Warped Tour Romantics

John.

I sit in my bunk watching a movie, we arrived at the venue about an hour ago. My mind wanders to a place it's been going over the last few weeks, Kellin. Today marks three weeks since we went out on our first date, I feel cheesy and dumb for even knowing its been three weeks. We've hung out pretty much every day and on the days our schedules didn’t work out we would Facetime. I hadn’t really felt like this about anyone in a long time, if ever at all, but I wasn’t about to admit that to anyone else. I loved being on Warped, playing pretty much every day and hanging out with my friends but lately the most exciting thing about my day is the hour or two I spend hanging out with Kellin, he is definitely something I didn’t see coming my way but he has been a very nice surprise.

I can hear Garrett whining that he's bored and that there is nothing to do. Kellin text me to say he was here and that he was having some lazy ’band time’ and would see me in a couple of hours. I turn the movie off, get out of my bunk and change into black jeans, a white shirt and a denim vest. I walk into the front lounge and make some breakfast and a coffee. Garrett immediately starts being annoying me, as he does best.
“John, Jooohn, entertain me.” He complains and I smile widely, an idea coming to my mind. I had already decided that today was going to be the day and I think I’ve come up with the perfect idea, it also might keep Garrett entertained for 10 minutes.

I finish eating and grab a pen and paper and write a note, fold it in half and write Kellin’s name on the front.
“Garrett, go find Kellin, he‘s on his bus, go give this to him. Don‘t read it, if you do I will stab you, I promise.” I tell him, holding out the paper for him to take.
“I‘m not your bitch, do your own dirty work.” He says and I roll my eyes at him. “You keep complaining you're bored, I‘m giving you something to do. Please just go give this to Kellin.” Garrett huffs and takes the paper and walks off of the bus.
I sit back on the couch and sigh, all of a sudden I’m all nervous and worried, this no longer seems like a good idea. I’d like to hide from the world now, instead I flick the TV on and wait for Garrett to get back.
After what seems like an hour, but is probably only 10 minutes, Kellin comes running into the bus, paper in hand dressed in gray track pants, an oversized t-shirt and no shoes, I think its safe to say he was still wearing his pyjamas. Kellin jumps on me, sitting in my lap, knees either side of me, his arms around my neck.
“Do you really mean it?” He asks as my hands hold onto his waist. I smile, nodding.
“Yes, of course I do. I wouldn‘t have asked if I didn‘t.” Kellin grins and presses his lips to mine, taking me by surprise. This is the first time we've kissed. I kiss back for a moment and then he pulls back.
“Yes of course, of course I‘ll be your boyfriend.” He says making me smile even wider. I kiss him again.
“Yay boyfriends!” Pat yells, jumping up and down and clapping. I laugh.
“Yes, great observation weirdo, Kellin‘s my boyfriend now.” I say as Kellin moves off my lap and sits next to me, linking our fingers. Garrett walks back onto the bus with food in his hand.
“So what did the note say then?” He asks as he takes a bite of his food. I roll my eyes at him.
“You are so classy Garrett. Kellin is my boyfriend now.”
“Did you send me to ask Kellin to be your boyfriend?" He asks.
“Yes, I thought it was romantic and sweet.” I tell him.
“It was, it was cute and unexpected.” Kellin says and Garrett rolls his eyes.
“No bus sex”. He says as he walks through to the back lounge. Kellin giggles beside me, I lean down and kiss him.
“I‘m going to find some new single friends.” Pat says as he gets up and leaves the bus.
“Oh, by the way, I‘m not sure if I told you, but you look hot in your outfit today.” I laugh. Kellin groans and goes red.
“Shut up, I was excited. I didn‘t even think about what I was wearing, I just wanted to see you.” He says, hiding his head in my side. I wrap my arms around him and kiss his hair
“You are so cute.” I tell him. "Hey Kellin?”
“Hmm?”
“Lets Facetime with my mom.” I say and he shakes his head
“No. I look like crap." He says.
“No you don‘t and its just my mom, she won't care what you look like.” I tell him.
“At least let me shower and stuff first.”
“Fine, let's go do that now so we can call my Mom before we get too busy.” I say, standing up and pulling him with me.
“Fine, we should probably go tell my band we are officially together now anyways.” he says and we walk off the bus, I take a few steps off the bus before I hear Kellin yell my name. I turn around and he's standing there pouting.
“What?” I ask.
“I have no shoes, I only have a boyfriend who I‘m sure is the best at giving piggy back rides.” He says, making me laugh and walk back to Kellin and turn from him so he can jump on my back. He wraps his arms around my neck.
"You gotta tell me where to go, babe, I don’t know where you bus is parked today.” I tell him.
"Left” he yells, “right” he continues. “Ok, go straight here and we are second from the end on the left.”
“Ok, babe."
“J, you're so comfy, I gotta get piggy back rides from you more often.” He says.
“K, I‘m your boyfriend, I‘m not your slave.” I tell him.
“Boyfriend, slave, same difference” He says as I step onto his bus and let go of him.
“John.” He cries.
“I‘m not your slave.” I narrow my eyes at him.
“Fine, you‘re not my slave.” He says. I smile and help him up off of the floor.
“Why did you run out of here like a mad person this morning?” Jesse asks.
“John asked me to be his boyfriend. He's my boyfriend now.” Kellin grins.
“Finally” Justin mutters along with the rest of the bands 'awes' and 'congratulations'.
“Thanks guys.” We says.
“K bay bay, go get your stuff and then you can go shower.” I say, sitting next to Gabe on the couch, Kellin gives me a look and goes and gets his stuff. I guess he doesn’t like his new nickname. I chat with his band mates until kellin is ready to go.

While he showers I chat to my friends who are coming and going from the showers, when Kellin is done we drop his stuff off back at his bus and then head back to mine. I’m relieved to find it empty, the last thing I need is my band mates giving Kellin and I crap when he is nervous already.

I pull him down on the couch and take out my phone.
“Ready to meet my mom, babe?” I ask him and he shakes his head.
“Nope.”
“Awww, baby” I laugh. “It's just my mom, I already told her a bit about you, she will love you.” I reassure him.
“You‘ve told your mom about me.” he looks at me.
“Well yeah, I told her there was a boy I liked and stuff, nice things of course.” I tell him.
“Well ok, call her.” I dial her number and a few moments later her face fills the screen.
“Hi John boy, how are you?” She asks.
“I‘m good momma, tour is going amazingly, the fans are great. How are things at home?” I ask.
“Good, your father and I are good, home is much the same, Shane got into that college he wanted to, so he‘s happy, and Ross is a terror as normal.”
“That’s good, mom. I should call Shane and Ross, maybe Shane can come hang out on a few of the Arizona dates.” I tell her and she gives me one of those infamous mom looks.
“John, you are not leading my boy astray,” She says, making me laugh.
“Shane is more than capable of leading himself astray, mom.” She rolls her eyes.
“Anyway son, have you spent anymore time with that boy you would not shut up about?” He asks, making me blush a bit.
“That’s why I was calling actually, Kellin‘s my boyfriend now.” I can’t help but smile.
“You asked him out?” She questions.
“Yes, mom. Only about an hour ago.”
“Well, when am I going to meet him?”
“Well, he's sitting next to me now, do you wanna meet him?” I ask and she smiles widely,
“I would love to.” She says and I turn my phone so Kellin’s face fills the screen.
“Momma, meet Kellin, Kellin meet Mrs O’Callaghan.” I say.
“Don‘t be silly, you can call me Jenny, its nice to meet you Kellin.”
“Its nice to meet you too Jenny.”
“He's pretty John” she looks at me. “Is pretty part of the things he does that amaze you?” She asks, making Kellin laugh hysterically and I groan.
“He is pretty good looking.” I say, kissing Kellin’s cheek and mom 'awes' at us.
“Kellin.” Mom gets his attention again. “John tells me you are expecting a little one at the start of winter?”
“Yes Ma'am.” Kellin says, shying away a little.
“Are you excited?” She asks.
“Excited, nervous, worried.” He tells her.
“Well I‘m sure you will be a great dad.” She says, him making him smile.
“It's completely normal to be nervous and worried, John‘s father wouldn’t hold him for a week, he thought he would break him, he just sat and watched him sleep.” I love her for being so nice to Kellin, but my mom is a good lady and I didn’t expect any less from her.
“Are you sure he wasn‘t marvelling at the fact he had helped produce the worlds ugliest baby?” Kellin says making my mom laugh. I narrow my eyes at him.
“My baby is hansom, thank you very much.” she says. “But really Kellin, if you need anything or have any questions about the baby, feel free to call and ask.” Kellin smiles.
“Thank you so much Jenny, that means a lot.” He tells her.
“Well, I‘ll let you boys go now, it was nice to meet you, Kellin. John, call me in a few days, ok? It's so good to see you so happy son, bring Kellin to visit when you can please.” She says.
“Ok I will momma, I love you, I‘ll call in a few days.” I tell her, Kellin saying 'bye' and we hang up.
“She’s great, I like her.” Kellin says, wrapping his arms around me.
“She's great, I love her, I‘m lucky to have her.” We cuddle for a bit before Pat walks onto the bus.
“Lover boys, John has a signing in 20 minutes, you are going to have to break up your boyfriend lovefest.” He tells us.
“Only you could make telling me we have a signing annoying.” I tell him and he just flips me off but we follow him off of the bus anyway.
“Bye, boyfriend.” I give Kellin a quick kiss.
“I‘ll see you at your set, boyfriend.” Kellin says, giving me a hug and then walking towards his own bus. I fall in step with Pat and pull out my phone and text my Mom.
‘Thank you mom. Thank you for being so lovely to him. I love you’ I send to her.

‘It’s OK John, I really like him, bring him home to visit when you can, and don’t screw this one up, I like how happy he makes you’ she replies.
‘I’ll try my best not to, I really like him too thanks Momma xx’ I send back, putting my phone in my pocket as we reach our tent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for your comments everyone :)