Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

I"ve Never Felt That Way

I pulled up to the bookstore and put my truck into park. ~Yo, I'm outside.~ I texted my brother and leaned back in the seat. I thought back to my conversation with Chels and sighed. I never understood why people made a big deal out of someone liking them or liking someone. I mean I've never had that feeling you're suppose to get when you like like someone. No butterflies, no stumbling over words, no blushing... I do the last two when I'm nervous, but it has nothing to do with me being attracted to someone. Also, I know Tristan from work and it would just get complicated trying to figure out what information I got from which alias. I could never date him even if I wanted to. How would I explain if I knew something as Sonya that he told Azrael. Things would get awkward and a fight would probably occur. It was going to be difficult enough as it was being friends with him as Sonya and working with him as Azrael. Life was too complicated sometimes.
"Hey Sonya!" Zane chirped through the passenger's side window.
I Jumped and then unlocked the door. "Hey, Zane. You startled me."
"I can tell." I put the truck in drive and headed home. "So what were you thinking about so deeply?"
"How difficult it is going to be working and being friends with Tristan as two different people."
"Yeah, good luck with that."
"Hey, that goes the same for you."
"Not really, we barely talked. Then again, who knows what is going to happen now."
"What do you mean?"
"He totally likes you, Sonya." Zane laughed at my ignorance.
"Not you too!"
"Me too?"
"Chels said the exact same thing. Why does everyone think he likes me?"
"Well, he kept looking at you while we bowled and when he whispered to his friend both eyes went to you. Man, sis you are blind."
I grumbled and the car went silent for a little while. "Is it weird that I don't feel anything for him?"
"Well, it's all about taste. He apparently is not what makes your heart race when you're around him. So no I don't think it's weird that you don't like him like him."
"Is it weird that I haven't felt that way about anyone?" I parked in our drive way and our dad came to the door.
"We'll talk more inside. Come on, before dad passes out from starvation." I followed after him and greeted my dad.
"Welcome back you two. Ready for dinner?" Our dad tends to wait for us to eat since he's usually home alone most days.
"Yep!" My brother and I cheered and raced to the kitchen where we set the table. We talked about our day as we ate. Around 9:30 Zane and I cleared the table and did the dishes. "Night dad."
"Night."
I went to my room and changed into pajamas. As I was about to start my homework Zane came in and plopped on my bed. I turned to him and waited for his answer. He gazed at my ceiling as he spoke, "To be honest, I do find it a bit weird that you haven't felt that for anyone not even some kind of celebrity. I know you've commented on how handsome actors are, but it's not in the same way other people do. Your comments are very... third person, like a scientist commenting on a test subject. Have you ever felt your heart race and just not told anyone?"
I thought back through my past and replied, "Not that I can remember. Through all the guys and girls I've met, I've never had that nervousness I've seen you, Luke, Trina, and everyone else go through. I've never met anyone where I've found myself wanting to put an effort into my appearance or wondered if I looked okay..."
"Don't worry about it. You'll probably find someone and when you do we can go on a double date!" Zane grinned and me and I smiled back.
"I don't know... our dates might get annoyed with us."
"So True!" He laughed, "We sure like to get on each other's nerves."
"Thanks Zane."
"No prob, little sister. You know I'm always here."
"So, when's your next date?"
" This Sunday with a girl I met in the bookstore. She seems pretty cool, but I don't know how far it'll go."
"Well, if you need any help you know where to find me."
"That I do." He catapulted himself off my bed. "Night, Sonya. Don't stay up too late." He kissed my forehead and headed out of my room.
"Night, Sweat dreams." Once my door was shut I went back to my homework. Around midnight I finished everything and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still don't know if I want to make her life that much more complicated by adding a romance. Comment!