Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Seductive Smiles and Skirt Problems

"Oh my god, have you seen the cover of Toxin Magazine!" My friend Trina exclaimed as she basically pounced on me.
"I have now, Trina." I mumbled as I removed the magazine from her hands and my face. I glanced down to see two attractive guys seductively looking back at me. *The two new favorite models for Toxin Mag. They are all anyone scene or goth talk about.* I flipped through the mag as Trina babbled on and on about these two. "You sound like a stalker." I laughed as she told me their height and birthday.
"So! They are two very sexy beasts." She grinned, then turned to walk back to our other friends. I shook my head and followed quietly behind her.
"Trina throw that in your face, Sonya?" My friend Mick asked as he wrapped his arms around Trina.
"You know it. I think you have competition now. Best watch out for these two." I teased and handed the mag back to its rightful owner.
His face fell and he held her tighter to him. Trina giggled and turned around to kiss him gently on his lips. "Aw don't worry, I won't ditch you for them."
"You better not." He pouted, earning him another reassuring kiss.
I giggled to myself and asked, "And if Azrael or Abaddon asked you out on a date, would you turn him down?"
Trina pondered the thought a moment before answering. "I'd probably almost faint, but ultimately tell them that I couldn't since I already have an amazing boyfriend." Trina smiled up at her loveable teddy bear. He smiled back down at her and gave her a peck on her forehead.
"Aw, you two stop being so damn cute!" Luke skipped over and leaned on me. "Good morning my fellow friends! The world says hello, it told me so."
Luke was our crazy hyper friend. You weren't sure if he was on drugs, sugar, or coffee. "Have coffee this morning, Luke?" I asked.
"Pfff, no!... Okay, yes but you can't deny a man his coffee!"
"I'm texting your dad 'No more coffee.'" I whipped out my phone and was about to text his dad when he snatched it from me. "Hey!"
"Oh no you don't, my little Sonya."
"Luke, give it back." I whined
"Come and get it, shorty!"
He started running away towards the school's main building. "LUKE! Get your ass back here!"
"Miss Bronte!" A teacher near-by yelled.
"Sorry, won't happen again." I shouted back as I continued my chase, however it did not last long because the bell rang. "Dammit." I muttered, knowing I won't see my phone until lunch. I shook my head and walked to my locker to get my books for the next two classes.
I sat in my first class and watched the clouds float by. *That one looks like a tortoise. Oh now it's being attacked by koala. Wondering who would win in a fight?*
"Miss Bronte." I glanced up at my teacher. "You are out of school uniform again."
"Not really." I glanced down at my white dress shirt, red tie, and black dress pants. "I got these at the school store."
My teacher sighed in exasperated, "You know what I mean, Sonya. You are not in the girl mandated uniform." We have this conversation a lot.
"I don't understand why I have to wear the skirt just because I have two X chromosomes. I should be able to wear pants as long as they are school appropriate."
"And if a male wanted to wear the school skirt, you think he should be able to?" She thought she was pulling a fast one on me, but really she wasn't.
"Sure, I mean it's the same argument. Just because he has a Y chromosome doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to wear a skirt. Kilts are pretty cool and as long as he's wearing the school skirt I say more power to him. Maybe it would break the social norms that are expected of each sex and change so people have more freedom to be who they are instead of being criticized and bullied for their taste." Everyone was look at me now and a blush crept across my cheeks, but I kept my gaze on the teacher.
She sighed in defeat and said, "I'll let it go today, but tomorrow I want you in a skirt." She turned back to the board to continue whatever she was talking about before. *Score 12 for this girl here, Zip for the teacher.* My smile morphed into a line as I thought how repetitive this fight was. We have had this argument for weeks now and she just won't give up. Maybe wearing a skirt is nothing big, I mean it's just an article of clothing. However, I was never comfortable wearing them. I grew up with a brother, male cousins, and more male friends than the eye can see. Okay not really, but my female friends consist of Trina, Kat, and Lyla. Plus, you can't exactly climb a tree or run after annoying friends when you are wearing a skirt.
The bell rang as I was thinking about a new game coming out. I swiped my things into my backpack and went to my next class. The day went on like normal with nothing overly exciting happening. At lunch Luke was kind enough to give me my phone back, though I had to fish it out of his pocket in order to get it. I lightly whacked his arm before going back to my lunch and joking with my friends. Lunch ended to fast and the rest of the day mulled by as slow as ever. Finally the heaven sent, I mean final bell rang and I pounced on my friends.
"FREEDOM!" I cheered.
"You do realized it is only Tuesday right?" Marco asked as he looked at me like I was crazy.
I groaned, "Why'd you remind me?"
"To keep you grounded to reality." Trina giggled, I growled at her before checking my phone for the time.
"I gotta get going guys. Work today." I waved good-bye as I headed to my beat up truck. I ditched my bag in the passenger seat and headed to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story just came to me, so I hope you like it. Comment please! And I'm sorry in advance if it take me a little while to update. I'm entering finals week X/