Warped Tour Romantics

Kellin.

I had spent most of the day on the bus wallowing in my own self-hatred. I know I shouldn't have, this was the beginning of Warped, and the beginning of an undoubtably amazing summer but all I could think about was how much of a terrible person I was for leaving Katelynne alone. What was I supposed to do though? Katelynne and I had broken up a long time ago and we'd been booked for Warped Tour for months before she told me we had a baby on the way. What a stupid mistake i'd made. Of course, a part of me was extremely excited by the fact that I was going to become a father. I’d always been excited by the prospect of one day having children and whether or not it was with Katelynne or not wasn’t going to change that fact. Our baby girl was going to be beyond perfect. I hadn’t told the fans yet, I’d barely had the courage to tell the guys, they basically had to drag the information out of me. I don’t know what part shocked them more, the fact I was going to be a father or the fact I’d slept with Katelynne after coming out.

Justin had finally come to pull me out of my bunk later that night, telling me either I had to eat and be sociable or I would suffer the consequences. If it had come from anyone else I would have just rolled over and ignored him but this was Justin, he does some crazy shit sometimes. Begrudgingly I had complied with him and eventually I was having a good time, getting to see all of the friends I never got to see and it was nice to not think about Katelynne for awhile, I’d been thinking about that horrible woman all too much lately. I didn’t realize I could spend so much time worrying for someone that now meant so little to me.

I met a lot of new people, mostly people whom the other guys had introduced me to but there were definitely people who I knew I’d be spending a lot of time with over this summer. There was one person in particular though, John O’Callaghan. I don’t know what it was about him, he’s so obviously a ladies man and yet I couldn’t help but find myself falling into a childish crush over this tall, lanky boy I’d only just met. I groaned internally at my own thoughts, if there was one thing I did not need this summer it was to fall for this stupid, charming boy. Somehow though, even as I was thinking this I found myself grabbing my laptop, Googling his band and letting his voice fill my ears.

I must’ve fallen asleep listening to the Maine because I was woken up when Justin pulled the curtain of my bunk back, yanking my headphones out.
“What are you listening to?” He asked, his breath still reeking of alcohol
“Just music.” I muttered, rubbing at my eyes as they tried to adjust to the bright light. Justin looked over at my laptop and let out a loud laugh.
“I knew you were into him.” He said when he saw that I had been listening to the Maine and I slapped his arm.
“Shut up, I was just checking their music out, that’s all.”
“Whatever you say man. We’ve all got bets on how long it’ll take before you two get together.” I rolled my eyes at him.
“Whatever, we are not getting together. Now leave me alone, why did you even wake me up in the first place, you asshole?”
“Oh yeah, right.” He said, like he’d completely forgotten until I brought it up and really, he probably had. “Gabe told me to tell you, because he’s a lazy ass, that you’ve got an interview in an hour and you need to move your ass, his words not mine.” I groaned, nodding and he walked off without another word, leaving me to fall back onto my pillow. I could not be bothered with an interview right now but I knew that I should be enthusiastic about the first day of Warped so I finally pulled myself out of my bunk, dropping down onto the ground and having a quick shower in the too cramped bathroom. Oh, the joys of tour life.
“Hurry up!” Jack yelled at me just as I was about to turn the shower off, so I stayed in a few minutes longer just to be cheeky.

Jesse and I made our way through the maze of buses to our interview, saying hi to a few familiar faces as we passed, the bus area was already buzzing with life and I could only imagine the huge line that was outside the gates right now. As we walked through all the half set up tents my excitement finally started to rise and I was genuinely excited to for the day to come, to play and meet the fans and hang out my friends.
“Hey!” A voice cut Jesse off mid sentence and I turned my head to see John walking our way, a wide grin appearing on his face as I smiled at him.
“Hey, John.” I said, stopping in my tracks.
“It looks like you’re headed somewhere I just wanted to catch you and let you know we’re playing at 5:20 today.” He said, winking at me before he turned on his heel, yelling a ‘bye’ over his shoulder as he left.
“What was that?” I questioned, turning to Jesse, my eyebrows knitted together.
“I think that was him hitting on you.” I groaned at Jesse, rolling my eyes.
“You guys are a pain in the ass already.”
“I’m just telling the truth. Are you gonna go?” I shrugged though I already knew I would.
“Maybe, I was checking their music out last night and it’s pretty good, his voice is fantastic.” Jesse said nothing, just raised his eyebrows and I couldn’t stop my cheeks turning a bright pink, damn it.