Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Who Looks Out for Her When She Looks Out for Everyone Else?

A week past and my mom was finally able to come home. My Uncle came back to America to help us take care of her, he was only suppose to stay two weeks but ended up staying longer. The weeks past and before I knew it, it was the beginning of April. Zane nor I have been able to talk to my parents about our future. First it was because we wanted mom to adjust to being home and the family getting into a routine and then it just never came up since most of the time Zane and I worked and then passed out. However, don't think our house was doing fine, it was actually quite the opposite. There was tension simmering and Zane and dad have been fighting for weeks now.
I was sitting in my room looking over the last months Toxin Magazine (the one where we got interviewed) when the yelling started. Normally I would have ignored it, but this time Zane finally snapped.
"Zane will you stop!" My dad shouted.
"No, I'm tired of always having to keep my mouth shut!" He yelled back.
"What is going on with you? You've been angry for weeks now."
"You really want to know what my problem is?"
"Yes, I'm tired of that attitude of yours!"
"Then I'll tell you." *Zane, no!* I bolted out of my room, but I was too late. As I opened my door Zane spoke. "You're my problem dad!" Everyone went silent. "You walk around here like you're the only one going through a hard time! First you fly off to another country, which I have no problem with, however you completely forget that you have TWO underage kids at home and you stay there for a month. A F**CKEN MONTH! You forget to eat and all you did was mope. I get that your wife was in a coma, but hello she's our mother and we had to pick up the pieces and stay. While you sat there and did nothing but wait, we had to work even more hours than normal. I even got another job to pay for the bills that you didn't even think about! We were 17 dad, we shouldn't be thinking about these things until we're older! But noooo you had to completely shut down so we had to worry about not only mom, but you too! Did you even know that Sonay got sick due to stress and over working? She's going to school and working two jobs so you could sit on your ass in Ireland and not even think about how we're doing. We were falling a part dad and you didn't even F**cken care!" My dad went to speak, but Zane cut him off, "No I'm Not Finished." He growled. I'm pretty sure by now he was seeing red. "You were too preoccupied with yourself that you did see that we were freaked out too. And You Left Us; Abandoned Us! Do you understand what that feels like? The one person we wanted to tell us it was going to be okay, wasn't there to tell us that. We had to be there to tell each other that, Sonya even had to comfort you! We should be comforting each other! I'm not gunna lie, I wasn't that great while you were away and I isolated myself often. But at least I recognize that and I do try to be better and try to be there for her, but you don't. Yay you called, but that isn't enough. I'm pretty sure if something bad happened to mom, you'd be wasting away until you died. How do you think that makes us feel?! Once again, we shouldn't have to be worrying about whether or not our dad is gunna give up on life when we have to worry about passing the school year, graduating, and going into college. On top of worrying about college, we have to worry about how the bills are going to get paid. No thanks to you! We are still working as if mom's still in a coma. I don't even know how Sonya is passing school with how little time she has to do homework and sleep. I get you want to help mom, but you also need to get off your mopey ass and start bringing in money so we can pay for mom's physical therapy and the bills. Mom's still getting paid, but since you haven't noticed it's not enough to pay the regular bills so there's no way in Hell it's gunna cover medical bills also.
"You know what the sad thing is?" He voice lowered and he looked up through his bangs. "We don't even know if we want to go to college because we're too worried that you won't be able to pay the bills while we're gone. You do realize that the two schools we want to go to aren't close to here?" He turned, "I can't even stand to look at you right now. Grow up!" With that he bolted from the house with the door slamming behind him.
We all stood there quiet a moment; no one moved. Zane had just said everything we'd been feeling over the last few months and there was no taking those words back. Uncle Aidan stood there with wide eyes and shock written all over his face, while my dad had paled and his mouth hung open. I was the first to recover and I b-lined it for the door. "Sonya, is that true?" My dad asked with sad eyes. I looked down, silent. I didn't say anything as I opened the door and left for my truck. I looked up and down my street to find it deserted. I tried to start my truck, but found it completely useless; it was once again dead. With a sigh I started running and searching.
I looked in all of Zane's usual spots, but didn't find a trace of him. I started getting worried as it got later and later and there was still no sign of him. I tried the house once, but Uncle Aidan said he hadn't seen or heard him. Finally around 6pm I called Luke.
"Luke?"
"What's up, Son?"
"Have you seen Zane?"
"No, why?"
"He's missing and I can't find him." I started panting and my heart rate started escalating.
"I'm at Micky's, we'll come and help you look." He paused only a second, "Sonya, are you okay?"
"No." I whimpered. The world around me was starting to swim as my panting turned into hyperventilation.
"What's wrong?" I could hear panic in his voice.
"I don't know." I curled up in a ball; tears streamed my face. I started to get shaky and the corners of my vision started darkening. I heard the phone fumble and the next I knew Micky's mom was on the phone.
"Honey, where are you?"
I looked up the best I could. "Corner of Kingly Rd." I stumbled out.
"Now Sonya tell me exactly what you are experiencing." Remember, she's a nurse.
"I'm shaking, dizzy, my hearts racing, having trouble catching my breathe, and my visions darkening." It took me a little while to relay all of my symptoms as fear gripped me.
"Boys, go find her she's having a panic attack. Honey, listen to me. I need you to do exactly as I say. Breathe in slowly with me." She took a deep, slow breath. "Now slowly release it." She slowly blew out. She repeated the process a few times until I was able to do it without her. "Keep doing that. Sonya, you need to relax. We will find Zane and you will be okay. You aren't alone; Micky and Luke will be with you soon. Everything is going to be okay." She kept talking to me in a calm, caring voice; reassuring me that everything was going to be fine. "You also, need to stop thinking negatively. Whatever is causing your panic attack, you need to stop thinking about it and know that things will be okay." As Micky's mom talked me through my panic attack, Luke and Micky pulled up. They got out of the car and Micky put his jacket around me and hugged me.
"Keep breathing and relaxing, Son." Luke whispered to me and rubbed my back.
Micky took my phone from me."Hey mom, we found her. She seems to be doing better. Yep, we'll stay with her and help her find Zane. Bye."
He put the phone back to my ear. "Honey, just remember what we've been doing and the boys will take care of you. We will find your brother soon, okay?"
"Okay." I replied barely audible.
"I'll talk to you soon. Bye, dear."
"Bye. Thank you." I hung up and remained in Micky's embrace until I was fully sure that my attack was over. We slowly got up, the boys made sure I was okay, and we decided Luke and I would take the car and Micky would continue on foot. Every so often Luke would call Zane, since I was still having symptoms from the attack. I kept my eyes open for my brother, but never saw him.
Finally around 9:30pm we got a call from Micky; he found him. We decided to meet up at Micky's house and decide a course of action from there. As soon as I saw him, I flung my door open and flew into his arms. "Zane." I breathed out.
"Sonya. I'm sorry I ran and didn't answer my phone." He hugged me tightly; Micky had told him of my little episode. "I left it at the house. I forgot to grab it before I left."
"Moron, you scared me." I mumbled into his shoulder.
"I know, I'm so so so sorry."
"Just never do that again."
"I'll try not to. Son," He released me from the tight hug and looked at me; arms still wrapped around me. "I can't go back tonight. I'm still wicked angry at dad and if I face him again I'll probably blow up at him again." He looked at me apologetically.
"He can stay here tonight." Micky invited.
"That's probably for the best." I thought aloud.
"Are you going to be okay if I'm not there?" -Zane
"Yeah, you need some time away from the house and everyone." I really didn't want him to stay, but I knew he shouldn't be home at this point in time.
"What about you?" -Zane
"I'll be okay, you go cool down and clear your head." -Me
"Okay, but only for tonight." -Zane
I nodded my head and said good-bye to Zane and Micky. I sat back in Luke's car and we headed to my house. Or so I thought.
"Where are we going?" I asked as we passed my street.
"For a little drive." Luke smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Panic attacks are not fun; I've had one before. It may have been a anxiety attack, but not really sure. This was a really emotional chapter to write. I wanted to get across all the anxiety and tension that had been building up until this point since the coma and how the dad seems kinda oblivious to it. I seem to have made the dad into kinda the bad guy... sorry Mr. Bronte -_-' I didn't mean for him to be like this, it kinda just happened. I hope that he eventually get into everyone's good graces again. Also, the mom wasn't home during the fight. Just so no one's wondering why she didn't say anything.

So I leave you with this emotional chapter for the next 4-5 days. I'm going to CT! I can't wait!