Status: It's done

You Tried to Kill Me With Your Shotgun

It's Not Easy Making a Name for Yourself

When school ended, Me and Will walked home together, it was an awkwardly silent walk. I was pushing everything out of my mind that had to do with Stephanie. I just wanted to play my song.
"Hey, Will. Can you call up the guys, so we can have band practice? We haven't had in a while so.."
He looked at me,"Okay, about that...you're kinda late with news. You've been with TONY," he said imitating my voice.
"Okay, like what?" I asked smiling but confused.
"Ted, he's in a bit of a pickle with his girlfriend. She's kind of...pregnant and I don't think he'll touch a guitar until they've had their baby...or ever. Edgar joined the soccer team, because, like you said, we haven't had band practice in forever. Luke...ya know I think Luke is our only guy who didn't quit on us."
"Wow. Just wow. Okay, I'll call up Luke. It's okay, this song seemed like and acoustic song anyway," I pulled out my phone and started dialing Luke's number,"But it does kinda suck though. We'll have to look for a new guitar player and drummer."

"Heeellllloooo!" sang Luke into the phone.
I laughed,"Hey Luke, ya know I was thinking that we should have band practice today. I wrote this new song and I wanted to practice so pleeeassse," I told him.
"Oh, I'm sorry honey. Well, not a lot because since Winter break starts next Monday, I'm actually going out of town today to visit my Grandma in Savannah."
"What! But Luke it's like Thursday!"
"Do you know how long it takes to get from here to Savannah?"
"Are you driving?"
"No, we're taking a plane. But that's beside the point. I'm sorry sweetie."
"No, it's my fault for taking so long. I hope you have fun over your grandma's. I'll miss you, sweet cakes."
"I'll miss you too, and tell Vic I'll miss him too. Bye bye."
I hung up the phone and chuckled to myself then immediately stopped.
"Well, that's a no-show for our bass player. Luke's going out of town to visit his Grandma for the break."
Will just nodded his head,"I'll help you with it sis, you said it sounded like an acoustic song."
"Thank you," I side hugged him. Just then my phone rang. I looked and it was Tony.

"Heellllooo Tone Tone!" I sang.
"Hey, babe. Are you okay?" he answered
"Yeah, I'm okay. Me and Will still walking home," I replied.
"Are you still having practice today?"
"Noooope, nope nope. Our band is....in dispose at the moment and by 'moment' I mean forever except Luke."
"I'm sorry, babe. Luke's still playing though, right?"
"Noo, he's going to Savannah to visit his grandma."
"Oh, sorry babe."
"It's okay, love. It's my fault for taking so long to practice."
"Well, you can call me if you want to come over. I'll ask Vic if you can practice with us if you want."
Me and Will walked in our driveway and Will made to open the door.
"Tony, thanks a lot. You're so sweet but Will said he was going to help me with the song, though."
"Aww, Will's a good brother," he laughed.
"Yeah," I put my around him as we walked in,"He's alright."
I put Tony on speaker,"Tony, you're on speaker, tell William how much you love him!"
"WILL I LOVE YOU MAN!"
"I LOVE YOU TOO, TONE BONE!" Will exclaimed.
"Well, Dan, I have to go. We're about to start. Love you."
"Love you,too." and I hung up.

I put my phone back in my pocket and made for the kitchen. I seldom enjoyed being in the kitchen. Every visit to the kitchen usually lead to a date with my razor; but since I didn't eat lunch at school, went to the kitchen pretty often. I let out a sigh and looked inside the pantry. I picked out my usual snack when I came home Nutella sandwich. I only had one and a half with a bottle of water and that's lunch for me. For Will, he was the total opposite. He ate everything, he never got fat. He stayed the same and I envied that about him.

"So,sis," he said with his mouthful of Doritos," where's this song of yours?"
I pulled in out my pocket and gave it to him,"Please, don't laugh at me or read it out loud. It sounds so dumb."
He swallowed the chips and read the lyrics. After a few seconds he gave it back to me.
"It's really good. Is it about.." I put my hands over my ears,"TONY!" he yelled.
I felt my face get hot.
"Come on, you should've seen that coming."
I nodded my head,"I made it after we kissed."
"Okay, that doesn't help. You guys kiss a lot."
"Haha, after our first kiss. You know the one you saw."
"Ohhh. Right. Did you show it to him?" I nodded,"Does he know it's about him?"
"Um..well I guess, I mean. I didn't say it was, but he's a smart kid."
"Mmhhmmm."
"I wanted to sing it to him, but I never got around to it."
"DANNIEL!!!" he yelled grabbing my shoulders.
"WHAT!"
"I have an idea!!! I great idea!"
"Okay, but why are you yelling?!?!"
"Come on, we have to practice," Will said pulling me out my chair and up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh...