Warped Tour Romantics

John.

Laying in my bunk I let my mind wander back to last night, the date with Kellin when swimmingly. It could possibly be the best first date I’ve ever been on, but I think that has more to do with the company than anything else. We ate and talked and then walked around Chicago city. I love this city so much, and it had something extra beautiful to offer me last night. Kellin had gotten all dressed up, a shirt and tie, he looked so good. I felt bad for being in t-shirt and jeans, but it didn’t seem to bother him. Kellin is the sweetest guy, he gave me an out, saying that if the baby is too much I can walk away. I can’t believe he even asked, I knew what I was getting into when I asked him out on a date and while yes, its daunting there is something about Kellin that makes me want to stick around.

I pick up my phone to see a text from Kellin.
“Last night was wonderful.” I smile as I read the text.
“It was, where are you guys?”
“We’re about an hour and a half away. Can I take you on a quick lunch date when we get there?” I grin to myself.
“Of course, I think were about an hour away and have 2 hours time before the singing, so text me when you are here.”
“Ok J, see you soon.”
I get out of my bunk, change into today’s outfits, black jeans a white t-shirt and a denim vest before walking out to the lounge, knowing i’m going to be bombarded by questions from a certain little rat.
“John, John! How was your date?” Pat yells obnoxiously. I decided to ignore him and I walk over to the little kitchen and make myself a coffee.
“Joooohn. How was your date?” He nags again. I finally smile and give in.
“It was nice, really really nice.” I say sitting down next to Pat and the other guys all 'aw' in response.
“Are you guys going out on a date again?” Kenny asks.
“Yep, in about an hour or so.” I respond with a nod.
“Cute.” Garrett says.

The guys and I walk around the venue, working out where and what we have to be and do today, Milwaukee is hot and dry, all I wanna do is hang out in the shade with Kellin.

Kellin called me to say they had arrived and we arranged to meet at catering.
When I see him walking towards me I smile widely and open my arms so he can step into them, I pull him tight and squeeze him, kissing the top of his head. As we turn to face catering, I drop one arm, keeping one around Kellin's waist. We haven’t talked about whether or not we’re going to tell people about us, but I guess that we are just going to be together and just let people work it out.
“How was the drive out here?” I ask.
“Long, good. I kept thinking about this perfect date I went on last night.” He smiles.
“Is there someone you’re not telling me about?” I joke with a laugh and Kellin laughs and looks up at me.
“Seriously John, last night was perfect. Thank you so much.” He leans over and kisses my cheek.
“You’re welcome, Kel, its what you deserve.” I drop my arm from his waist as we make it to the front of the line and Kellin and I pick up our food orders and walked to find a quiet spot to sit and eat.
“How was your night, did you do anything exciting?” I ask him as we eat and he shrugs.
“Not really, watched a movie with the guys, played some video games, wrote a little.” He says.
“What did you write about?” I ask curiously.
“Nothing really, nothing important.” He says but I get the feeling he's keeping something from me.
“You know you can tell me anything, right?” I tell him.
“Yeah, I know I just, I don’t want this to be to much too soon.” He tells me. I had this strange feeling that with Kellin, nothing was too much.
“It's ok, just tell me what’s on your mind. Let's try not keep secrets from each other.” I pull kellin onto my lap and move my legs so that hes sitting between them, one arm sits loosely around his waist, the other hand links with his fingers.
“So tell me what’s going on, K.” He takes a breath.
“Katelynne called last night.”
“And?”
“She went for a scan yesterday, she sent me some photos and videos of it. So, I was just trying to get out what I felt about it all.” He says, leaning back on me, smiling.
“Do you want to show me?” I ask him and he knows I’m talking about the photos and video.
“Do you want to see?” He asks.
“Of course, the baby is a part of you, K. Whatever this thing that we have is, I want to know about the things that are important to you. I want you to feel comfortable talking about the baby." I say and Kellin leans up and pecks my lips quickly.
“Thank you John, that means a lot to me. Katelynne has booked a scan for our Orlando stop over so I can be there, we find out whether it’s a boy or girl then too.” He pulls out his phone as he speaks, opening the video of the scan, explaining what I’m looking at and how big the baby is. He smiles so widely, excitement vivid in his voice. I can’t help but wonder, what have I gotten myself into?