Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Can You Swing Dance in Tripp Pants?

We inhaled the pizza in record time and sat back. "So what do we wana do now?" I asked. I pushed myself off of my chair and started cleaning up the pizza trays and other materials I used to make the pizzas.
"You don't have to do that you know." Lyla came up beside me and hip checked me away from the sink.
"But I made the mess."
"And this is our house." She turned to her brother and smiled, "Get your butt over here Luke. You're helping me."
"Do I have to?" Lyla raised an eyebrow and Luke was out of his chair in seconds. "Fine. Let's do this." He took drying position as Lyla washed the dishes.
"We could hang at The Candle. It is teen night, tonight." Kat suggested. She leaned into Marco and he wrapped his arms around her waist.
"Sounds like fun. We haven't gone to dance in a while." Marco commented.
"Knowing the manager we'll probably end up playing for about an hour." I warned; it tended to happen a lot.
All the guys looked at each other and shrugged. "That's fine as long as it's not the whole night. I'd like to dance a little or just hang." Sven spoke for the guys.
"Sounds like fun!" Trina smiled. "We should think of a song list, just in case. How about we each think of a song?" We all muttered an agreement and as Lyla and Luke finished up the dishes everyone else wrote a song of their liking, that we knew, and placed the pieces of paper in a hat. Once Luke and Lyla were done they quickly jotted down their songs and also placed them in the at. I tipped the hat over and laid out the songs. We all grinned at each other, liking what would be played tonight if we actually had to go on.
For the rest of the day we watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Girl who Played with Fire. Yes, another lazy day passed and I felt content. Once 7 rolled around we headed to The Candle to have fun. We parked a block away and smiled at how long the line was to get in. It would be a bummer to wait in line, but the place was sending energetic waves. We were in line for all of five minutes when Chelsae came to us.
"Hey guys." We all greeted her and she continued. "I know you came here to have fun, but do you mind playing for about a half an hour?"
We all looked at each other and burst out laughing. "No problem, Chels. We got you covered." I replied.
"Thank You!" She smiled and jumped on me. "Follow me, please." We followed her through the back. "We have a band for about a half an hour." She informed our boss.
"Thanks guys. I know I'm always pushing these kind of things on you."
"It's no problem, we like doing it." Zane smiled back.
"You know where the instruments are. I gotta get back to work. See you later." He waved to us and disappeared. We headed into the storage room and got two electric guitars, a bass, and the keyboard.
"The drum set and mic stands are set up already." Chelsae informed us and we nodded. "Well I gotta get back, we are crazy packed. Bye."
We headed onto the stage and started setting up as the DJ played house music. Once set up we did instrument and mic checks. "We'll see you later. Break a leg." Trina winked and she and Kat exited the stage.
Once the latest song ended the DJ cut the music and Zane took center stage. "Wazup!?" The crowd cheered and he waited until they quieted down to speak again. "My name is Zane and I will be the Awesome vocals for the next half hour. On the electric guitars we have the talented Micky and Marco, on bass is Sven who plays it upside-down (don't ask me why), the amazing Luke on electric piano, and on backup vocals and my assistant is the always lovely Lyla, and the girl who could give any drummer a run for their money, my sister Sonya!" The crowed erupted in cheers again. "Hope you like what we have in store for you." He nodded to me and I began the beat. Our playlist for the night was covers of Ass Back Home, Hero, While Your Lips are still Red, Swing Life Away, If it Means a lot to You, Fall for You, Is This my Fate He Said?, Let Go, Hey Jealousy, and we finished our set with Man out of You. The energy from the crowd was amazing and we didn't realized how tired we were until the adrenaline high wore off and we joined Kat and Trina in the crowd.
"That was AMAZING!" Trina smiled and jumped on Micky.
"Glad you liked it." He kissed the top of her head and smiled.
"You all were awesome. After you guys get a drink, let's dance!" We all agreed and headed to the counter. As we weaved through the crowd, we were congratulated and complimented.
"Hey, Chelsae. Six waters and two Sprites please." I requested.
"No problem. You guys were awesome as always." She smiled and handed me the drinks. I went to pay but she refused. "Not tonight, girl. We aren't paying you, but boss said free drinks for your group."
"Thanks, Chels. See ya later." We headed to a small table and finished our drinks before heading out onto the dance floor. Around 9, Tristan found us and complimented us on our performance.
"Hey, everyone." He smiled.
"Yo!" We all greeted.
"I heard the latter of your set, you guys are incredible."
"Thanks." Zane said.
"Your welcome. I would have told you sooner, but I couldn't find you and I was with people from work and I felt rude ditching them."
"Are they still here?" -Sven
"Most went home because they have work tomorrow, but two stayed."
"Where are they?" -Zane
"Bathroom."
"Ah, okay. Well you can join us if ya want." -Luke
"Thanks. I'll let them know." Once his friends returned we met them and for the rest of the night we hung out and danced. At one point the band was playing a swing song, so Luke grabbed me and we started swing dancing. Yes, Luke and I know how to swing dance. It was one of many classes we took as children. After a third of the song was done Zane cut in and I started dancing with him. Through the whole dance everyone made a circle around those dancing and laughed. Not gunna lie, it was interesting swing dancing in tripp pants. At one point Micky became my partner and through the rest of the song I danced with Sven, Marco, and at the very end Tristan. We finished with me swung out so we were both facing the crowd and we each had one hand in the air. I couldn't help but laugh as everyone clapped at the dazzling performance. I bowed and headed back to the counter for water.
"That looked like fun." Chelsae smiled and handed me water.
"It was. But also tiring and hot. My clothes are now nasty with sweat." She scrunched up her face and I laughed as I walked back to my friends.
"Ready to go?" Everyone asked.
"Yeah, I'm exhausted and gross."
"Alright, we'll see you later, Tristan." -Zane
"Kay. I had a good time. It was fun dancing with you, Sonya." Tristan winked.
I nodded and my friends said good bye to Tristan and his friends. We headed out of The Candle and straight home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Songs by: Gym Class Heroes, Skillet, Nightwish, Rise Against, A Day to Remember, Secondhand Serenade, Story of the Year, The Frou Frou, Gin Blossoms, and Mulan.

You should listen to the songs they're really good =)