Status: Writing

More Than This

Chapter 7

A couple of days had gone by and I was now at home, sitting in front of the telly doing my homework. “How can you concentrate, when the telly is blaring in the background?” Liam sat down beside me, reading over the essay I was writing for my English class. “Makes me calm” I wrote a line, not looking at him before I was done. I put my laptop on the coffee table and moved to face him. “And I have a brother that blasts music loudly, all day long. Which kind of is the same.” I smiled and shoved him playfully. He laughed at me and put his arm around my shoulders. “I love you Abigail, never forget that.” I furrowed my brows in confusion, who was dying? “I love you too, but why are you saying it like that?” he sighed and kissed the top of my head quickly. “We’re leaving for tour soon.”
My lips formed into an O’ shape and I looked down. “And mom and dad, won’t be home I suppose?” I felt him shaking his head, pulling me closer into his chest. I closed my eyes feeling the warm tears, burning the back of my eyes. “That’s just..” I couldn’t finish before my throat choked up. “You’re coming with me Abi” I looked up at Liam smiling down at me. “What?” I dried my tears away and Liam laughed at my expression. “I talked with your principal. You have your study break, before your exams. And he promised me that if you could concentrate on studying while being on the road, you could take your exams at the end of summer break.” My eyes widened and i threw my arms around his neck. “You’re the best fucking brother ever Lims!” I laughed at my weird nickname for him. I never really called him that. But for now I liked it.

That night I laid on my bed, talking on the phone with Louis. “How’s my favourite girl?” I could hear his smile on the other line. “Real good, had some good news thrown at me today.” I bit my bottom lip waiting for him to react, my hand that wasn’t holding my cell, was laying at my hips, playing with the strings of my pink shorts. “Oh really?! Let me hear then.” I giggled at his excitement and my smile grew much wider. “Im going on tour with you guys!” I heard a loud thumb and a curse. “What was that?” I heard a laugh on the other end and some noises. “Sorry about that. I dropped my phone out of shock.” He laughed and cleared his throat. “That’s awesome! But don’t you have school?” I nodded to myself but remembered he wasn’t here. “Yeah. But Liam sorted that out. I can take my exams before the summer break ends.” I heard Louis mumble something to himself, probably thinking some stuff over. “Isn’t that stupid though? Like after such a long break.” I hadn’t really thought about that. Both of our lines went quiet for a couple of minutes. “I don’t know” I whispered.

“Im sorry Love, I didn’t mean to make you sad.” I cleared my throat and let go of the string that were hanging from my pink shorts. “I know Lou.” I suddenly felt sad and very lonely. “I wish you were here to hold me right now” I could almost feel his smile through the phone. “Me too love”.
Because of it being a school night, we had to say goodbye. That night I fell asleep with a smile on my face. Now that I had my brother, his friends, Becca and a possible fella, missing my parents in my life really wasn’t that bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of new chapters, i've gotten myself a summerjob and its been really hectic! So sorry!