Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

I Should become a Professional Present Picker

The next day I was hanging out in my room reading Hana Kimi. I was somewhat bored, yet content with just laying there reading. Suddenly my ringtone, of David Tennant making telephone noises, went off. "Yellow?"
"Hey Sonya, it's Marco."
"Sup, Marco?"
"Sven and I need your help. Will you go out with us and help us pick gifts for Kat and Lyla?"
I didn't understand why people went to Me for girl gift advice. I know I'm a girl, but I never know what to get for a serious romantic gift. "Sure, but can't Luke help you or Micky? I mean they'd probably be better at this than me since Micky's been dating Trina for ever and Luke is Lyla's brother."
"We wooould, but they're both working... So is Trina."
"Oh, well yeah I can help and do my best."
"Thanks, Sonya!" Both Marco and Sven sang into the phone.
"No probs. What time?"
"We'll pick you up in 10!"
"Alright, see yeah soon." I flipped my phone shut and stared at the ceiling. *Well crap. Now I actually have to change.* I swung myself up and headed to my dresser. I rifled through my shirts until I came across a Rise Against shirt. *That'll work.* Then I picked out a pair of flare dark jeans and changed. I slipped on my sneakers and went to the kitchen to make myself some poptarts.
"Morning, sweetie." My mom and dad greeted.
"Morning. I'm going out with Sven and Marco for a bit."
"Okay. Have fun."
"Will do." Just as my the toaster popped, someone honked outside and I said bye to my parents.
"Where are you going?" Zane asked, stretching the sleep from his body.
"Out with Marco and Sven. You can take the truck to work."
"Sweet. Have fun." I got into the backseat of Marco's car and greeted my friends. We spent 2 hours at the mall and finally gave up to eat lunch.
"Do you want serious gifts or not so serious gifts?" I asked as we sat at a table to eat.
They were quiet a moment while thinking. "I feel like it should be more serious. Birthday's are one thing, Christmas is kinda a big deal and this is our first Christmas together." Marco replied.
"Yeah, even though Lyla and I have been together longer, I still feel like Christmas is more of a serious holiday instead of a gag one. I can buy her funky hair dye for her birthday."
"Okay. Have you told either of them you loved them? And I don't mean in the philia way."
"Yes." Both replied; Marco blushing a little. He was never one to openly show affection, but I had seen him show his romantic side to Kat on occasion. It was actually really cute.
"We'll start with Kat. You could go the traditional route of necklace, earrings, and/or bracelet."
Marco sat back and thought, "I guess, but I think I want something a little more special."
"You could make her something or write her a song."
"I can't write songs and I'm not a very arts-n-crafts person."
"Touche." I closed my eyes and thought. "Is there anything she really loves and is obsessed about?"
"She loves Phantom of the Oprah."
"So you can theme her present around that."
"Like how?"
"Are they performing it somewhere?" -Sven
"If they are, I'd bet she'd love that."
"I can check it out." As Marco looked on the internet via his phone, I turned to Sven.
"Alright, Lyla's turn."
"You've known her longer."
"And you're her boyfriend." I stuck out my tongue and began to think again. "Well she loves cute things, so you can't go wrong with a Build-a-Bear. She would thinks it's the cutest thing ever if you made it for her."
"I guess." Sven cringed.
"However, you couldn't just giver her a bear and be done so what does she like? Talk to me."
"Umm, she loves crazy things, colorful things... she likes to do people's hair, she loves colors... she loves movies... oh and she's obsessed with Full Metal Alchemist. Her room is filled with FMA paraphernalia."
"You could do something with FMA."
"I think I have an idea." Sven smiled. I raised my eyebrow, but he shook his head. "You'll have to wait and see."
"Fair enough. How's your searching going?"
"I think I'm gunna get her tickets to Phantom of the Oprah."
"She'd love it, may even cry tears of joy." -Sven grinned.
"How about you, Sven?" -Marco
"I'm gunna get her something FMA and... a Build-a-Bear."
"AWWW!" Marco and I both cooed.
"Yeah, yeah. Let's go before I change my mind." We threw our trash away and b-lined it to the workshop. Sven took a deep breath and said, "Let's do this." We went straight to the wall of stuffies and looked at all of them. "I can't do this. There's too many!" Sven started freaking out.
"Calm down. Just casually look and if you fined one that screams LYLA then get it, if not then we can get a different stuffy." I patted his back and we headed back to the beginning and slowly looked this time. By the time we reached the end, Sven was between a bunny and a bear.
"Hmmm, they both fit her." He handed Marco the stuffies and said, "Mix them up and I'll pick a hand." He turned around and let Marco do his thing.
"Alright, turn and choose." -Marco
Sven stared intensely for a moment and said, "Left." Marco brought forth the Water colored Bunny.
"I think that suites her more." I commented and Marco agreed.
"Okay, WCB it is." We put back the bear and headed to the fluff station.
"Welcome." The employee greeted. "Ready to stuff your furry friend?"
"...Yes." Quickly Sven whispered, "Sonya, you do it."
"Nope, this is all you." I whispered back and pushed him forward.
"Your bunny please." The girl smiled. Sven complied and she started filling the empty shell. "Press the button and catch a heart, please."
Sven turned and muttered, "Okay." He pushed the button and two dozen or so hearts flew out of a tube. He quickly caught a red and white plaid heart and turned back to the girl.
"Great. Do you want more stuffing?"
Sven took the bunny and squeezed it. "A little, but not a lot."
The girl nodded and filled it for a few more seconds. "How's this?" Sven nodded his approval and she turned to him with a big smile. "Is this for you or for someone else?"
"Ah, my girlfriend."
"That's so sweet." The girl squealed gleefully. "Now..." She instructed him to put the heart to his ear so it'll always listen, forehead so it has imagination, rub it in his hands to warm it up, jump up and down so it has a lot of energy, and kiss it to share his love. He did everything with little resistance though you could tell he was embarrassed from the red that spread across his cheeks. After she laced the back up, she handed it to Sven and said, "You did great. She'll love it."
"She better. Thank you." He nodded to the girl and walked over to the computers. "What do I do now?"
"You make it a birth certificate." I helped him through the process. He named the bunny Iridescent. "Now, unless you want to dress it up, we go to the checkout and pay."
"To the check out!" Sven pointed the bunny's hand and then said, "Away!" We walked to the checkout and he paid. Once outside we started towards the car. "I hope she likes it."
"She will. She'll probably squeal... a lot, and then ask if you made it and when she finds out you did, she'll probably pounce on you."
Sven laughed and Marco said, "I can see that. Knowing Sven, he'll probably be on an armrest and they'll fall to the floor."
"We should get him a helmet."
"Thanks guys." Sven stuck out his tongue and got into the passenger's seat. Marco and I laughed and got into our seats.
"Marco, can you drop me off at work? I gotta be there soon."
"Sure."
"Thanks." Marco nodded and drove off. Once we got to The Candle, I got out and said bye to my two friends.
"Thanks Sonya, for helping us today."
"No problem guys. I had fun. Later." I waved and headed in.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a fun chapter to write, although I really had no idea what to get Lyla and Kat. I'm seriously bad at pick gifts other than funny ones. I'm glad I finally have a chapter about Marco and Sven =)
Oh and the ringtone Sonya has is based off of the one I'm using right now. There is, in fact, a ringtone where David Tennant is repeatedly saying "Riing, Riing, Ariiing..." It is wonderful.
Hana Kimi- excellent manga ;D