Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Wind Through the Trenchcoat

After my talk with Zane, I thought a lot about what I wanted to study in college and where to go. I researched whenever I had a chance and finally came down to four colleges. I filled out each application and sent them in as soon as I'd finished. Two of my choices were out of state, my top school was about five hours away, and my back-up was the local community college. After all my applications were sent in, I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders and I felt more confident with my future.
September, October, and November passed quickly and for the most part uneventfully. I worked like always, stayed as cook at The Candle, hung out with friends whenever I could, and tried to keep my grades up. Over the course of the last few months I'd been hanging out with Tristan and Jayce a lot; they almost seamlessly integrated themselves into my group of friend. My school let out a week before Christmas and Luke, Micky, and I were at the mall doing last minute shopping before I had to head off to work.
"So Sonya, did you ever pass in your applications?" Luke asked as we were wondering around the music store.
"Yeah, my dream school is Markov's Culinary Institute."
"Going the chef route then?"
"Yeah. I talked to Zane in September and he made me realize that I really love cooking. I mean I liked it as a hobby, but between him telling me I should do something I love and working as The Candle's other cook I decided to pursue it. "
"That's awesome. Does that mean we get to be guinea pigs?!" Luke turned to me and got really excited. Micky also turned and grinned.
"Sure, when I'm home. Remember, if it get into MCI I'm gunna be five hours away. Plus aren't you two going to be quite a few hours away?"
"If I get into Cavalier, I'll be about... nine hours away." -Luke
"I don't really have a top school at the moment, but my furthest is two states away." -Micky
"That's cool, so I'll have to experiment with everyone on holidays and vacations."
"Yay!" Luke and Micky cheered as we purchased a few things and headed to the next store.
"How are you and Chels doing?" I asked Luke.
He smiled shyly, "Good. She's coming over on Christmas Eve for a little while. We'll all actually be able to hang out instead of at least one of us missing due to work or something."
"That'll be fun. I love the Christmas party your family throws." I smiled. "Did you get her a present yet?"
Luke rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed. "No, not yet. I was hoping you two could help me, since Micky you have a girlfriend and Sonya your kinda a girl."
"Kinda?" I raised an eyebrow and chuckled.
"You know what I mean."
"Do I?" I winked at Micky and he silently chuckled.
Luke flushed and started to stutter, "I mean, you are a girl... well young woman... ah female. Grr" He shook his head as he tried to recover, "What I mean is, you just aren't into what most females like. I know you secretly like cute things, but you have no interest in perfume, purses, shoes except boots or sneakers and even then you go practical, dresses, skirts, or anything like that."
I slung my arm around his shoulders and laughed, "I know what you mean, I was only teasing you."
"SOOOOONYA! You're mean!" Luke whined with a pout. "Micky, Sonya being mean to me."
Micky came up next to him, "Don't be like that Luke. You saw that coming as soon as you said 'kinda.'"
"Fine. Be like that... So will yeah help me?"
Micky and I looked at each other and said, "Of course." We looked around a few more store and purchased the few remaining gifts. Around 2pm I decided to head out.
"I'll see you two later, I gotta head off to work. Later." Luke and Micky said bye, hugged me, and we parted ways. I drove to Toxin, only to find out we were having an outside shoot.
"Everyone, your attention please! We will be doing an outdoor shoot today, so please get ready and meet downstairs by 3:10pm. Thank you." My manager shoo'd us to our respective rooms to change. Today's outfit consisted of a black O-ring strap shirt, black skinny bondage pants that were covered in zippers and bondage, and Demonia pyramid stud high-top sneakers. After I changed I sat in the seat to get my hair and makeup done. I received very little makeup, since we were to going to be outside, and purple and red streaks in my hair. My hairdresser professionally messed up my hair and then handed me my accessories; purple snake bites and colored contacts. I easy replaced my lip rings and then popped in the contacts, my left eye was silver while my right was purple. I walked out of my dressing room and was handed fingerless gloves and a Tripp pinhead trenchcoat.
Once all the models were assembled we were taken to different parts of the town to shoot photos. When I wasn't being shot I hang back and watched the other models pose. "Having fun?" Tristan asked after he finished his round of photos.
"Lots." I commented and watched my breath puff out before me. "You?"
"Oh yeah. Hot chocolate?" I greedily took the warm cup out of his hands and sipped it.
"Mmmm, so warm." I was in heaven as the heat spread out through my frozen body.
"Sup guys?" Abbadon asked as he plopped next to me. "Is that Coco?!"
"Yes, sir." I smiled and handed him the warm liquid. He gulped down some and handed the cup back to me.
"So Much Better." Everyone around us laughed at the silliness of my brother.
"Azrael!" The photographer shouted as he snapped a few more shots.
"That's me, see yeah." I saluted to my friends and walked over. "Yes, sir?"
"You're in with these two models. Follow me." We walked to the near by playground. "Az, unbutton your coat. Mist, on top of the slide. Cali, hang on the poles to the swings. Az try posing while sitting on the bottom of the slide." We did a few shots in various poses around the playground. Most of mine were with my jacket unbuttoned, which annoyed me since as the sun went down it got colder. The last hour, we ended up near a brick wall and a lamp post. As the shoot came close to the end it was just me, Abbadon, Tristan, and two other male models. While waiting for the other models to get situated I climbed on the lam post with one hand gripping it, the other arm spread out and my feet planted firmly on the base of the lamp. "Perfect guys. Stay right there." The photographer snapped a round of pictures and finally it was over. "Alright, the shoot is officially over. Let's head to The Candle for a much deserved dinner." We looked at each other surprised and cheered. "First we have to put the camera equipment back, then we can eat." Everyone helped to put the stuff away and we crammed into cars to go eat.
"Welcome to The Candle. Please come this way." Our waitress lead us to a giant table that fit most of us (it was really four long tables pushed together). Tristan, Abbadon, Mist, and I took the one lone table since we didn't fit.
"You sure you're okay over there?" Our manager asked.
"It's fine." we all replied. The whole restaurant was a buzz with whispers of how 9 models from Toxin Magazine was sitting not 10 feet from them. As we were waiting for our food I felt a small hand grip my pants.
I looked down to see a small girl of about five staring up at me. "What's up?"
"I can't find my cousin." Tears started to fill the little girl's eyes.
"I can help you find him/her for you."
Her eyes grew with shock, "Wheely?"
"Yeah, two eyes are better than one. What's your name?"
"Katelyn."
"My name's Az, nice to meet you." I stuck out my ungloved hand and she took it with a smile. "I'll be right back. Gotta a family to find." I winked at my friends and the table laughed.
"Don't get lost." Abbadon teased and I stuck out my tongue. I picked up the little girl and walked to the more open part of the restaurant. "Can you see your cousin?"
She scanned the tables, but couldn't find anyone familiar. Before I had the chance to continue walking the place, a voice called to the little girl.
"Katelyn!" I turned to see a familiar face.
"Chelsae!" Katelyn cried as she flug out her arms to her cousin.
"You shouldn't wonder off like that.'' Chelsae lightly scolded as she took the girl into her arms. "Thank you for helping my cousin." She thanked as we walked to her table.
"No problem, glad I could help." I smiled to her.
"If there's anyway to repay you..."
"Don't worry about it." We made it to her table and she let Katelyn down. "I should get going. My dinner should be arriving any moment."
"Sorry to keep you."
"No worries. Bye, Katelyn" I held out my hand for a high five.
"Bye Az!" She hit it hard and laughed.
"Wait, are you Azrael Night from Toxin Magazine?"
*Not just him...* I laughed and replied, "Guilty as charged."
"I just wanted to say, I'm a big fan."
"Thank you. I'll probably see you around. Bye."
"Bye." Chelsae stared in astonishment as I walked back to my table. As I was I looked up and saw Luke heading to Chelsae's table. *He must be on a date. How cute!* As we passed each other I gave him a nod of recognition and he did the same back to me. As soon as I sat down I whispered to my brother and he looked back at the table.
"That is too funny." Abbadon chuckled.
"What is?" -Tristan
"That girl's cousin didn't recognize me until Katelyn, the little girl, said bye to me." I said, even though it wasn't what I told Abbadon.
"She mustn't read our mag often." -Mist
"Must be." I smiled. Around nine my group left and headed back to headquarters to get our stuff and leave. We were allowed to change at home, but the next time we worked we had to return the outfits worn for the shoot.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://store.vampirefreaks.com/product.php?pid=4119 -shoes
http://store.vampirefreaks.com/product.php?pid=1647 -pants w/o flap
http://store.vampirefreaks.com/product.php?pid=3995 -shirt
http://store.vampirefreaks.com/product.php?pid=1832 -jacket

I got tired of a day to day bases since it was going to be mainly the same thing over and over again so I skipped to more important dates. Enjoy!