Warped Tour Romantics

John.

We are currently driving from somewhere to somewhere else, you get a few weeks into Warped and you never know where you are any more.
"Hey John." Pat sits down next to me.
"Yes?" I respond to him, without taking my eyes off the computer screen.
"What's going on with you and Kellin?" I panic internally for a second, no one has bothered to ask me but over the last few weeks my attraction to Kellin has grown into a full-blown crush.
"I don't know what your talking about Pat, we’re just friends."
"Bullshit, all you seem to do is want to hang out with him. Do you have a crush on him John?" Pat antagonises me.
"Nope.”
"I don't believe you, your face went all panicky when I asked you, you totally do."
I close my Macbook, leaning back with a sigh.
"Go away Pat.”
"So its true?" This kid is a fucktard sometimes.
"What part of go away don't you understand?"
"Do you have a crush on Kellin?" He asks again.
"Shut the fuck up, Pat."
"Do you have a crush on Kellin?"
"Fucking hell Pat." I stand up. "Yes, I fucking have a crush on him, ok?" I storm off to my bunk. I can hear Pat yelling ‘I told you guys so’, ‘I told you he liked him’ and ‘awww they will be so cute together’ to the others.
I sigh and punch the wall, making my hand ache a bit, regretting the decision immediately. Kellin and I will never be together because I'm just his friend and his life is too complicated for me.

I must have dozed off because I wake up with a start and it takes me a minute to become aware of my surroundings and where I am. I’m in a bad mood and I now had a headache and falling asleep didn’t help that. I groan, pulling myself out of my bunk and going to get a drink and some Advil. Once I’ve chucked back the pills I fall onto the couch and open my Macbook again and Garrett comes and sits next to me.
"Ask Kellin out on a date." He bugs me.
"Piss off."
"Do it."
"No Garrett, I might like him as more than a friend but I'd rather have him as a friend than nothing. I'm not going to do something that could cause me to lose him."
"Wow, you really do like him." Kenny chimes in.
"How could you not?" I respond.
"John, you can shave my head if he rejects you. Trust us when we say he wont." Pat tells me. Pat really, really likes his hair.
"Nope." I still say.
"John do it or you will regret it forever." Jared pipes up. I take my phone out of my pocket and play with it.
"Can I borrow your phone?" Garrett asks.
"Fuck off, I'm not that dumb, you're just going to text Kellin." Garrett just pokes his tongue out at me. I take a deep breath, open my messages and type, "will you go on a date with me tonight?" and pressed send before my brain could process it.
"Fuck."
"Did you ask him?" Pat asks.
"Yes, and now I'm going to die while I get rejected."
"Whatever, just you watch."
"Whatever,” I say back at him. “I'm going back to my bunk to die." I say getting up and walking off, my head is still pounding and I’m worried now, what if he says no? What if I have read the whole situation wrong and Kellin hasn’t been flirting with me and I make an idiot out of myself?

I put my headphones on and try to drown out my thoughts; I must have dozed off again because I’m woken up by the sound of my phone. I pick up the call without checking who it is because I’m still a little sleepy.
“Hello?”
“Hi-i.” I recognise Kellin’s voice instantly, he sounds so nervous and it makes me instantly wake up fully.
“Kellin!”
“Hi.” he says, sounding shy and cute. “I just wanted to call–” I can’t hear him very well, his voice is cracking, it probably has something to do with the fact I’m tucked away in my bunk.
“Wait a sec’ Kel, the reception is messed here, I can't hear you.” I remove myself from my bunk and head towards the front of the bus.
“Is that Kellin on the phone?” Garrett asks instantly and I tell him to shut up.
“Hi.” I say, finally in a place with good reception.
“Hi.” he says back, I can tell hes’ feeling a little more relaxed now, I really hope he is not about to reject me. “I–um– I got your text.” I hear him let out a shaky breath. “I–I was wondering what the plans for tonight were?” He asks. He knows my plans; my plans are to take him on a date.
“Does that mean you are saying yes?” I ask.
“Yes, I’m saying yes.” A smile breaks out on my face.
“Well,” The rest of my band cheer loudly when they see my smile and realise Kellin said yes. “I was thinking, since we aren’t on the road until tomorrow, we could go and do something in the city.”
“T-that sounds wonderful.” The fact he is nervous makes my heart jump, its adorable and I know that this date is really important to him too.
“I'll come get you at seven. I mean, if that's ok?" I ask him.
”Seven it is.” Kellin says and I start to say goodbye when he cuts me off.
“Are you still coming to our set in a bit?” He interrupts me.
“Of course I wouldn’t miss it.” I respond and I can almost hear him smile.
“Ok.”
“I’ll see you in a bit then, bye Kellin.“
“Bye, John.” I hang up with a huge smile on my face. I’m so happy that I let the guys talk me into something stupid, because this time it paid off, tonight I’m going on a date with Kellin, I’m so happy he said yes to me. I know Kellin has the ability to make me really happy, I just hope I don’t mess it up.