Righting Wrongs

Cheater

"I love you Rachel Berry." Noah looked down at me.

"I love you too Noah." I smiled then kissed him.

"Alright guys, break it up!" Mr. Schue joked as he entered class. Noah and I separated and took our seats.

"Finally." Finn mumbled. Noah turned around in his seat.

"Dude, really? Get over her already!"

Finn and I had broken up last year. He was still hurt that I only waited two months before I started to date Noah, his best friend.

"Oh, I'm over her." Finn said and draped his arm around Quinn's shoulders. Noah faced the front and I rested my head on his shoulder.

We sat quietly and watched the others perform their songs. We clapped they were done and gave praise but the others didn't have anything on us.

"Alright, Puckleberry, you're up." I chuckled at the nickname the kids at school had given us. We stand up and Noah starts playing the guitar.

Picture perfect memories
Scattered all around the floor.
Reachin' for the phone cause I can't fight it anymore.


We sing our song, never looking at anyone else but each other. The song ends and everyone is completely silent.

"Wow. That was amazing guys! How would you feel about singing the duet at Regionals?" Mr/ Schue asks us.

"Yeah! Of course!" I smile at Noah then hug him. He squeezed me tight.

"What? Mr. Schue, Rachel and I always do the duet. That's how we win." Finn protests.

Noah sighs and I can feel him tense a little with frustration. We both look over at Finn.

"Finn, it's fine. They were good." Quinn tells him. The annoyance, clear on her face.

"You're gonna get us last place Mr. Schue!" He stands up and raises his voice.

"Why does this matter to you so much? I'm your girlfriend Finn! This is your baby! You should want to sing with me!" Quinn explodes too. Finn is taken back a moment then looks at Quinn.

"Quinn, this isn't about couples. It's about winning and we won't if she sings with him."

"Finn, I'm really starting to get tired of you getting jealous every time Rachel and I do anything together." Noah tells him, letting me go, walking up to Finn.

Finn squares of with him.

"Guys." Mr. Schue warns.

"Stop." I yell. Everyone looks over at me.

"I'm gonna make this really easy for you Finn. I won't sing with you anymore. I'll refuse every time. So either deal it that or prepare for disappointment." I tell him. I can see Finn struggling with this and it makes my heart ache a little but then he just gets mad.

"This is ridiculous Rachel! You break up with me because I kissed Quinn but it's all good when Puck actually sleeps with someone else? I really don't understand you!" He yells at me. I'm shocked, and taken back.

I slowly look over at Noah. He's starring straight at Finn, anger filling his eyes. I can feel the tears start to fill my eyes.

"Noah?" I say his name. He doesn't look at me.

"Noah! Is it true?" I ask him and this time he looks at me with tears in his eyes too.

I feel my face crumple and the tears spill out. I turn and run out of the room.

"Rachel!" I hear Noah's voice call but I don't stop running.