Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Why do Flights have to be so Early?

Around 8 my phone vibrated and woke me from a light slumber. I pressed the snooze button for another five minutes of sleep before pushing myself up and getting ready to leave. I yawned and headed into the kitchen to grab something to eat. "Good morning, Sonya. It has been a while since you've hung out here." Luke's dad smiled and handed me a cup of coffee.
"Morning. I've been wicked busy with work and school, I unfortunately haven't been able to hang out with anyone."
"I understand, just don't work too much. You'll get sick if you don't sleep and eat enough."
"I know, I try to get as much sleep as possible and no one can stop me from eating." We both chuckled and I grabbed cereal and a banana to munch on.
"So why are you up so early?"
"I gotta head home, my mom's leaving today and I wana say bye before she leaves."
"Is Zane going?"
"Not that I'm aware of. I'm gunna ask him after I eat."
"Okay, let me know and I'll drop you off. I have to get to work soon."
"Thanks." I quickly ate and headed back into the den. I nudged Zane and whispered, "Are you going to come with me to say bye to mom?"
"No, I said bye to her yesterday." He mumbled and turned over.
"Kay, later." He mumbled something incoherent and I left to change into clean clothes. A few minutes later I met Luke's dad at the door.
"Ready to go?"
"Yep, I left a note on the tv so they wouldn't freak. I doubt Zane will remember our conversation." Luke's dad nodded his head and we headed out to the car. I slipped into the passenger's seat and closed my eyes as we drove to my house.
"Sonya, we're here." I opened my sleepy eyes and opened the door. "I'll see you later. Have a good day and tell your mom to be safe."
"Will do. Thanks, Mr. D'Eath. Have a good day." I waved and headed to the door. I quickly unlocked it to find my mom running around like a mad woman. "You alright mom?"
"OH Honey! I've lost my purse and I have to leave in like five minutes." She continued pulling the house apart, trying to find her purse.
I looked around me and found it hanging on the coat rack. "Mom...Mom... MOM!"
"What, Sonya!?"
"Your purse is right here." I let it dangle from my index finger. "It was on the coat rack."
"Oh thank you." She took it from me and slung it over her shoulder. "I believe that's everything."
"Have your dress clothes, bags, papers, toiletries, heels, shoes, pajamas, passport, money, and everything else?" My dad asked as he came up next to her.
My mom looked at her things and nodded, "Yes. I'll see you in a week." She kissed my dad on the lips and hugged him tight. "I'll miss you, dear. I love you."
"I'll miss you too. Be safe." He gave her a final squeeze before she came to me.
"Will you help me with my things?"
"Sure, mom." I put down my stuff and grabbed some of her bags. Together we loaded the car and she faced me.
"Where's your truck?"
"It died... again. I'm picking it up to day."
"Okay. I'm sorry we can't afford to get you a better car."
"It's fine mom." I hugged her tight. "Be safe, I love you."
"I love you to, Sonya. Be good and don't kill yourself working too hard."
"Right back at cha." I winked and she laughed. She got in her car and waved as she drove to the airport yet again. I stretched and headed back in. "Hey dad."
"Hi, honey. Did you have fun yesterday?"
"Loads, it was so awesome to see everyone."
"I'm glad. You still look tired, why don't you go and sleep some more."
"You sure? I can help clean up."
"Don't worry about it, I'm going to work in the yard before even attempting to clean up this place. Only your mom can make a place so chaotic in only five minutes." We both laughed and then I headed to my room to get a few more hours of sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I passed all of my classes XD I'm officially a Junior in college!
Hope you liked the chapter.