Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

No You Don't Understand

Three days. Three days until Zane's seminar and I could tell he was teetering on whether he wanted to go or not. I knew he really wanted to, but at the same time his passion for all things space related had dimmed since mom's accident. We got daily calls of how she hasn't changed and the last time I talked to my uncle, he said they were thinking about pulling the plug. The thought of it freaked Zane out a lot and I can see that he's been losing sleep again. I was beginning to stress again because of this new development too. I flopped my head back against the wall of our cafeteria. *Ouch.* "You alright?" Marco asked.
"Tired and... we found out recently that they're thinking about pulling the plug." my eyes were shut and my breathing a bit rugged. I didn't see my friends exchange worried looks.
"When's recently? Yesterday, today, a few days ago?"
"I don't know. Days are kinda blurring together. Zane's losing sleep again." I finally opened my eyes and looked at my bagged lunch of PB&J with chips, an apple, and water.
"How are you doing?" Micky asked and put an arm around my shoulders.
I leaned on his shoulder feeling vulnerable and not even caring. "Of all the years, why senior year? I could kinda deal with this shit if it was sophomore or junior year, but senior year? I have so much to worry about already, my head feels like mush." Micky stroked my hair as Luke rubbed my back. My other two friends gave me sympathetic looks. Kat took my hand and stroked it with her thumb. We spent the rest of the lunch period quiet, my friends quietly comforting me.
"I'll see ya'll later." They said later and I quietly let myself be swallowed by the crowd. I paid as much attention as I could in my classes, but ended up with more doodles than actual notes. When the final bell rang I stretched and headed to my locker to grab my homework. All my friends met me there and we headed to the parking lot together excluding Kat because she had Art Club.
As we were exiting the wing building, for that was where our lockers were, a voice stopped us. "Look at the hoe now, surrounded by all her boy toys." Trina sneered as she inhaled her joint.
"Can you leave it for today Tri, I'm in no mood to put up with your high crap."
"Who the hell do you think you are? You're nothing more than a slut in so many peoples eyes, or haven't you noticed?"
The guys winced, but I didn't flinch. "Have you looked int he mirror lately?"
"What'd you say?!" Her eyes flashed red, well they already were but you know what I mean, and she got up in my face.
"I said look in the mirror. You at the moment, are nothing more than a pothead who's grade are probably going down the drain. Smarten up girl, you want to get into one of the top schools in the country and you can't do that with your head filled with pot and your grades turning into a pile of crap. Now please get out of my face before I get black lung because of you."
"Bitch!" Trina slapped me so hard I stumbled to the side and gripped my cheek. "You know nothing about me!"
"Like hell I don't. We were friends for about four years Tri. I get that your parents put pressure on you and tend to not take notice to the stupid ass shit you do, but that doesn't mean you should do something as idiotic as relapsing into a drunk high sl- person. Get over yourself Trina, some people are going through worse things than being ignored. Plus, you had people who actually cared for you and you through them out like they were garbage... You don't have to be like this Tri, whether you like it or not we still care about you."
This just made Trina angrier and she flung herself at me like an insane animal. I defended my self, taking most of her punches with my forearms. The guys pulled her off of me, Marco and Luke held her as she tried to flail and Micky helped me up. *Great another scratch on my face, boss is gunna kill me.*
"You say you care about me, but I bet you're f**king my bastard of an ex. Along with all your other guy friends. No female can be just friends with males." She continued struggling in Luke and Marco's grip.
"Believe it or not, but yeah it is possible." I wiped my face of blood.
"You're as much of a whore as everyone says you are. I should have-"
"TRINA! Enough." This was one of the few times Micky ever raised his voice at Trina.
"Whatever, I don't have time for your bull. If you don't want help then-" My pocket vibrated and I fished it out and answered. "Hello?" My dad was on the other end, but it soon switched to my uncle. As I listened to my uncle I stumbled side ways and slowly slid to the ground; my legs no longer had the strength to hold my weight. I started balling and I crumpled forward.
"Sonya!" My male friends exclaimed and Luke and Marco released Trina to come to my side.
I sobbed and asked, "Your telling the truth right? This isn't some sick joke!"
"No, I'll call you back when I have more information." My uncle said and hung up.
"Sonya, what's wrong?" Luke asked as he held my wet, gross face in his hands.
"My... my mom... my mom's... she's awake!" I let out a huge sob and collapsed into his embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, things may finally be looking up for the very stressed out twins ^_^ Enjoy and please comment. Don't be silent readers or I won't know how to make this story better. Cheers