Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

My Truck has Problems

The day went by excruciatingly slow, since you know I was waiting for something fun to happen, but I made it through. Once the last period bell rang I jumped out of my seat and flew to my locker. I ditched my unwanted books in my locker and grabbed my homework. I turned to face my friend who had gathered around me.
"So we'll see you after detention?"
"Yep." I smiled, "Will I need to pick up Zane?"
"Nope, I'm gunna get him." Trina volunteered.
"Alright, How are you getting home, Luke?"
"Trina graciously volunteered to bring me home." He smiled back at her.
"Nice, well I'll see ya'll later. I gotta get to detention. Later." I waved to my friends as they headed to the parking lot. I made my way to the library where detention was being held today.
"Welcome to detention, Miss Bronte." My gym teacher greeted as I took a seat. "No talking or texting while in detention. You may, however, do your homework." She sat down in front of us and flipped through a cars magazine. I quietly worked through my homework, trying to get as much done as possible so I didn't have that much to do during the weekend. I glanced up every so often to watch the time slowly tick down to freedom. *Come on, go by faster. Only 15 more minutes before I can get outta here.* I was working on my math when 3:30 rolled around. *I'll have to have Zane help me, I don't understand this at all.* Math wasn't my strong suit at all. I went back to my locker to ditch the homework I had finished and headed to my truck. I made it home and walking into a silent house.
"I'm home!" I called.
"In the back yard!"
I followed where the voice came from and saw my dad finishing up his gardening. "Hey dad."
"Hi, sweetie. How are you?"
"Good. Did Zane tell you that we are hanging out at Luke's tonight?"
"No, that boy told me Trina was here to pick him up and before I could say anything he was long gone." He shook his head at the silliness of my brother.
"Well, Luke decided to have a party with everyone since Zane and I aren't working tonight."
"Is it a sleepover?"
"Yes."
He was quiet a moment and then sighed. "Alright, but if I find out anything happened, you are grounded until you are 85... if you're lucky."
I laughed and replied, "Nothing is going to happen. We are planning on eating out, play video games, board games, and watching movies. Nothing illegal."
"I wasn't just thinking illegal."
I smacked my forehead. "We aren't like that dad."
"I trust you, but I do hear things, Sonya."
"Well, all kids aren't sex addicts. Like us, we find pleasure in beating each other at Mario Carts, eating contests, and watching movies."
"You better be." He smiled as we put the gardening things away.
"Well, I gotta get going. I'll see you tomorrow morning, I plan on coming back before mom leaves."
"Okay, have fun but not too much."
I chuckled and headed inside to my room. I changed into dark jeans, red t-shirt, and a black sweatshirt and packed a duffel for tonight. I yelled a good-bye, started my car, and drove to Luke's. However, half way there my truck died. I tried restarting it four times before giving up and calling my mechanic.
"Hey Mr. Valentine, it's Sonya. My car died and won't restart... No my tank is half full... It's been fine all day... Okay I'll see you soon." After giving him my position, I hung up and waited for him to arrive. I texted my friends that I would be there as soon, after I finished the text Mr. Valentine's tow truck pulled up.
"Hello Sonya."
"Hey, Mr Valentine. How are you?"
"Pretty good. How's my favorite customer?"
I chuckled and shook my head; my truck had problems all the time. "Good, though I'm seriously considering just getting a new car." He laughed and got to work on getting my truck on the back of the tow. I sat on the sidewalk as I waited and fiddled with my sleeve.
"Ready?" Mr. Valentine asked and I looked up.
"Yep, mind taking me to Luke's?"
"Not at all, I'll call you later to let you know about your car."
"Okay, or I could come in tomorrow. I got nothing too pressing to do."
"Okay, that might be easier since I got quite a bit of cars to inspect."
We arrived at Luke's and I grabbed my duffel. "Thanks for everything. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Bye, Sonya. And don't get rid of this girl too soon." He winked and pulled away. I chuckled at the fact that he didn't want me to get rid of my truck cause I was an easy cash flow for him.
"SONYA!" I turned just as Sven grabbed me in a hug and spun me around.
"Hey, Sven, long time no see." I hugged him and he placed me down. "How's life been treating you?"
"Pretty good, how about you?"
"Except for yesterday, pretty good."
We walked into Luke's house and went straight to the den where everyone else was. Just as I walked into the room my friends greeted me. "Sonya, you made it!" Everyone yelled and dog piled on me.
"Mercy!" I cried and clawed my way out of the pile.
"We thought you'd never make it." Luke smiled as he helped me up.
"I would have been here earlier, but I had to tell dad what was going on tonight." I glared at my brother.
"What? I forgot..." He pouted and everyone laughed.
"And my truck died on my way here, so I had to get Mr. Valentine to tow it and drop me off."
"I wondered who's strange truck that was." Sven said as he slung his arm over my shoulder. "SO what do we wana do?"
Most of us agreed that we weren't hungry yet so we sat around the t.v., divided into teams, and played Mario Carts until around 6.
"Ready to eat?" Luke asked and everyone simultaneously agreed that we were. Getting on shoes, we headed to the cars and went to eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I should be studying... Oh well here's another chapter. Enjoy =)