Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Double Teaming

Zane and I arrived at Micky's right after everyone else. "Hello Sonya, Zane. How was prom?" Micky's mom asked as we said hello.
"Great!" We smiled.
"Good. Everyone else is in the basement."
"Thanks." We hauled our things down to where all our friends were. The basement was finished, looking more like a large living room than a muggy basement.
"Sup guys?" I greeted and everyone yelled a greeting back.
"Before we all change I want one more group picture." Chels shouted over the noise. We all lined up in front of the TV and waited for her to set the camera. After making sure everyone was going to fit in the frame, she dashed next to Luke and we all smiled. "Okay, one more." She set the timer again and ran like before. This time on the count of three we all did something ridiculous. Chels laughed when she viewed the picture and showed it to us; we burst out laughing and nearly fell to the floor.
"Let's go swimming!" Lyla suggested when we couldn't think of how to continue our night of fun.
"I Second it!" Marco raised his hand.
"I third!" Zane and I said in unison.
"Me too!" Everyone else shouted at once.
"Then it's settled: Pool Time!" We all split to change out of our formal outfits and into our swimming attire. The girls stayed downstairs while the boys changed upstairs.
We walked out to the pool about 10 minutes later to an eerily quiet backyard. "Guys?" Kat called cautiously. I had a feeling something was up so I scanned the surrounding area, but didn't find anything until a flash of movement happened in my peripheral.
"Guys!" I shouted but it was to late. Lyla and Chels were already picked up and being thrown into the pool. I ran while Kat look at Marco with puppy dog eyes and he broke. Instead of throwing her in, he jumped in with her; hand in hand. If it wasn't for the fact that I was running away from Zane and Micky, I'd have thought it was cute. However, I had no time to think as I sprinted around the yard.
"Micky Left!" Zane instructed as he went around my right. *So they're double teaming? That's not fair.* I knew I had a better chance with Zane so I tried my best to stay close to him, but out of reach. I circled the yard a few times, with the girls cheering for me and the other guys cheering for Zane and Micky, before positioning myself perfectly. I ran between Zane and Micky, with Zane closest to the pool. Once we reached the deep end I stopped, back peddled a foot, and when Zane turned to follow me I pushed him in with a grin. He had a surprised face as he fell back into the pool. I laughed for a second before darting away so Micky couldn't push me in. The easy person was taken care of *sorry Zane* now I had to deal with the one who wanted to go into the Army. Only through my agility was I able to stay just out of reach. He had me on speed, but I was more agile so I could dodge out of the way. We grew tired after 15 minutes of continual running and he cornered me on the diving board.
"Go Micky!" Zane shouted somewhere behind me.
I gave a quick glance behind me and saw that everyone was at the shallow end. "Well, this has been fun." I commented as I gasped for air.
"It has, but sadly I've gotta throw you in." He grinned while he also sucked in air.
"Sorry dear friend, but not this night." I grinned back. As he gave me a questioning look I pushed off the diving board hard and did a flip into the water. I hit the water with relief, it felt so nice after running around so fast and hard. I stayed under a second more before pushing off of the bottom and resurfacing.
"That's not fair." Micky laughed, still on the board.
"What's not fair is two guys against one girl." I stuck out my tongue and then swam to the side so I could take a breather.
"We all know you can out run Zane any day. He was more for entertainment and to make you work harder." Micky winked.
"Hey!" Zane shouted.
"You know it's true."
"So! You didn't have to say it out loud..." He pouted.
"Poor Zane." Lyla patted his head. "You weren't there for entertainment, you were there to be Micky's partner in crime."
"I always knew I liked you." Lyla laughed and high fived Zane.
"You coming in?" I asked Micky.
"Of course." He cannon balled into the pool, causing a tidal wave in the shallow end.
"That was awesome!" Sven cheered. Micky and I joined the others in the shallow end and I grabbed a noodle to float on.
"It's so nice." I purred and closed my eyes in bliss.
"I bet after all that running. I'm surprised the neighbors haven't called the police on two boys chasing a defenseless girl." Lyla laughed.
"Defenseless? She's just as bad as any guy I know! Didn't you see her push me in?" Zane commented in exasperation.
"Just because I am a better athlete doesn't mean you can be mean to me." I pouted.
"However, you can hold your own." Luke said matter-of-factly.
"You are one of the guys." Marco piped in.
"I don't think she likes hearing that." Chels shook her head.
"Actually, I don't really care. I grew up with guys as my friends and play mates, so I guess I am one of the boys." I don't really think about gender differences, but I do recognize that I'm more rough and tough than pristine and delicate like most females I know.
We swam around and played Marco Polo for a while before growing tired and heading back in to watch a movie. We got comfy in pajamas, blankets, pillows, and snacks. As we waited for the previews to be done, the dreaded question was asked.
"So what is the job you've held secret for so long?" Sven asked and everyone looked expectantly at Zane and I.
"Ah." We looked at each other and had a mini battle of wits before Zane gave up.
"Hate you." He muttered under his breath. "Um, well we actually just quit the job today so except for soon you won't see us like that anymore." Everyone gave us a WTF look and I shook my head.
"Great way to explain things Zane... We were models." The WTF looks changed to shock. "Ah yeah, you wouldn't have recognized us cuz we looked quite different than usual."
"Well, Sonya does, I mean I didn't look thaat different." Zane commented.
"What modeling agency did you work for?" Chels asked.
"Ah well..." I got embarrassed.
"Toxin Magazine." Zane finished.
"WHAT?!" Everyone shouted.
"Ah yeah. I was Abbadon Night, while Son was Azrael." -Zane
Everyone was quiet as they slowly thought over the information. "Wait... you're saying you two were two of the hottest models and everyone drooled over you and it was just you two? And one of twins was a girl?" -Chels
"Yes." We said quite frankly.
"That's insane... Wait that was one you returned my cousin after she wandered off?" -Chels
"Yep." -Me
"Weird." Chels' voice was far away.
My friends didn't know how to accept this information. "I guess it makes sense why you never told us who you were. Did you have to keep it a secret, Son?" Lyla asked.
"Yeah, very few in Toxin knew that I was a girl. At the time they were first hiring, they only needed guys so I said I'd cross dress. It wasn't like it was hard, I don't wear dresses and skirts anyway." -Me
It was silent for a little longer before Luke's face morphed. "Hold on guys we have to think about this for a moment..." Everyone leaned in to hear what he was about to say. "Remember how obsessed Trina was over the twins!? OMG she was crazy about them!" Everyone burst out into laughter, even Micky laughed as they remembered her obsession with us.
"Shut up, can you imagine how uncomfortable it was whenever she gushed over the Night twins to me. It creeped me out." I shivered causing the room to fill even more with laughter.
"Why didn't you tell us?" Kat asked.
"Yeah?" Lyla asked with some hurt in her eyes.
"A minor part of it was that we didn't want it to get out, even if by accident." -Zane
"Part of it was embarrassment." -Me
"Another part was we didn't want to admit to people that we were working because the family needed money." By now most of them knew that my family was tight on money.
"And then after six months it just didn't seem important." -Me
"And we didn't want people to be weird around us." -Zane
"And it wasn't something you just go 'Hey guys, how'd you like the math test. Oh by the way I'm a model for Toxin. I like your shirt.'" -Me
"We aren't exactly the type of people to bring something like that up in an everyday conversation." -Zane
They asked a little more about what it was like to be models and then we grew bored of the conversation and moved on. We watched most of Freddy Vs Jason before passing out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's out in the open now that they were models =) See you soon. Cheers!