Warped Tour Romantics

John.

Today we had a day off so we, along with Sleeping with Sirens and a few of our other friends were heading out for a day at the beach. We all piled into the vans we had for the day and head out, Kellin sitting next to me, leaning into my side, one arm loosely around my waist. It was a nice feeling, having him close to me.

We arrived at the beach and had a few beers, just joking around and mucking about with everyone and having a nice day with all our friends, Kellin never really leaving my side.
"John," Justin says seriously after awhile. "come get some more drinks with me." I glance at Kellin before nodding, getting up and following him.
"What are your intentions with my lead singer?" Justin asks, smiling despite the hint of seriousness in his voice.
"What do you mean?" I ask with a nervous laugh, making him roll his eyes. His protective 'big brother' act was cute.
"Are you and Kellin just having a summer fling, or what? What are your intentions?" He asks again and I look at him, straight faced.
"I'm going to date the fuck out of him, then i'm going to fuck the fuck out of him and then, when it finally becomes legal, marry the fuck out of him."
"You're moving a bit fast there, John. You've only been 'dating' or whatever it is you're doing for a week." Justin says with wide eyes and I start laughing.
"Relax, Justin, i'm joking." He pulls a face at me.
"Fuck you, John. You're not funny."
"I am, everyone knows it." He sighs.
"John, really, please don't hurt Kellin. He's like a brother to me and Katelynne really fucked him over. Plus, I like you, I don't want to have to kill you." I don't say anything more as we walk into the bottle store, picking up a couple of cases of beer for everyone.
"I'm not going to hurt him, Justin." I tell him as we head back. "Well, i'm going to try my hardest not to, we may have only been friends for a short while but I like Kellin. I'm happy with Kellin, he–he makes me feel happy."
"Well, that's good, because even though we haven't talked about it yet I know he likes you a lot too."
"Good." I say, smiling.
"Are you going to ask him to be your boyfriend? Because he won't ask you, he will be too worried you'll reject him." Justin tells me.
"One, I would not say not to him and two, I might, I might not but Kellin will be the first to know."
We make our way back to our friends. I see that Kellin and Pat are throwing a ball back and forth and it makes me so happy knowing Kellin fits in with my friends so well. I leave him to it and grab a beer, chatting with some other friends for awhile.

"What did Justin want?" Kellin asks as he comes and sits at my side after awhile.
"Nothing important." I say making Kellin laugh.
"Was he doing the protective big brother act?"
"Maybe."
"I'll kill him if you want." He says and I have to laugh as well.
"Babe, it's fine, it's endearing. He's just showing he cares." I tell him, putting an arm loosely around his waist. Kellin just smiles and steals my beer.
"Hey, that's mine!" I yell as I try to grab it off him.
"Nope, mine now. Get your own." I turn my back to him, letting go of him and grabbing a new beer.
"Jooooohn." He whines and I continue to ignore him. "Don't be like that, John." And I continue to ignore him, laughing a little. I hear him stand up and before I know it he sits down right on top of me, making me laugh more, he can be incredibly annoying if he wants to me. So I wrap my arms around his waist, making him look up and smile his cheeky, cute smile at me. I lean my head on his shoulder as we join into the conversation going on around us.

"Babe." I say when there's a lull in the conversation.
"Hmm?" He responds, turning a bit to look at me.
"Wanna go for a walk?"
"Ok." I stand up and pull him up with me.
"We're going for a walk, losers." I tell them.
"We have to leave at six." Garrett tells us and we say a quick 'ok' as we walk off.
"Use protection!" Pat yells after us, so half the beach can hear. Kellin and I both turn around and flip him off and as we begin to walk, I reach down and link our fingers, liking the way it feels to be like this with him. We walk in silence for a bit, until Kellin finally speaks.
"I don't think i'm going to be able to see you tomorrow." My heart drops a bit, seeing Kellin every day has been nice.
"What, why?"
"We have press right up until we go onstage and then we leave straight after our set, you guys don't leave until at least an hour after us." He says and he's obviously looked into it.
"Well, it's only a day and as long as you promise not to go on a date with anyone else then I guess i'll survive." I tease, giving him a smile.
"I dunno, my bus driver is pretty hot."
"Oh, ok then, you go make out with him, i'll go make out with Pat." Kellin snorts out a laugh.
"Making out with Pat would make you a pedophile, who is into girly boys."
"I'll tell him you said that."
"Do it, I could beat him with one punch." He says with a laugh.
"Babe, you can't hit girls."
"Whatever, J. Pat is some kind of weird being, I don't think it counts. I can't help but love that kid though."
"Welcome to my life." I say, a grin still on my face as we continue walking in a nice, comfortable silence.
"John." Kellin yells suddenly, full of excitement.
"Hmm?"
"I bet I can swing higher than you." He says, pointing to the swing set in front of us, taking off running towards it before I can reply. I laugh at the fact he changed into a four-year-old in a matter of seconds and follow him to the swing set, starting to swing.
"Boo, you whore. Your legs are ginormous, i'm never going to swing higher than you." He says, as if only just realising how much taller than him I am.
"Aw, you poor midget." I laugh as he scoffs, trying to act offended. I jump off the swing and walk around so i'm behind him and start pushing him.

I suddenly feel so lucky to be here, with Kellin. he makes me feel safe and happy. I didn't want this to be just a summer thing. The more time I spend with him, the more I want to be able to call him mine. The idea of asking Kellin to be my boyfriend makes me nervous though and I decide tonight is not the night, but maybe soon, but not tonight.
"Babe," I say, pulling the swing to a stop. "We gotta start heading back to the guys."
"But you are cute and I like hanging out with you." He says with a pout as he stands up and I pull him into a hug.
"I like you too, but if we stay here forever then our bands will be singer-less and there will be a ton of disappointed fans at Warped tomorrow." I reason.
"Fiiiiiine." He whines, making me laugh and I take his hand again as we head back to our band mates and friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took me so long! It's here now.
Thank you everyone for your comments!!