Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Do I Remember the Heimlich Maneuver?

"Hey, Sonya." My coworker greeted as I entered the employee locker area.
"Hey Chels. How have you been?"
"Good! I applied to some colleges today for early acceptance."
"Very nice. You were more productive than me today." I smiled as I tied my black apron around my waist.
"What do you mean? Your tie's lop sided."
She came to fix my tie as I replied, "We got out of school early because our transformer blew. So instead of going home to work on homework or looking into colleges, Zane and I went bowling with our friends."
"How was Luke?" She asked as we headed to the front of the restaurant.
"He was freaking out as normal, but once he was distracted he was fine."
"You really pick winners as best friends don't you." Chelsae laughed. I grunted in reply and headed to take orders. The Candle on a normal day is a nice restaurant, good place for families to eat or a nice place for a date. However, on Fridays we change it around in the evening to make it look like a speakeasy where people can get up on stage and sing or play a tune on a piano the restaurant provides. Then on Saturdays we change again to accommodate for the teenage crowd. The stage is set up for local bands to play music and people to dance to, its actually kinda cool to watch the place change so easily.
Around 6 I got a surprise. "Welcome to The Candle, my name is-"
"SONYA!" A familiar voice greeted and grinned.
"Tristan and friends. If I didn't know better I'd say you are stalking me." Everyone laughed and said Hi. "So I'll be your waitress, may I get you anything to drink?... So four Sprites, a Dr. Pepper and 5 waters. Anything else?... Okay I'll be right back." I waved as I headed to the back to get their drinks.
"Who are those very fine fellas?" Chelsae asked, looking straight at Tristan and his friends. "And how do you know them?"
"Oh, you know how I told you I went bowling? Well, I met Tristan, one on the end with brown hair, at the alley as he was waiting for his friends and he joined our game. He was on Zane and my team, then his friends came and we bowled with them. It was quite fun."
"You're so lucky, Sonya!" Chelsae whined and I laughed. *Lucky you say?* "You always meet cute guys and yet you think nothing of it."
"What do you mean?" I finished with the sodas and went to fill five cups with water.
"You are friends with Micky, Sven, Marco, and Luke (I noted how she said his name differently) all very attractive men. You hang out with them as if you are one of the boys; never crushing on any of them even when you first met them. Then you meet these guys and you are the exact same way. You are such a tomboy!"
"Is that a bad thing?" I arched an eyebrow.
"No, but you make me wonder if any guy will catch your attention. Why can't I be like you, I'd probably look silly in front of them if I went to take their orders."
"Let put that to the test." She looked at me questioningly, "Help me with the drinks please." She looked at me pleadingly. I shook my head and headed out with the sodas while she grabbed the waters. "Ello boys, here are your sodas." I put the drinks in front of them and turned to Chelsae. I started placing the waters on the table when Tristan noticed my coworker.
"And who is this lovely lady?"
Chelsae blushed and replied, "My name is Chelsae." Tristan took her hand in his and kissed her knuckles.
"Nice to meet you Chelsae. Make sure our waitress doesn't spit in our food, kay?" He winked at her and her blush deepened.
"Hey I would never do that... unless you were total douche bags, then I might." I pouted and everyone, including Chelsae chuckled. "Now do you know what you want?" Chelsae waved good-bye and headed to her tables while I took the table's order. "Is that all?" everyone nodded and I went to the cook's window to place their order. As I waited for their food to be done I went to my other tables and did my thing.
I retrieved their food and headed over to the table. "Alright, food time." I smiled and all heads snapped to me. I dished out their plates and they eagerly began stuffing their mouths full of food. "Be careful, I don't know if I remember the Heimlich Maneuver." They gave me a thumbs up and I walked away.
"Sonya, you may take your break now." My manager called.
"Kay. I'll take it once I clean up table five."
"Alright." I got a dish rag and headed over to the table and started cleaning.
"Your break about to start?" Tristan asked.
I looked to my right to see he turned around in his seat to face me. "Apparently."
He grinned, "Come join us! If your lucky we'll even feed you." He winked causing me to chuckle.
"Oh yay! Half eaten male food from people I barely know." The table laughed at my sarcastic remark. "I'll be back in a minute." I put the cleaning rag away and told the manager I was taking my break now, and then headed to the boys table. "So how's the food?"
"Delicious." Gavin remarked. "I think I might eat here more often."
"Never been here before?" They all shook their heads no except for Tristan.
"My company took me here once. I liked it, but I forgot it was this good."
"What do you work as?" I asked, wondering if he would honestly reply.
He blushed a little and replied, "Ah well... I do a bit of modeling. Nothing big."
"Nothing big! You work for freaken Tox--" Tristan quickly covered Gavin's mouth with his hand and glared at him. I raised my eyebrow but said nothing.
"As I said," he made this remark clearly to Gavin, "Nothing big. It's just something to do while I gp for college and get a degree."
"What are you going to school for?" I started playing with the paper from the straws.
"I want to teach English to high schoolers or college students. Not that I don't like kids, but I want to go in depth with works and you really can't with third graders."
I nodded. "Sounds reasonable to me. I still don't really know where I want to go."
"You'll find a place. If it's you, you'll definitely find a college that suits your needs." He smiled and was slightly nudged by another of his friends. If I wasn't paying close attention I would have missed it. "Anyway, are you planning on going to the same college as Zane?"
I thought about it. I'd never been away from Zane for more than a few days and I wasn't sure if I was ready for us being away at two different colleges. "I don't know. I feel like we probably will be going to very different schools, but alas we both have no idea where we want to go."
Tristan laughed and replied, "You two definitely are siblings. You seem to complete each other so well."
*Sometimes a little too well.* "Sonya, break times up!" My manager called to me.
"Coming. It's been fun hanging out, but I gotta get working. See yeah in a few." I waved and headed back to work. The rest of the shift went by fast. After Tristan and his friends left we got a rush of people for a late dinner and I was constantly running around. By the end of the shift I was ready to pass out.
"I'm pooped." Chelsae sighed as we changed out of our uniforms.
"I hear yeah. That last rush lasted forever." I grabbed my bag and pulled out my keys.
"Soooo, what was written on the receipt?" Chelsae nudged me with her pointy elbow.
"What are you talking about?"
"I saw your face. Spill girl!"
"It just has Tristan's number and 'Call me if you're ever bored' on it."
"He totally likes you!"
"How do you figure that?"
"Come on, no guy writes his number down just for shits and giggles. He could have exchanged numbers with you during your break, plus I saw the way he was looking at you."
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and closed my locker. "I gotta go."
"Aw come on, Sonya, what are you going to do with the number?"
"Put it in my phone and call it if I need a few more people or I'm bored."
"You are so laame. You should go on a date with him or ask him out."
I gave her an exasperated look. "What are you babbling about?"
"You need to experience a date! You are 17 years old, about to graduate from high school and you have yet to go on a date. That cherry needs to be popped!"
I cringed and whined, "No it doesn't. That sounds dirty, thank you and now I am going to have to go home watch tons of anime to wash that from my memory."
"Stop being dramatic!"
"I'm not. Now if you excuse me, I have to pick up Zane. Later." I scurried out the door before I could hear anymore of Chelsae's nonsense.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if I want Sonya to have a love interest or not... comment please!