Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Dance All Night to this DJ

The golf club we were holding the prom at opened at 7pm, we arrived promptly at 7:12pm. I hopped out of my truck and walked around to Zane's door. "Ready to party, my brother?" I smiled.
"Of course, dearest sister." He offered his arm and I looped mine through. "Let us go party!" We walked to the door and were greeted by my first period teacher.
"Miss Bronte and?" She smiled.
"Zane. Nice to meet you." He offered his hand.
"Nice to meet you." She took it and then went down the list of names to mine. "Oh, you're her brother?"
"Yes ma'am; twin brother. Only way to go to a prom if ya know what I mean." He winked. "Being home schooled and all."
"I see. Have fun." She offered another smile. "And Sonya you're actually wearing a dress."
I laughed. "Yes, thought it would be appropriate. See ya later." We walked in to see the large hall decorated with the theme of Alice in Wonderland. The colors were marvelous and the decorations large, but did not create a claustrophobic feeling. The prom commitee did a great job. There were three different center pieces: a Cheshire cat grinning on top of a mushroom, the caterpillar on a flower, or a group of flowers. I hoped we had the cat, I was always of fan of him.
We stepped in and were immediately jumped on. "SONYA! ZANE!" Lyla nearly knocked both of us over. "You two look amazing! Especially you Sonya, Oh my gosh you are so gorgeous. Doesn't she?" She turned to our other friends. I stood embarrassed as the guys' eyes widened and two (Sven and Marco's) jaws dropped and the girls all got giddy.
"I never thought I'd see the day when Sonya wore a dress." Chels smiled and hugged me. "Very beautiful. You should wear some more often."
"And get you guys use to it, never. Come on the shock factor is too priceless to make normal." I joked back to hide how uncomfortable I was.
"Still, you look wonderful." Chels grinned.
"Give the praise to Kat, she made the dress."
Kat blushed and muttered, "It's you that makes the dress pretty."
"No way, Kat you're the genius." Her blush deepened.
"Awesome job, babe." Marco kissed her cheek causing her to smile.
"So where are we sitting?" Zane asked after greeting everyone.
"Over here." Lyla lead the group to a large table that barely fit us all. I put my things down and faced my friends. "Let's go get a group photo while the line is still short." We all agreed and headed over to the photographer. "We'd like a group picture please." Zane, Micky, and I were in the middle, with me in between them. I had my arms wrapped around their waists, while they wrapped one arm around me shoulders. Beside Micky was Luke and Chels, Lyla and Sven, while beside Zane was Kat and Marco. We smiled all pretty like and then went back into the hall to chat while we waited. Around 8pm the doors were officially closed and the meal began. The hall filled with kids laughing and the clanking of silverware. Once the dinner was done the teachers passed out cards to everyone so they could vote for prom king, queen, and court. I scanned the names and was baffled at the fact that my name was one it.
"I'm in the running for prom queen?" I asked out loud to no one.
"Apparently." Micky was equally surprised.
"Who the heck nominated me?" I was baffled beyond belief.
Luke chuckled nervously. "I did as a joke, I didn't think people would actually second it." I turned to him. "Don't kill me!" He flinched.
I let out a sigh. "I'm not gunna kill you, but if by any chance I do win some kind of spot in the court I may punch you or duel you."
"Maybe you'll win prince with that attitude." Sven laughed. I stuck out my tongue in reply. Once everyone checked all of their boxes, we handed it in and the lights dimmed. The DJ told us to enjoy our night and the music started blaring as strobe lights and colored lights danced across the room. Lyla pulled Sven up and excitedly pulled him to the dance floor; we quickly followed. We danced as much as we could, only stopping a few times to rehydrate ourselves or grabbing a snack. Around 9pm the DJ told us to all sit for a little while so the class president could give us a speech about having a great night and creating the last memories of our high school career. Then the court was announced, along with the king and queen. I sighed with relief as I was not named as any princess, prince, king , or queen. We clapped for the winners and watched at they danced and then slowly joined them. This time I danced with Micky since I already danced with Sven and Marco. I planned to dance with all of my guy friends and my girl friends before the night's end. After this year most of us were going separate ways, so I wanted to make the most of this night.
"So how are you enjoying this night?" I asked Micky.
"Pretty good." He spun me out and then spun me back in. "How about you?"
"I'm having a wonderful time. I believe I'm almost over being uncomfortable in this dress." I laughed.
"You shouldn't feel uncomfortable, you look beautiful."
"Thanks." I blushed. "It's just weird wearing one since I haven't in like forever."
"Last time I remember was probably..." He went into thought for a moment. "I think fourth grade when your mom still dressed you." He teased.
"Probably. Dresses don't work when all your friends are guys and they like to rough house."
"Touche."
We were quiet a little long before I hesitantly asked. "So, ah, how do you feel about that?" I gestured with my head at the couple a few feet away.
"It's a little uncomfortable, but I was aware that they were coming together." He commented.
"You did?" I was surprised.
"Yeah, Tristan asked me if it was alright a little while ago. He told Trina he'd have to see if he could get the day off from work first and then he asked me." He was quiet a moment before continuing. "It still hurts, but he's really changed her. Haven't you noticed she's stopped hanging out with the potheads and seems to be... nicer to us?"
I thought back and did realize I've seen her with a different crowd than the smokers. "So that's all his doing?"
"That and her parents have sent her to counseling. He's been supporting her and listening to her. Her parents are also paying more attention to her now instead of always being away on some kind of business trip."
"How do you know so much?"
"Tristan mostly, but her parents have talked to me every once in a while. They do still like me you know." He smiled gently.
"I'm glad." I smiled back.
"Me too." We left it at that and were silent for the rest of the dance. It wasn't awkward silence or anything. The next song was a fast one and we all rejoined into a group and danced. At one point during the dance I ended up skanking (it is a dance move) with Lyla to Footloose. We ended up laughing so hard we had to sit the next song out so we wouldn't pass out.
At 11pm the final slow dance played and I danced with Zane. We talked about the night and agreed it was one of the best nights ever. Once the song was over everyone grabbed their belongings, said their final good-byes, and headed out to their vehicles. Zane and I headed to Micky's house for a sleepover.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this wasn't that long of a chapter, my prom was two years ago and I don't remember too much. Just that it was mostly dancing and awkwardly dodging cameras at times. Long story that had to do with an ex. But I did have an awesome time just like the twins. Cheers!

And yes to skank is a dance move. I do it with my friend every year at our Performing Arts year end dance. It's fun, but tiring ^_^