Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

2 Truths and 1 False

It was a few days after Christmas and I was hanging out with Jayce while everyone else worked. We all planned to hang out later, but for the time being it was just the two of us. We were currently playing Borderlands and Two true and One false. I was playing the Siren Lilith, while Jayce was the hunter Mordecai; it was my turn to think of two truths and a lie.
"Crap!" I complained as I kept getting hit by enemy bullets. "I turned four Sophomore year, I've been working since Freshman year, My hair is dyed black." I switched my position from sitting on the edge of the couch to slouching against the arm rest.
"Hmmm." Jayce thought as we continued our mission. "I'll go with the first, however I feel it's too obvious a choice."
"Booom Son!" I shouted as I blew up our enemy. "Well, you are right in assuming that it's too obvious a choice. I am, in fact, technically only four years old. As of my 16th birthday I turned four because I was born on February 29th. The false one is the last; my hair is naturally this black."
"That is interesting, I've never met someone born on Leap Day." He smiled and then went to thinking about his. "I was born in another country, I have a little brother, I plan on taking over my uncle's shop when he retires."
I thought through the options that were laid out before me. "Well, I already know that you want to do the latter, so now it's between he first two... I'm gunna guess... the middle one."
Jayce chuckled and asked, "Why do you think that?"
"Because like me you're trying to trick me and the first one seems to be one in left field so I'm gunna guess that's true."
"Well, you are right. I have a little sister, not brother."
"She must be cute."
"She is indeed." He smiled fondly at the memory of his sister.
"So what country do you hail from then and why do you have such a good American accent?"
"I was born in Iceland, but I moved here when I was about 3 so I only really remember American."
"That's pretty awesome. Was your sister born in a foreign country too?"
"Nope, just me. She was born in the town we live in now... well they live in since I live here now."
"Cool cool. Alright I've never been kissed, I've never been to a dance, I'm afraid of flying. Oh no dying, dying, DYING!" I phased my siren so I wouldn't die and ran for cover.
"You gotta be more careful." Jayce laughed. "The second one."
"Wrong again, Sonny boy. I actually have never been on a plane, thus do not know if I'm afraid of flying or not."
"So you've never been to a dance or kissed?"
"Nope. I have better things to do than go to a dance like working or hanging with friends in comfy clothes. And as my friends like to tease, I've never had a boyfriend."
"Not having a boyfriend doesn't mean you've never been kissed. Coulda played spin the bottle or been dared to."
"Touche, but no I've never been kissed."
"I'm surprised."
"How so?"
"You're a pretty cool person and you are pretty, so I'm surprised you've never had a boyfriend or someone try to kiss you before."
"Ah thanks." A light blush colored my cheeks as I kept my eyes on the screen. Not many people call me pretty, maybe handsome but never pretty. "But I've never been interested in anyone to actually go through the ritual of trying to date and if anyone would have tried to kiss me without my consent one of three things would happen. A. I'd punch them, B. Zane would punch them, C. any number of my friends would destroy the person."
"You're friends that protective?"
"Oh you have no idea. They almost got into a fight once when someone tried seduce Lyla... we ended up leaving the party early." I chuckled at the memory of a party my friends and I actually went to.
"I guess I'm not so surprised then, you guys are a really close knit group."
"That we are. Your turn."
"Right... I use to race motorcycles, I can play drums, my favorite ice cream is chocolate marshmallow."
I died, and as I waited to be revived I sat back and thought. "Hmm, I'm going to guess... the first one?"
"Nope, my favorite ice cream is chocochip cookie dough. I can play the drums though not well and until I was 17 I raced."
"That is wicked awesome. I'd love to learn to ride a motorcycle, but my parents would kill me."
"Hey if you ever wanna learn you know where to find me." Jayce winked.
"On my couch?" I winked back and stuck out my tough.
"Harhar very funny."
"I thought so. Anywho... Zane and I have two different birthdays, my mom is Native American, my dad was born in Ireland."
Jayce froze a moment and thought about what I had just said; they all seemed quite impossible or near to it. "I'm gunna take a shot at left park and say the last one."
I smiled, "You're right."
"Really?!" He looked at me like I was insane.
"My mom is basically full out Native American, thus my black hair. My dad is 100% Irish, however his parents moved here before he was born making him an American with little accent. And yes Zane and I do not share a birthday. He was born on February 28th, while I, as stated before, was born on the 29th."
"How did that happen?"
"He was born at 11:58pm, and I was born at 12:01am. Crazy right? Twins born on different days, so insane." I chuckled. Jayce shook his head in amazement.
"You guys get more interesting with time, you know that?"
"Well, soon enough you'll know all about us and we'll stop surprising you."
"I doubt that." We both laughed as we continued our game. We continued 2 Trues and 1 False until everyone came over and the real party began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler, but a chapter I really wanted to write. I found this was a fun way to get some fun facts about Jayce and Sonya known. Did you see that coming?

Enjoy!!