Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Happy New Year?

"Damn, look at how many people actually showed up." Luke marveled at the throng of kids crowding the public high school's auditorium as Rihanna blasted through the speaks.
"It's a New Year's party, Luke. Of course everyone's gunna come here and drink and smoke and probably have sex." Sven commented.
"I didn't think it was This popular."
"Everyone, but us comes to this thing. It's tradition."
"Why haven't we?" Zane asked as we made our way to the vending machine, not trusting the punch or other beverages.
"Because we usually hang out at one of our houses." Lyla replied. "Come on, let's dance." She grabbed Sven's hand and pulled him to the dance floor. Normally my group would just hang out and watch movies, however this year we wanted to do something different since most of us were seniors and most likely leaving. Also, we were meeting Jayce and Tristan here, so giant dance here we are.
As I was dancing to some techno song I felt a hand twirl me and I found that it was Jayce. "Hey Jayce." I shouted over the music.
"Sup, Sonya?" He smiled
"Dancing. Hey Guys! Jayce Is Here!" Everyone turned and greeted him before going back to dancing. "How long have you been here?"
"A little bit, but I couldn't find you in this mass amount of people. Is this even legal?"
"Who knows." I laughed and we continued dancing. Around 10pm we met up with Tristan and some of his friends. We talked for a little while outside so most of us could cool off, get re-hydrated, and relax before going back in to dance some more.
It was about 11:20pm when things got complicated. I was getting water when I saw Trina and Micky having a heated argument. The next thing I knew Trina Screamed at Micky, slapped him, and bolted out of the nearest door. *Shit.* I jogged over to make sure Micky was okay. "You okay?" I inspected his cheek and only saw that it was red.
"Physically I'm fine. Stings a bit, but besides that I'm fine." He mumbled.
"Wanna talk about it?"
"We got into a stupid argument about I don't even remember, oh yeah she was acting dumb. Apparently she pregamed without us knowing it and ahs been drinking throughout the night."
"Oh no not again. I thought she was over that."
"I did too until I saw he stumbling about and knocking into people. I pulled her aside and tried to talk to her, but she told me I was being stupid and ruining her fun... That's when I noticed she smelt funky and had red eyes."
"She's been smoking too?" My eyes widened, Trina was a pretty big pot smoker when Micky first met her. She slowly ended up stopping because Micky said he wouldn't stay with her if she continued. We thought she had been clean for the past two years, but I know Micky isn't sure now. "Go put ice on your cheek I'll go find her."
"I don't know. You know how she is." He eyes were apprehensive of me being with Trina while she's drunk and high.
"I'll text or call you when I find her. Go get ice." I commanded as I headed out of the door. I realized I should have grabbed my coat, but oh well. I started searching around the immediate area but couldn't find her right away so I broadened my search. I'm not gunna lie it was kinda creepy wandering around in the pitch black where shady characters were also walking around. I stayed clear of them as I searched every nook and cranny around the school. I was about a five minute walk from the school when my phone rang.
"Hello?" I asked still searching the shadows for a passed out girl.
"Sonya, it's Micky. Have you found her?" His voice thick with concern.
"Not yet, but I will... Oh wait I think this is her." I saw a stumbling female form just a few feet in front of me. "Hold on Micky. TRINA!" The form stopped and turned towards me. "Trina are you okay?"
"What do you think?" She slurred.
"You've had better days. Come on Micky has been-"
"Screw Micky!"
I immediately muted my phone. I didn't need Micky to hear any of this if she was gunna be mean. "Stop Trina you don't mean that."
"I do. He's just... I don't know. Why does it matter if I've been drinking a little? I'm having fun!" She stumbled a little and I caught her.
"Because you are underage and could get hurt?"
"Let me go!" She ripped herself from me and stumbled onto her butt. "I will not get hurt."
"Micky I'll call you back." Before he could say anything I disconnected and offered Trina my hand. "Yes you will. If I had as much as you I would too. Let's go back to the dance with everyone."
"F**K No! I want nothing to do with that Bastard of an ex!" She was shouting now.
"Lower your voice and ex?"
"I will not F**ken lower my goddamn voice and I broke up with that d****e!"
"Stop with the name calling, Trina. Micky has been the best thing for you since you met him." My patience was dwindling and I was becoming protective of my friend. Never a good combination.
"I can call that f**ken bastard whatever the F**k I want!"
"Not in my presence. Now Let's Go." My voice lowered to almost a growl, however she didn't notice in her drunken stupor.
"Hell no!"
"Come on, Trina just come with me. We can go home or something." I went to take her hand but she pushed me away.
"F**K No. You're on his F**ken side, and if you're with him you aren't with me. DON"T TOUCH ME!"
"I'm on both of your sides."
"No, you're are either on that bastard's side or mine." She said defiantly.
"That's it let's go." I grabbed her arm and went to drag her away.
"Leave me the F**k alone, c**t!" She slapped me, more like racked me, and ripped her arm out of my hand. As I gripped my bleed face she sprinted away.
"DAMMIT!" I shouted. I wiped my cheek and ran after her. I chased her for a good five, ten minuted before I lost her. I kicked the closest wall and cursed again. My phone vibrated before I could kick the wall again. "What?!"
"You okay?" Micky's voice asked quietly.
I raked my hand through my hair and let out a heavy breath. "Sorry, Micky I didn't mean to yell at you."
"It's okay, I take it you found Trina." Trina tended to be a mean drunk if things didn't go her way.
"Kinda. She got away and I lost her. Sorry Mick."
"Don't worry, we'll come out and help you look. Where are you?"
I looked up at the closest sign and told him, then I waited for everyone. I was sitting against the wall with my head in my hands when they arrived. "Sonya?" Zane asked.
I looked up and said, "That's me."
"Eesh, that's a pretty nasty cut." Zane inspected my cheek, but I shook it off.
"Don't worry about it, we gotta find Trina. She's angry, not thinking right Trina." Everyone sighed thinking the same thing 'This was gunna be a pain.' We split up into a few groups: Tristan and his friends, Marco Sven Lyla, Kat Luke Jayce, and Zane Micky and I. I let Luke's group take my truck while my group walked the streets. We searched everywhere for the girl and yet it was like trying to find a screw in a needle stack; virtually impossible. We spent the entire night trying to find her and it wasn't until the sun was coloring the sky that Zane, Micky, and I saw something that would lead us to her.
"Guys, it's her shoe!" Zane tiredly shouted to us. Micky and I looked at each other and jogged over. A new wind went through us and we soon found her struggling with some random guys.
"Come on, sweets. We won't hurt you." One of the guys purred as he tried to pull her with him.
"Leave me the F**k alone!" She cried and tried to fight back.
"Hey!" Micky roared. Even I glanced at him when he shouted. "Leave her alone!" He stalked over to the guys with a pissed off look.
"Oh yeah says who?" A second guys laughed.
"Me." He growled.
"Oooh, I'm scared." The first guy said with a fake quiver. Without even saying anything Micky punched him in the face, causing blood to spew from the guys nose and Trina stumbling backwards.
"What the F**K?" The second guy yelled and charged at Micky. Without thinking I went in and clotheslined him.
As two more guys came at Micky and I, I yelled over my shoulder to Zane, "Get Trina out of here!"
"But-!"
"Do it! She doesn't like Micky or me at the minute." I ducked and rammed into one of the guys as Zane zipped to Trina's side. Even though she fought a little, he reminded her who he was and picked her up and got away from the fight. It took Micky and I a few minutes to dispatch the losers, and once we did we went to where Zane and Trina were; Zane was calling for a car.
"They'll be here in a minute." Zane replied as he shoved the phone in his pocket. Micky went over to Trina to make sure she was okay, but she wouldn't have it.
"Don't touch me!" She screamed and tried swatting at Micky.
"Trinaa." Hurt shone all over his face.
She growled at him and I walked over, "Get over yourself Trina. We are trying to help you, if it wasn't for us bad things could have happened." I was tired and pissed.
"Sonya." Micky warned gently and my eyes snapped to him; he was in bad shape.
"Zane, take care of Trina. I'm gunna take Micky home."
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
"Don't I have a say in this?" Micky asked with a slight annoyance in his voice.
"We aren't wanted here. Let's let Trina come down and sober up before I kill her and she's mean to you." I said in a more gentle voice.
"Alright, let's go. Take care of her, Zane." We started walking to his house in silence. He was slightly in front of me and I could clearly see how heartbroken he was. He didn't walk with the silent confidence he normally had and his eyes were to the pavement. In about 20 minutes we came to his house and he quietly unlocked the door. The house was silent, indicating that his parents hadn't returned home from the adult party yet or were already in bed. With only the sound of our feet hitting wood floor or carpet we went to his room. I leaned on his door frame as he stopped in the middle of his room.
After some time I finally whispered, "Are you gunna be alright?"
He was quiet a minute before barely whispering, "I'll be fine." My heart broke seeing how torn up my friend was. I walked over and hugged him. He leaned his head into the side of my neck and he silently sobbed. I knew he was in love with Trina and how she acted and what she said really hurt him. I knew I could do nothing more than just stand there and support him as emotions flooded him. Stereotypically, I felt useless.
"Thanks, Son." He whispered as he pulled away. His eyes were red and I wiped his wet cheeks with my sleeve.
I smiled kindly, "What are friends for? You want me to stay?"
"No, it's okay. I'm gunna change and go to sleep."
"Alright. If you need anything you can call me and I'll be right over."
"See you later." He hugged me tightly before letting me go.
I hugged him fiercely back and replied, "Bye." I quickly left so he could sleep and called Zane for a ride home. It didn't even occur to me last night to call my dad; he was going to be pissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama, how will this affect the group? Is there going to be more?