes were a pale blue and he was relatively skinny. He was adorable.

"Hi, my name is Alexias," she tryied to make her voice light, but it cracked in pain.

"My name is Sebastian," he said softly, "I am an attendant of Abel."

"He's nice to you, right?" Alexias asked, sarcastically, looking at Abel. He was too cute to not be nice to.

"Yes," smiled Sebastian, he nodded only slightly.

"Good, if not I'd have to hit him," giggled Alexias. Both boys chuckled at her.

"Alexias. I must go now, please go home and get some rest, we can talk tomorrow," smiled Abel as he climbed to his feet, Sebastian followed suit. They were out of the circle, their faces shaded once more.

"Okay," she said softly as she heard the boys walk away. She waited a good five minutes before she climbed painfully to her feet. The Bandersnatch was sucked to her side. She smiled down at it.

"Mind picking up the candle and vile for me?" she asked softly. It bent down, picking up the candle first, then the vile. Alexias slid the vile into her pocket, walking away from the boarder.

***

"Alexias, do you need medicine?" the Queen asked.

"Yes, ma'am," Alexias nodded.

"Okay, hold still," the Queen said softly. Alexias held very still, closing her eyes.

"So have you thought about what we talked about?" Alexias asked in a strained voice as the needle went in her arm.

"Yes," she said.

"Well?" Alexias asked again.

"I'm not quite sure yet. There are a lot of possibilities if I were to agree," she explained. Alexias sighed.

"I understand," Alexias nodded.

***

Alexias was sleeping softly. The vile of ibuprofene was sitting on her nightstand. She still hasn't taken it. She heard a bump in her room. She stiffened. Slowly she opened her eyes. Someone was reaching for her ibuprofene.

"What're you doing?" she spoke firmly to the dark stranger. They turned their face toward her, it was shaded by their hood. She glared at them in the darkness. They said nothing as they turned to leave, keeping the vile on the desk.

"Who are you?" she spoke as they reached for her doorknob. They didn't turn around and they never spoke. This person left and didn't return, "That was weird."

She reached for the ibuprofene, laying it under her pillow, keeping it safe. Tomorrow she will take it.

***

Alexias woke refreshed and in pain. During the night her medicine must have worn off. She left her room, cradling her arm to her chest. Completely forgetting about the ibuprofene. She wasn't watching where she was going. She almost ran head long into Charudatta.

"Uhm... Sorry," she said softly.

"Jeez, watch where you're going," he snapped, walking down the steps before her. What happened to the gentleman she was getting to know?

"Sorry," she apologized again softly. She waited a good minute and a half before she descended after him.

"Alexias, you're awake," smiled Ancilla.

"Yes," she nodded, "but I need more pain medication," she held up her arm.

"Right away," Ancilla nodded, "follow me."

Alexias followed silently, winding their way throughout the castle. They came to a door at the end of the hall. Alexias knew this as the infirmary. She was here when she got her stitches. See, Wonderland doesn't have hospitals.

"Here we are," Ancilla spoke, opening the door then turning back to her.

"Thank you, Ancilla," Alexias nodded before moving in the door. Ancilla let the door close behind her.

"Miss Alexias," one of the nurses smiled at her. She was very petite as if she were only twelve, but Alexias knew she was in her twenties. She was very pretty, her short brown hair bouncing with each of her steps. Her eyes were a very pale brown. It was pretty. Alexias smiled back.

"What brings you here?" asked the nurse again.

"I'm here for pain medication," Alexias said softly. She held up her left arm.

"Alrighty then, come with me," the nurse walked toward the desk in the corner. She pulled out a needle, "hold still."

Alexias did as she was told. She closed her eyes and held as still as she could. She felt a slight pinch as the needle slid into her vein.

"Okay, Miss Alexias, all done," the nurse smiled at her once more.

"Thank you," smiled Alexias as she left.

***

She was walking to the front door, when she remembered the ibuprofene under her pillow. She cursed herself for forgetting about it.

"Ancilla?" Alexias called half way up the steps.

"Yes, Miss?" she answered, poking her head around the corner.

"Could you get me a glass of water?" she asked.

"Right away, Miss," Ancilla nodded, walking passed her to the kitchen. Alexias ran to her room, tearing the vile out from under her pillow. She poured out a single pill and before Ancilla came back she popped it into her mouth.

"Miss, here's your water," Ancilla spoke, handing the glass to her. Alexias moved the pink rounded pill to her cheek and spoke.

"Thank you, Ancilla," she spoke, and smiled slightly. Ancilla nodded, leaving the room. Alexias swallowed the pill and waited. Nothing happened, "Hm. Maybe it takes a while."

***

Alexias, after training with her teacher, she went to the river, the Bandersnatch tagging along. Absently she pet the top of it's head. She heard barking behind her. Then her name.

"Miss Alexias! Wait up!" a deep voice called. She stopped and turned around. It was Bayard.

"Hello Bayard," smiled Alexias. She loved talking Bayard, but never asked for him to tag along. He was so busy, what with his puppies and all. He was panting by the time he came to a stop in front of her, "what brings you here?"

"I had some free time and thought I'd tag along," he spoke up to her.

"That's fine," she smiled down at him. His eyes sparkled.

"Thank you, Miss," he spoke. She nodded, turned, and left for the clearing.

***

"Abel?" she asked aloud. Not caring about Bayard. She knew he wouldn't say anything.

"Who's Abel?" asked Bayard.

"He's a friend of mine. Promise you won't say anything to The Queen?" she asked.

"I promise, Miss," he nodded.

"I knew I loved you," she squeaked, bending down to hug him around the neck.

"I see I have some competition," Abel's voice floated among the air to her ears. She pulled away from the dog.

"I don't know," she shrugged, "He's gotten ahead of you, Abel," she smirked at him. He smiled back.

"Hardly. I think I could compete with a dog," Abel spoke, his smile growing wider.

"I don't think so, he can talk," whispered Alexias.

"So can I," Abel pointed out.

"Yes, but you see, you're not a dog," Alexias giggled. Abel chuckled with her.

"That I am not," he breathed, the smile still there. Alexias giggled again.

"Abel, this is Bayard," she pointed to the dog.

"Hello Bayard," Abel smiled at him.

"Good evening, Sir," Bayard replied. Alexias moved toward the boarder.

"Miss Alexias?" Bayard asked.

"It's alright Bayard, come," she called him and the Bandersnatch over, as she sat down at the boarder in front of Abel. Bayard and the Bandersnatch came and laid down next to her. Flanking her sides. The Bandersnatch was calm, where Bayard seemed on edge. Abel must not have won his trust yet.

"So, I took the ibuprofene this morning. And nothing happened," Alexias said.

"Yeah it takes a day or so," Abel nodded.

"So, I've been wondering," Alexias started, "What does ibuprfene mean?"

"It means ibuprofen, but ibuprofene is more fun to say," he smirked.

"Have you ever been to the Real Realm?" Alexias asked, excitedly. She remembered him talking about it before.

"Yes," he nodded, "I am originally from Italy."

"Italy?" Alexias asked.

"You've never been to the Real Realm, have you?" he asked.

"No," she said softly, "my mother was, though."

"Oh, I would've thought, because you sound English," he explained.

"My mother and father were English, and everyone around me was English too. I've been around it for my whole life," Alexias explained.

"Oh, you know what? Later, I'll bring you a map of the Real Realm," he smiled at her.

"Oh my God! Thank you so much!" Alexias exclaimed.

"You've never seen the Real Realm, you're mother never told you about it?" Abel asked incredulously.

"No," Alexias shook her head, "whenever I asked my mother about the Real Realm, she'd change the subject. I don't know anything about it."

"Well where I come from, it's beautiful," he smirked, she just now noticed a slight accent. She guessed it was an Italian accent. He hid it well.

"How beautiful? And where were you from?" Alexias asked. She wanted to know.

"I was from Rome or Roma as us Italians call it. It is a beautiful city. It has historical events and monuments. I loved it there, but you see, we were needed here," explained Abel.

"Wow," Alexias breathed, "do you have pictures?"

"Yes," he smiled, "I'll bring them with the map."

"Thank you!" she exclaimed happily.

"Alexias?" a female voice called. Alexias quickly moved to the river, "Alexias."

"Yes?" she asked, once she was situated. Ancilla walked into the clearing.

"You must go back to the castle for your physical therapy and your teacher wants to teach you how to fight with only your right hand," Ancilla spoke. She seemed strained, she must've seen Abel.

"Okay," Alexias said softly. She didn't want to leave. As she got up, she looked apologetically at Abel. She smiled at her. Alexias, reassured, smiled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long! School and all ^_^" haha hope chuu like :D