Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

You're Cheeky, You Know That

I rolled over and woke up. I stared at the ceiling for a little while and then grabbed my phone to see what time it was-12:14pm. *Ugh I slept in that late. Now most of the day has been wasted.* I hoisted myself up and headed towards the shower. I felt relaxed, but awake as the warm water flowed over my body. *Mmmm* I groaned in ecstasy. *How I love my showers.* Once my hair was washed, I turned off the shower and stepped out. I grabbed my towel, wrapped it around my body, and went back to my room to change into female black tripp pants and a red and black shirt with detachable sleeves. I brushed my hair quickly and slipped on some skater sneakers, then I grabbed my keys and headed out. Once out the door I remembered my mp3 player and scurried back in to retrieve it. I double checked my stuff before walking to Valentine's Garage.
I left my mp3 on shuffle and quietly sung each song that played; knowing all by heart. After four and a half songs, I finally made it to the garage. "HELLO!" I shouted inside the shop.
"In Here!" Was the reply, muffled by mechanic equipment being used.
"Hey Valentinnne- You're not Mr. Valentine." I gazed at the new fellow confused.
He turned off the tool he was using and chuckled, "Technically I am A Mr. Valentine, but probably not the one you were expecting." His toxic green eyes sparkled with laughter.
"You are quite right. Ye be a bit too young." I smiled back. The young man before me had to be about 18/19 give or take a year, had (dyed) black blue medium length hair, a single lip ring, and a double eyebrow ring on the left eyebrow.
"I'm his nephew Jayce Valentine, my uncle left a little while ago to get lunch. Hope you don't mind that I'm working on your car instead of him."
"As long as you're treating her right I have no qualms. How is she by the way?" I found a nearby stool and sat down.
"Well, diagnoses is... an almost dead battery. We are replacing it so you don't have to get towed anymore."
"Fat chance about that. Mr. Valentine loves me Because my car has so many issues. I think she's PMSing."
Jayce leaned on the side of my truck facing me. "I don't know about that, she's a fine beauty and you seem to take excellent care of her. Hopefully this will be the last time she's in for a while. Are you also going to get her checked while she's here, your stickers almost up."
"Might as well. How long should that take?"
He thought a minute, "No more than half an hour I suppose."
"Alright I can wait, got nothing else to do anyways." As he worked on my car we talked about anything and everything. From all different kinds of fruit to favorite types of music.
We started having an entire conversation in movie quotes and were laughing when Mr. Valentine barged in. "Jayce, you aren't romancing the locals are ya? Oh, Sonya long time no see."
"Hey Valentine." I got up and hugged him.
"My nephew aint trying to put some moves on you, is he?"
"Uncle!" He groaned appalled.
"No." I chuckled, "I'm just waiting for him to finish the inspection and putting in a new battery." He nodded his head and smiled. "By the way, how much is this gunna cost me." I started moving back and forth, not really wanting to hear how much money I was going have to spend.
"Let me think... about $190."
I cringed. "Can I pay you once I get paid on Monday?"
"No problem." He patted my head and turned to Jayce. "Once you're done I want you to work on the black Sudan, okay?"
"No probs." He gave a thumbs up and went back to finishing up the inspection.
"Alright I'll see you later, Sonya, but i gotta get back to work. I'll print a receipt and give it to you before you leave."
"Sounds good. Thanks." He waved good-bye and headed into the back room. "So, Master Jayce, are you a ladies man?"
"Pff, as if. I may have known quite a few females back home, but none I dated or anything like that. Most of them were taken anyways."
"Did you have a lot of female friend back home?"
"I guess, but my group of friends were basically equal in males and females. How about you, miss Sonya."
"I'm better at making friends with guys than girls. Most of my female friends I've met through my guy friends because they were either dating them, started dating them, or were related to them."
"I see. Well, your car is all inspected and passes with flying colors now that her battery lives." He slammed my truck's hood shut and twirled the keys around his index finger. "She's ready to go."
"Thanks, Jayce. Maybe I'll see ya around. It was nice meeting you."
"You too, Sonya." We shook hands and he gave me my keys. "See ya around."
I climbed into the driver's seat and saluted him. Then I pulled out and drove back to Luke's. Once parked in his drive my, I wandered to the door and rang the doorbell obnoxiously. "WHAT!?" Luke yelled before realizing it was me. "SONYA!" He jumped at me and I almost fell.
Everyone else came to the door and yelled, "YOU"RE BACK"
"Why's everyone shouting?"
"Because we want foooood!"
"You haven't eaten yet?" all my friends shook their heads. "Alright, but only because I too am hungry." I went straight to the kitchen and found ingredients for pizza. I spend the next hour making two pizza doughs and putting on the toppings. I placed them in the oven and let them cook for 20 minutes. As we were waiting for the pizzas, we started playing Tenchu Z. I had just finished my turn when my pocket vibrated. MR. VALENTINE shown on the window. "Why hello Mr Valentine."
"Hello, Miss Sonya." A young, not Mr. Valentine voice greeted me.
"Your not Mr. Valentine."
"I believe we went through this already, technically I am." Jayce's voice rang with laughter.
"You're cheeky, you know that." I laughed back.
"I try sometimes. Anyway, the reason I called was my uncle, whom is covered in oil right now and cursing up a storm, wanted me to let you know that you forgot your receipt."
"Oops, my bad. Can I pick it up tomorrow?"
"Sure, anytime before 6pm."
"Alright. I'll probably come around 12. Is that okay?"
"Sounds good, I'll see you then."
"Kay, bye."
"Later." I flipped my phone shut and shoved it in my pocket.
The boys paused their game and everyone faced me. "Who was that?" Trina asked as she wiggled her eyebrows.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, you just said that the person wasn't Mr. Valentine, you called said person cheeky and you laughed. Who was it?!"
*Great, they are going to go over board once they find out." I sighed heavily and braced myself. "That was Mr. Valentine's nephew. He works at the garage now and wanted to let me know that I forgot my receipt for the truck."
"What's his name? And why did He call you?"
"His name is Jayce and Mr. Valentine was covered in oil and I'm assuming Jayce was on break or in between jobs." They all gave me this look of ~yes another boy, she may finally fall for him~ or the ~is someone going to have to die~ and I was glad for the distraction of the timer going off. "That's for me." I shot up and went to the oven. I glanced in and concluded a few more minutes and the pizzas would be ready to eat.
"So do I have to worry about this 'Jayce' guy?" I looked over my shoulder to see Zane leaning on the door frame.
"Really? Why would you have to worry?"
"I don't know, you tell me."
"I make guy friends all the time... or most of the time, why is this guy different?"
His faced scrunched up in concentration. "I... don't know. This time just feels different." I gave him a ~you're crazy look~ and leaned against the counter. "Don't give me that look... no butterflies in your stomach."
"Zane, I don't get butterflies. Not even when I'm nervous."
"Just making sure. Then again it could be a gradual change."
"If it happens you'll be the first to know. You know more about relationships anyways."
"You better. SO how are the pizzas?"
Glad for a change in subject I turned back to the oven. "They're ready now." I smiled at my master pieces. "GUYS! PIZZAS ARE SERVED!"
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've had Jayce's character planned from the beginning and he's finally made his appearance. I hope you like him. Comment please or I don't know if you like what happening in Sonya's life.
Would you like to see more of her modeling life?