Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

I Thought Today Would Be Boring

"Sonya, Time To Get Up!" My mother yelled through my door.
"Five more minutes!" I mumbled into my pillow.
"You said that five minutes ago. You have to get up now." She called back.
I groaned and looked at my phone; 6:30am. "Shit." I rolled off of my bed and and shuffled to my dresser and picked out a fresh school shirt, pants, underwear, bra, and socks. After putting on my clothes I headed to the bathroom and switched out my lip rings for clear studs. Once I was done in there, I looked at the time; 7. "Hey mom." I greeted as I retrieved a bowl, cereal, and milk.
"Hello, dear. How are you?" She sat across from me and sipped her coffee.
"Tired." I grumbled. "But good. Zane and I played in the rain yesterday."
She laughed, almost spewing her coffee at me. "Before or after your worked? Or during I suppose."
"After. He was teasing me, so I chased after him and tackled him to the ground." I chuckled.
"Why was he teasing you this time?"
"Well, the tackling was mostly caused by him saying how our coworkers would be saddened by the fact that I am a girl. So I chased him."
"You should be nicer to your brother, you know he isn't as athletic as you."
"Once he stops teasing me, I'll stop chasing him."
"Touche. What was yesterday's shoot about?"
"Alice in Wonderland. Zane was the Cheshire Cat and I was the Mad Hatter. He'll probably tell you all about it when he gets up."
"No doubt about that, he sure loves to talk." We both laughed at how true the statement was. "Hopefully he gets up before 11 or he won't be able to tell me."
"Have work today?"
She sighed and replied, "Sadly. I'll be working everyday until I leave."
"I see, just don't work yourself to death."
"I should be saying the same for you. Are you working today?"
"Yeah," I replied as I put my bowl in the sink, "Waitress from 4-8."
"Don't overwork yourself, Sonya, you are too young to be doing that."
"I know. I'll see you later." I kissed her on her head before heading out. I hopped in my car and within two tries it came alive and I headed to another dreary day at school.
It was still raining and I forgot my umbrella, so when I got out of my car I booked it to the nearest building for safety. "SONYA!" Luke yelled.
"Hey, Luke." I grinned as he pounced on me and gave me a bear hug. "How are you?"
"Awesome now that you're here." He grinned back and pulled me to our other friends.
"Ready for another boring day at school?" Trina asked.
"You know it." I grumbled back. It wasn't that I hated school, it was just that it was boring to me. When you have an obnoxiously smart brother who is homeschooling himself as a sibling, you tend to know things most don't. We hung out for a little while before the bell rang and we headed off to our respective class.
I was in my fourth period class spacing off about what my brother taught me yesterday (about how when a person suffering from an upper respiratory infection they are more likely to feel discomfort when flying due to pressure) I heard a loud BANG and the lights went out. Everyone looked around and then stared straight at the teacher. "Nina, please go down to the office and see what we are to do." The girl nodded before heading out the door. A bright flash of lightening lit up the room and was soon followed by an earsplitting bang.
*I hope Luke's okay.* I thought. Luke hated lightening storms and usually called me unless his little sister Lyla was close by. But usually I was the one who had to calm him down. ~U OK?~ I texted and quietly waited for a reply. Everyone around me was chatting away with their friends, I however, did not know really anyone in my class and was waiting silently.
~Silently Freaking out. Save me~
I chuckled to my self. ~Be there asap. 1st gotta find out wats happening~
~ok =(~
Nina returned and whispered to our teacher. "Okay, students. Due to transformer problems you will be released early today. Quietly and walking, you may leave. Read the next chapter and do #1-10. You are dismissed." Everyone crammed out the door and flooded into the hallways.
~Coming.~ I quickly headed to Luke's classroom just as his class was leaving. "Hey Lukie." I greeted. Once he saw me he jumped at me and gave me a hug.
"Sonya, I'm scared!" he cried into my shoulder.
"No worries, I'm here." I patted his back. "Want to go to the bowling alley?"
He looked at me with a scared face and cried, "You're such a wonderful best friend!" He pulled me into another hug and jumped when another rumbled echoed through the halls.
"What am I going to do with you? Let's go find Trina and Micky and ask if they wana come." I pulled him down the hall to my locker where the couple was waiting. "Hey guys."
"Hey." they said in unison.
"Wana go bowling?" They looked at each other and grinned. I grabbed my homework, we went to Luke's locker, and then headed out to the parking lot. Trina took Mickey in her car and Luke came with me in mine. "Luke call up Zane and see if he wants to come."
"Kay." He squeaked as lightening lit up the dark sky. "Hey Zane... No transformer blew... Yeah real lucky. Wana go bowling with Sonya, Trina, Micky, and I?... K see yeah in a few. He said YES! His words not mine."
I nodded my head and headed to my house. We quickly picked up my brother and b-lined it to the bowling alley. Today was turning out to be an okay day after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Eustachian_tube.aspx- ear fact
(~)- means texts