Status: Incomplete...

Unwonderland

Nine

"Alexias," she heard her name. She turned from the river. He was smiling at her. She smiled back at Abel and moved closer to the boarder.

"Hello," Alexias said, softly.

"I have something for you," he slowly brought items from behind his back. She squealed.

"Thank you, so much!" she exclaimed. He laid them on the boarder, she snatched them up, grabbing for the pictures first.

"Wow," she breathed, "it really is beautiful."

She examined the pictures. Then she made for the map. The world map it looked like.

"Wow," she smiled. She felt Abel staring at her.

"Alexias... I-"

"Abel! I can't believe you lived here!" she interrupted accidentally.

"Yeah," he chuckled. She waited a bit, to see if he would've finished his sentence. He didn't.

"What was it you were going to say?" she asked, finally. He looked like he was nervous. She wondered what he wanted to say.

"I... Uh," he paused, "Io vado al Regno Reale," he said in a hurried voice, "Mi dispiace tanto, Alexias, vorrei portare con me-"

"Abel," she said. He stopped, she nearly smiled at him, "You're speaking Italian." She wondered what he said, but didn't push it.

He took a deep breath, "I'm... Uh... Going to the... Uh... Real Realm," he said that last part hurriedly. She felt her heart drop.

"What?" she asked. She tried to mask her disappointment, but she knew he heard it in her voice.

"Yeah," he lowered his head, "I wish I could take you with me," he said softly. Her heart squeezed.

"Hey," she said, "look at me."

He complied, his violet eyes meeting hers. She smiled, trying to hide her disappointment.

"It's okay, just be sure to bring be some pictures," she smiled. She wanted pictures.

He smiled back and said, "I'll bring you something more than just pictures."

"Like what?" she asked, excitedly. What was he going to get?

"You'll see," he said. He smirked at her.

"Sir, it's time for your departure," Sebastian appeared behind him. She smiled again.

"Hello Sebastian," Alexias waved.

"Good evening, Miss Alexias," he smiled.

"I must go," Abel said softly.

"I'll be here when you return," Alexias smiled, happily. Abel smiled back.

"I promise, I won't be long," he promised.

"Alright," Alexias nodded. He left. Right then, he left. Once he was out of sight, she felt tears prickle at the back of her eyes. She broke down. She was alone, again she was alone. Although, temporarily.

The Bandersnatch snuggled into her side, as if offering a shoulder to cry one. A very broad, large and warm shoulder. She collapsed into it's fur. It licked her right arm, it's tongue like sandpaper. She reigned in her sobs, wiping the dampness from it's fur.

"Alexias?" a voice asked. It was female and very elegant. Alexias didn't even make an attempt to move. She'll just make up and excuse later. She didn't answer, "Alexias?"

The White Queen walked into the clearing, Alexias heard her approach, "Alexias, are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah," she sniffed, wiping her tears from her cheeks.

"What happened?" she asked.

"It's nothing," Alexias looked down. The White Queen moved to her side, sank, gracefully, down to the ground, hugging her around the shoulders.

"Miss, your dress," she said, halfheartedly.

"Don't worry about it," she said softly, "Tell me what's troubling you?"

"Well to start, I lost my mother at the age of ten, as you already know," she side glanced at the Queen. She nodded, "and I've kept my feelings bottled up for at least three years. And remember what I asked you? About that guy in Red Queen Territory?"

"Yes," she nodded, "what about him?"

"Well, his name is Abel," she said. She couldn't keep it to herself anymore, "I've been talking to him for about a week now. He's been with The Red Queen for all of his life, but he's not bad, I can see it. He's actually," Alexias cracked a little smile, "he's mad."

"He's mad?" The Queen asked, incredulously, "Iracebeth has a mad man?"

"Yes," Alexias nodded, "He's the nicest person I've eve met. His mother was killed by The Red Queen," she looked The Queen right in the eyes. She looked shocked. Alexias nodded.

"She was thinking of coming to our side, when The Red Queen caught wind and had her killed," Alexias felt Abel's pain. 'I know what you're going through, Abel.

"So, why are you crying, dear?" she asked. Alexias looked to The Queen again. Tears escaped her ducts.

"I'm all alone, again," she whispered.

"You're not alone, dear, you've got me, the kingdom, Ancilla, Bayard, even the Bandersnatch. Alexias, you are far from alone," she said softly.

"I know, but I have no one to talk to," she whispered.

"You can talk to me," The Queen said, softly.

"But you're always busy," Alexias said. The Queen nodded.

"That's true," she spoke, gently. Alexias felt a pang of guilt in her stomach.

"I'm so sorry, Miss, I'm keeping you," Alexias began to gather herself, starting to get up. The Queen's hand shot out and caught her wrist. Her hand was cold and soft.

"Sit back down, Alexias," The Queen ordered, gently. Alexias sat back down, leaning heavily against the Bandersnatch. Her medicine made her feel so heavy.

"Alexias, listen to me," The Queen said softly. Alexias looked at her, "You are not alone. Whenever you need me, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, don't hesitate to come and get me."

Alexias couldn't help herself. She flung herself into The White Queen's arms. She knew she wasn't supposed to touch The Queen, but she just couldn't help it. Hesitantly, The White Queen wrapped her arms around Alexias' waist. Alexias sobbed into her shoulder.

"Thank you," she choked out. The Queen never answered, but she felt her smile.

"Alexias?" a light voice asked. She knew this voice.

"Abel-" she choked out, looking to the forest.

"Yes," he smiled.

"What're you doing here?" she asked, her voice wavering a bit.

"I came to say you can keep those pictures and the map," he said.

"Wha-?" she started, "but they're yours."

"I know, but I want you to have them," he said. Tears flooded her vision.

"Thank you," she whispered up to him, smiling.

"Hey, stop crying," he said, moving toward the boarder. As close as he could get without crossing.

"Sorry," she wiped her tears with her good arm. As she did so, The White Queen spoke up.

"So I guess you're the famous Abel I've heard so much about," she said.

"Yes, ma'am, I'm glad to meet you," he smiled.

"He doesn't seem all that mad," The Queen whispered in Alexias' ear.

"He's got this special medicine that keeps him sane for short amounts of time," Alexias explained, "but he doesn't like it."

"Makes me feel, different, like I'm not in control of my own self," he spoke up. He didn't sit, she knew he had to leave.

"Abel, you have to leave," Alexias shooed.

"I know, I'm sorry. Nice to meet you again, ma'am," he bowed and ran from the forest.

"Well he was cute," giggled The Queen. Alexias giggled with her.

"I know," she whispered, a smile tugging her lips up.

"Where's he going?" The Queen asked.

"He's going to the Real Realm," she said.

"Why?" she asked.

"It's another errand for The Red Queen. He didn't tell me what for," she said.

"I can only imagine. That poor boy," she said, sadly, "I will consider having him on our side. As long as he promises he will behave," she spoke.

"Oh he'll behave," Alexias spoke, "and he has this attendant, his name is Sebastian. He is so sweet, could he come along?"

"Yes, but I would like to meet him," The Queen said.

"Not a problem," Alexias smiled.

***

Alexias spent the rest of the day, just talking to The White Queen.

"Well, I think it's time to go," The Queen spoke, gracefully rising. Alexias climbed to her feet, standing next to The Queen. She wasn't nearly as graceful as The White Queen, but futilely she tried anyways. She swayed slightly.

"Honey, I think you need more sleep," spoke The Queen softly. She guided Alexias over to the back of the Bandersnatch. Hesitantly she climbed on and let the rocking of the Bandersnatch's gait lull her into a light sleep. She was exhausted, she sighed.

***

"Ow," she said, sleepily. A hot pain seared through her, centering in her stomach. A dark chuckling sounded around her. Slowly, she came to, with a dark man hovering over her, "W-who are you?"

This man didn't answer, just kept working over her bare belly. Her shirt was pulled up far enough that her breasts weren't showing but her belly was. The pain was unbearable. Her right arm reached up for the knife he was using.


Her eyes snapped open. She was gasping and sweat stuck her hair to forehead. Slowly she sat up, but her stomach exploded in pain.

"What the-"

She stopped. There was blood seeping through her shirt. Slowly and painfully she sat up leaning heavily against the head of her bed. Her breath was rigid, her shirt heavy with the density of her blood. With a face that contorted in pain as she peeled it off her wound.

The gash was real and it was huge. Who had done this to her? And right after Abel left. Her eyes stung. She needed help, she's lost a lot of blood.

"Ancilla!" she screamed. Within the minute Ancilla was in her room.

"Yes, Mi- oh my god!" Ancilla yelled, "Wait here! Don't move!"

Ancilla left the room.

***

Alexias was rushed to the infirmary, her belly on fire. Tears fell from her eyes, she gritted her teeth from against the pain, so not to cry out.

"Alexias! What happened?" The Queen asked.

"I-I don't know," she whispered painfully. She closed her eyes, tight, her body shrinking in on itself against the pain.

"Okay, honey, we'll figure this out. Relax. We'll have you fixed in no time," her voice was soothing and Alexias was so tired. She relaxed some and waited her treatment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long! School and all hope chuu likes though! :) Leave me some love ^_^