Warped Tour Romantics

John.

Warped tour! I was so, so excited. It was exciting for my band too, we were finally on Warped again. Tonight we don't play but we have the Warped Tour dinner, a massive barque with all the bands. It was always fun to have a few too many beers and meet new people.
"Yo John, what time is the barbecue starting?" Pat asked.
"In about 10 minutes." Garrett answered, running through the bus and out the door, that kid was almost as crazy as Patrick. I'd finished getting ready, wondering what this summer would have in-store for me. At least I knew I could get some every night if I wanted.

I headed over to the field with Pat and Jared, talking about how excited we were for Warped.
"We each have to meet a new band tonight, ok?" Jared tells us and we all agree. One of the best parts of Warped is making new friends. So, we spent the first hour or so talking to old friends and having a good laugh. I turn around and see a band, deciding they are worthy of my time so I walk up to them and smile.
"Hi, i'm John O'Callaghan, from the Maine."
"Hey man, I'm Gabe and we're Sleeping With Sirens." Gabe shakes my hand. Jesse, Jack and Justin all introduce themselves to me, exchanging hand shakes.

"And i'm Kellin." I stop and look at the boy, I can't help but think that he's a rather good looking guy. I don't really call myself gay, its just sometimes guys are more attractive than girls. I shake his hand, holding onto it a little longer than necessary. We all hang out and talk for a bit, these dudes are awesome, Kellin is so funny.
"I'm gonna go have a smoke, anyone wanna come?" I ask.
"I will." Kellin volunteers, making me smile a little.
Kellin and I sit on the ground talking about nothing in particular.
"So Kellin, tell me about yourself."
"Well, i'm 26, I sing in Sleeping with Sirens. I was in a long term relationship up until 6 months ago but we slept together a few months ago and then she turned up on my door yesterday and told me in approximately 6 months i'm going to be a dad. Oh and also, just after we broke up I came out to the world as gay, so you can see how much of a screw up sleeping with her was." My eyes go wide, I didn't expect Kellin to give me that much information but I can't help but feel sorry for him. "Sorry John, I don't know why I unloaded all that on you."
"It's ok, sometimes its easier to tell a perfect stranger all your problems." I reassure him, making him smile.
"I sing in my band too." I smile, changing the subject. "I smoke too much and sometimes drink too much. I haven't been in a serious relationship in a really, really long time. Girls throw themselves at me daily and I'm ok with that." I inform Kellin, cigarette hanging out my mouth.
"Well, it's nice to meet you, John." Kellin says.
"Likewise." Kellin and I sit in silence for a while, me offering the boy a cigarette but Kellin declines and I make a mental note that Kellin doesn't smoke.

"Well John, it was a pleasure but i'm going to head off now." Kellin says, standing up and dusting himself off.
"The pleasure was all mine." I smile and I keep smiling as Kellin walks back to his band.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy.