Warped Tour Romantics

Kellin.

I was kind of sad, knowing that John and I wouldn't get to have a "date" today since they were off before our set had even started and we were both busy with interviews before then. John made me happy, it was as simply as that. It didn't matter how little time we'd known each other, every time we saw each other he made me feel like I had something to keep going for. I didn't share this feeling with John, he did not need to be aware of how emotionally invested I was already, we hadn't even talked about making whatever it was that we had official yet, or putting a label on it. It made me kind of nervous but I was just going to be happy for now, I spent so much time worrying about everything else I wanted to at least enjoy this while it lasted, even if that meant being a little heartbroken if John decided never to speak to me again after Warped.

I shook this thought away just as my phone began to ring. We'd headed off a few hours ago so I was in my bunk, too exhausted to drink with the others in the lounge.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Kel." John said and I instantly smiled.
"How's it going?"
"Great but I have a question, do you have a Netflix account?"
"Yeah, of course, did you want to borrow my account details?"
"Oh no, I was thinking…" He trailed off, humming to himself for a moment and I could hear him typing something on his laptop. "We could have a Netflix date and we stay on the phone while we watch a movie."
"That sounds perfect." I said, my smile ever wider despite the fact he couldn't see me, my stomach becoming a cage full of hyper butterflies.
"So, I may've snuck onto your bus earlier and left a packet of microwave popcorn in the kitchen."
"John…" I said, trailing off because I wasn't sure what I wanted to say really. I loved that even something simple like this he had planned out. "I love this." I eventually said, hearing him laugh lightly.
"Did you have an idea of which movie?" I asked as I climbed out of my bunk in just my briefs and walking into the lounge and tiny kitchen where the rest of my band and our crew were making a heck of a lot of noise.
"Well, there's this movie called Gentlemen Broncos that I keep meaning to watch." He tells me as I riffle through the cupboard, trying to find the microwave popcorn John had put somewhere.
"Ok, whatever you want to watch i'm happy with." I tell him, ignoring the others who were asking me annoying questions as I talked and just generally being a pain in the ass. I finally find the popcorn, making an audible 'aw' at the note attached that read 'for kellin, sorry it's not a real date, john x'
"John, you are so sweet." I say as I stick the note to the fridge and put the packet in the microwave.
"Only for you." He jokes and I can hear him making his own popcorn in the background. "How was your set today?"
"It was great, such a good crowd. Justin went crowd surfing, much to the disgust of the security, i'm sure." Justin made loud noises at me at the mention of his name and I rolled my eyes, telling him to shut up.
Once my popcorn was ready I went back to my bunk, crawling into my blankets and finding the movie John had wanted to see on Netflix.
"We have to start it at the same time, ok?" He says.
"Ok. Wait, can we go on FaceTime?"
"Aww, you miss my face?"
"Shut up." I say jokingly but he changes our conversation to FaceTime before I can protest and he's smiling widely at me and just that big, goofy grin makes me blush a little. I lean my phone against my laptop screen in the corner so I can see John and the movie at the same time.
"Do you sleep naked?" He asks, obviously noticing i'm shirtless.
"No!"
"I don't believe you." He says and I know exactly what he's getting at.
"I am not showing you my crotch as proof."
"Aw, you know you'd love to show me."
"I'm gonna start the movie without you if you don't shut up." He laughs, poking his tongue out at me.
"Ok, ready?" I nod. "Start the movie… NOW!" He yells, way too loudly and I cringe a little but press play anyway. We spend the rest of the night watching the movie and talking and I can tell John is close to falling asleep but he keeps talking to keep himself awake and it's kind of sweet, that he's staying awake just to do this with me.
"That was the weirdest fucking movie." John says with a loud yawn. "It was awesome."
"This was nice, John, thanks."
"It was nice, huh? I kind of don't want to stop talking to you, talking to you makes me really happy." He tells me, rubbing his eyes with his fist and i'm not sure whether it's the tiredness talking or not but it makes me beam nonetheless.
"You should sleep, you're exhausted."
"Yeah, I know and I shouldn't keep you up anyway. I'll see you when we arrive, ok?"
"Night, John."
"Night, sweetheart." He says and I feel that all too familiar blush again as we hang up. I never thought I was someone who blushed a lot but I guess that had changed since I met John, but then again, a lot of things had changed since I met John O'Callaghan.