Status: In progress

The Annals of Atlantiopolis: Cosmology

The Shapeing of Gaea

In The Beginning was The Monad, who's true name is unknown but is called Kinei ou Kinoumenon and Anaitos Aitia. And from the speaking of His thought he created the Aeon, and thus Chronos began. And he created Ouranos and Gaea and all that in them is. And he separated The Phos from Sakitos and Nyx from Hemera. And He created Helios to rule Hemera and Selene to rule Nyx, and he filled the Aether with Chthon, Anemos, Hydros and Pyros. And then He formed many Diopetes and Sphairas and Asters. And so The Demiurge formed and fashioned the Kosmos organizing them all into many Astraeos, Astraea, Asteria, Hyperion and Hyperionides.

Gaea rests in The Helios Hyperion, and is the Sphaira on which he shall create all Zoe. Gaea circles Helios and Selene circles Gaea. Selene has two sides, Phoibe who faces Gaea and reflects The Phos of Helios during Nyx, and Koios who stares out into the Kosmos and can never been seen from Gaea.

Stilbon is the closest Sphaira to Helios, and second is Ourania who heralds the rising of Helios and end of Nyx. Gaea is third where Zoe views the rest, while Pyroeis is Fourth the Red which then was partly habitable. Klytoteknes was the fifth back in The Beginning. The sixth Phaethon is the largest Sphaira circling Helios, and the center of the largest Hyperionides within The Helios Hyperion. It has a large red eye that stares out into The Kosmos, and among the Sphaira circling it is Vulcan. Phainon is the seventh and is distinguished by the great Rings the encircle it and it is the last currently visible from Gaea, within it's Hyperionides are Tartaros and Kreios. Carae is the eight and Aiolos the ninth, beyond them are Zephyrus, Notus, Eurus and Boreas.

The Monad is the only True Dios, and yet he has three persons in whom he exists, though all three are The single Dios. Arkeas Hemeron, who is the first of all things. The Logos, in whom Dios manifests within The Aeon. And Harmonia, The spirit of Dios who moves all things to the will of Dios. Together they are called The Triad, but all are The Monad.

The Monad created many Nous to help govern The Kosmos. The Makaron among whom are Kosmokrators to ruler over various Sphaira but not Gaea. Kuriotes who govern aspects of Gaea, and the seven Thronos who stand before The Throne of Dios. But greater then any Makaron are the Griffins who guard the Thorne of Dios. They are named Leon, Tauros, Hydrokhos and Aetos. But the most powerful, intelligent and beautiful of all whom The Monad created was The Ophion who was named Phoebos Heosphorus. And he wore many precious stones representing all of the colors of Phos, woven together they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered. And he made wonderful music for The Monad.

But dearest to Dios of all he created was Epichthonios. Who he made in his own image from the dust of Chthon, and is the only creation who is both Nous and Zoe. He appointed Epichthonios The Archon of The Kosmos, and gave him dominion of all other Zoe of Gaea. From a piece of Epichthonios Dios made a wife for him, and she is called Mater. And Dios commanded them to be fruitful and multiply and fill all of Gaea.

And The Demiurge looked on all that he had created and declared it good. Then he took a rest for a day and so the day of rest was initiated.

The Heart of Phoebos Heosphorus was lifted up because of his beauty, and was corrupted by his wisdom and brightness, and he grew envious of Epichthonios and hated his Image. The Drakon was more subtle then any Zoe of Gaea, and he deceived Mater with his rhetoric and she Sinned. Epichthonios then Sinned knowingly for her sake and thus he Fell from his Oiketerion. The name of The Drakon was no longer Phoebos Heosphorus, but was changed to Diabolos. Kaos entered the Kosmos and Zoe was now subjected to Death. And Asters began to lose their Phos, some faded and some exploded. Kreios became a desolate waste land and Abussos Phrear began to occur througout the Kosmos, gaping wounds in the Aeon itself. Most of what exists was no longer perceivable to Epichthonios, that which he couldn't perceive became known as Zaphos.

Epichthonios was no longer The Archon, Diabolos had usurped his status. Epichthonios had to toil and to endure pain and inevitably die. But Dios Pater made a promise that one day Ophiokhos the Eschatos Epichthonios will come. He will be the bodily incarnation within The Kosmos of The Logos, born of Parthenos a daughter of Mater he will be called Soter. He will redeem Epichthonios and gain victory over Sin and Death., and he will overthrow Diabolos and become The Archon of The Kosmos. And at the end of the Aeon shall come the Krisis, Kaos shall cease and Chronos shall end and The Kosmos shall be restored. Death shall die and The Dead shall Rise.

The Dead rest within Gaea in Hades. Those that die in Sin are tormented in Erebos, but those that place their faith in the coming Soter are comforted in Kolpos until the Resurrection. After the Krisis those who placed their Faith in Soter will join him in the restored Kosmos, but the rest will be cast into Apoleia.

Epichthonios knew his wife Mater and she concived and bare a son to him who was known as Prototokos, and then she bore another who was known as Dikaios, and many other sons and daughter she bore him. Dikaios knew and understood the promise of redemption, and worshiped The Monad properly, but Prototokos did nto understand sought to please The Monad wiht the work of his hands and so was rejected. Prototokos grew envious of Dikaios and so he argued with him and then slew him, and his Blood was spilled upon the rocks. Prototokos took his sister-wife Eurynome and became a Vagabond in the wilderness, but from his offspring came many great tribes not long forogtton.

After Dikaio was slain, Mater bore another son and he became known as Sthenios. Sthenios grew and became wise and followed the path of Dikaio, and he had a Son who was called of old Anthropos. Harmonia came to also be called Sophia and it was ordained that the comeing Eschatos Epichthonios shall also be The Huios Anthropos. But Anthropos's descendents multimplied, and in time they among other tibes became to wane in their faithfullness to The Monad.

Epichthonios and Mater had many children and grandchildren and they filled Gaea. The Daughters of Epichthonios where very beautiful and many of the Makaron began to desire them. Diabolos placed it in their hearts to take wives among them, and so they abandoned their Oiketerion and fell into sin. Pyroeis they first made their dwelling place and built many cities and structures there. And via Pyroeis The Fallen Makaron descended from Ouranos into Gaea and took wives from the Daughters of Epichthonios and children where born onto them. The Cyclopes and Hecatonhries where among their offspring, but the Teitans where the most intelligent and powerful, and they began to rule over Gaea and lead all the children of Epichthonios to sin and rebellion.
 
Of the family of Anthropos was born one who came to be known as Trimesgistos. He was called by Dios to oppose the evils of the Fallen Makaron, he warned that Dios would one day destroy Gaea if the children of Epichthonios did not repent, and he proclaimed. "Behold, the Logos cometh with ten thousands of his Faithful, to execute Krisis upon all, and to convince all that are wicked among them of all their wicked deeds which they have wickedly committed, and of all their hard speeches which wicked sinners have spoken against him." And under the guidance of Harmonia he built a great Pillar that is the only structure on Gaea still standing from those days. The Fallen Makaron where imprisoned within Tartaros and then Trimesgistos was taken out of Gaea by The Monad. But it was foretold that he will return before the great and terrible day when Diabolos shall be overthrown by Ophiokhos.

The Teitans began to appoint rulers over them who where called Saturnos. The first Saturnos was Apollyon, but his son killed and overthrew him only to in turn be killed and overthrown by his own son. And so it was until Kronos the eighth and last Saturnos.
 
More Makaron where corrupted by Diabolos, the Kosmokrator of Klytoteknes called Polyphron, was a master of Science and Magik. And he began to teach the children of Epichthonios much Occult knolwdge and Technology, among which where Weapons of War, and thus Gaea was filled with Violence. A descendent of Trimesgistos known as Ogygos was called by Dios to build a great Ship for he and his wife, and their three sons and their wives, because Dios Pater has decided to send a great Flood to wipe out all Zoe form Gaea. When it was finished they brought some of every animal and entered the ship, Dios Pater then decreed that the Flood should come.

Dios Pater then smote Klytoteknes and it shattered into many Diopetes. They struck many Sphairas throughout the Helios Hyperion, triggering massive floods on both Pyroeis and Gaea, and leaving massive craters on Selene, Stilbon and many other Sphairas. But many of the Diopetes stayed where Klytoteknes had circled Helios. They are now called Kyllopodion and the largest among them is called Klytos. Pyroeis become uninhabitable and most of what the Fallen Makaron build there was destroyed and the rest left in ruins. On Gaea Kronos and the Teitans and all other life but those on the ship of Ogygos where killed by Dios, and The Flood lasted over a year. The Teitans, Cyclopes and Hecatonhries were Nous but they where not natural Zoe. So they did not go to Hades but continue to dwell on Gaea as Daimonions, phantoms unable to ineract directly in the Kosmos. But they can influence other Zoe or posses them. Some became Muses, some became Furies, and some became Familiars and many other kinds of movlevolent forces. They serve Diabolos and as a collective force they are called Eris.
 
The family of Ogygos multiplied but they did not want to spread out as Dios commanded them. So they build a great City and in it a great Tower and began to worship many false Dion. So Dios confounded their languages and forced them to scatter abroad.

More Makaron fell to the temptation of lust for the Daughters of Epichthonios. Now operating from Kreios they mated with more Daughters of Epichthonios and spawned the Gigantes and other mythical creatures and monsters of old. Polyphron has fallen and is now known as Amphigyeeis. He settled on Gaea and is continuing to do what he did before.

From the seed of the younger sons of Ogygos arose Ninus Bacchus who built a great empire in defiance of Dios, with the help of Amphigyeeis and other Fallen Makaron and the Gigantes. But Iapetos the first born Son of Ogygos was part of a revolt against him and Ninus was overthrown. As nations formed from the Tribes of Epichthonios Makaron where appointed as Arcas and Exousia to guide and govern them spiritually but not knowingly.

As the nations spread, more and more fell away from The Demiurge, they created and worshiped many false Dion and Dian. They created a Dio and Dea for every purpose they could imagine. But a remnant remained, in the city of Eirenopolis a faithful servant of The Monad called Hierubasileus ruled as King but also presided as Preist in the name of Dios Hypsistos.

The descendents of Iapetos mostly traveled North and West. He had many children, Seven sons founded early nations, the names of only two are known here. The youngest Thrax fathered the Thrakians, but from Ion came the Ionians. The chief sons of Ion where Hellen, Tharsis, Seischton and Dodona. The sons of Hellen where Aeolos, Xuthos, and Doros. Achaeos was the son of Xuthos. Graekos, Makedon and Magnes where the sons of Sisters of Hellen, and from the seed of Hellen came the Hellenes

Most of the descendents of Iapetos had settled in high mountain regions and distant frozen lands in the earliest centuries after the Deluge. The descendents of Seischton have been a prominent exception, populating many islands of The Great Sea and becoming great navigators and seafarers. There was a man of the seed of Seischton named Atlas, who with his family lead a colony into the far West and settled on a distant large island and called it Atlantis after him. And the descendents of his colony are the Atlantians, and they founded the Kingdom of Atlantia, one of the few now left that still knows Kinei ou Kinoumenon. Their great capitol is called Atlantiopolis.

They are the only descendents Iapetos on the Island. Most of their neighbor tribes are Pelasgians, but a few are of other origins. Many of them are Matriarchal in nature, like the Gorgons of Gorgos and Amazons of Anesidora. The Gargarians are a male tribe that is mates occasionally with The Amazons. All of them worship various false Dion.
 
Today Atlantis has become very decadent and many are falling away, and Dios Hypsistos is growing angry with them. If the Atlantians do not soon repent the Wrath of The Monad will be upon them.
♠ ♠ ♠
See the Appendix to further clarify the Key words and terms.