Kiss Me Again

1

The alarm clock buzzed as I groaned, hitting it with my hand, and only making the beeping louder.

"Fuck." I said, putting a pillow over my face. I slowly sat up, taking in what looked back at me in the mirror. Same chocolate brown waves, almond green eyes, plump pink lips, and naturally tan skin. Sometimes I got bored looking at myself. But other people never did.

"Gianna!" I heard from downstairs. I sighed, standing up and walking to the stairs.

"What?" I asked as I heard shuffling downstairs from my baby sister Lita. She ran up to the bottom of the stairs, sitting down and looking up at me.

"Josh Hutchason will be at dee movie theatre today. I saw it on the TV and if we win, you get to meet him and spend the day with him." Lita said, looking up at me again.

"What?"I asked, my eyes being blinded by the light of the window, and by the wonderful thing my little sister just said to me. I was 18 and Josh was 19. We knew each other when we were little, best friends. We used to hangout every single day and have play dates with each other, but then he got into Zathura and everything was different. I no longer had my best friend, and I was by myself with Lita and my mom, who was an alcoholic and never was home longer than 10 minutes to change out of work clothes and into her stripper clothes. I sighed again, looking down at my innocent sister who thought she was going to actually reunite me with Josh Hutcherson, my former best friend.

"Yeah!" she said, stomping her feet. I walked down the steps slowly.

"Listen, kid. We'll try. But we're going to walk there. If he doesn't remember me, well then, we don't meet him again, okay?" I said, ruffling her blonde hair and her blue eyes shut tight.

"Okay. Well get ready." she smiled at me. I laughed as I ran upstairs. I showered quickly and blow dried my hair, letting it spiral into perfect curls. I put on a short crop top with my jean shorts and walked down the stairs.

"I'm ready, Ms. Bossy." I said, as she pulled my hand and walked me to the street where we would walk to the movie theatre down the block.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Union, Kentucky isn't the biggest city in the world, so we could walk to everything. I finally spotted the long line of girls screaming Josh's name. I walked over there and pushed everyone out of the way. Lita's grip getting tighter and tighter until we got to the absolute front of the line. Josh was smiling with girls for photos, but stopped when he saw me.

"Gianna Giordano?" he said, walking over to me.

"Yep. That's me." I smiled. He actually remembered me. He wanted to remember me.

He ran a hand across my cheek, as teen girls shot me the dirtiest looks.

"I can't even remember what you used to look like." he said, tapping my nose. I smiled.

"Let's go out sometime." I smiled, giving him a slip of paper, with my number on it.

"I remember your number, Gia." he smiled, kissing my cheek. I blushed a dark shade of red, walking back to the house.