Roomies

'In life God doesn't give you the people you want, instead he gives you the people you need. To teach you, to hurt you, to love you, and to make you exactly who you should be.'
 ~Anonymous


Edith Olszewski learns this the hard way when her life is turned upside down when she returns home from visiting her sick mother to find her fiancé cheating on her with her best friend. Determined to get away from everything that reminds of the people that hurt her, she packs up everything she owns and flew out to L.A. In search of an apartment, she stumbles upon an add a news paper. Immediately, she takes a chances and calls the number listed in the add. Upon meeting the man who was seeking a room mate she learns that he's a hockey player... 

Great, what could go wrong?

Mike Richards , former captain of the Philadelphia Flyers, who is currently finding his place among the L.A. Kings has grown tired of coming home to an empty apartment, well besides his loyal Labrador, Arnold. So he writes an anonymous article requesting for a room mate and sends it to the news paper. Few people have responded, but he feels that many of them would only take advantage of his occupation until he receives a call from a girl, who doesn't even recognize his name. Taking a chance, he requests that they meet up in order to see if things will work out. Eventually, they both agree on an arrangement, not knowing what kind of impact they will have on each other's lives.

(Yes, this was inspired by New Girl. I thought it would be interesting to apply the idea a hockey player. But trust me nothing else is similar other that the circumstances. Also if you use any part of my story without my go ahead then I will hunt you down.)