Status: Finished =)

I Have but Two Faces

Now She has a Backbone

The next day I rolled out of bed late and rushed to get dressed and eat. I stuffed a piece of bread in my mouth as I ran out the door. "Bye, sis." Zane grumbled as I passed him. I grumbled a farewell back to him and slammed the door. I had to restart my car three times before it even considered waking up. *Come on, I have a test first period!* Once it roared to life I pulled out and pushed the speed limit. Just as I pulled into a parking spot the warning bell sounded and I cursed. *Today is not my day apparently.* I grabbed my bag and bolted to my locker. After shoving my unwanted books into my locker I hurried to my class.
"I see you're out of uniform again today, Miss Bronte." My teacher stared at me unhappily.
"It's technically the uniform, Miss." I replied as I sat in my seat and pulled out a pencil.
"Not today. I've asked you dozens of time to get into the proper uniform and you have yet to do so. You have detention tomorrow with me after school." I went to speak up but she held up her hand. "No argument. The test begins now, no talking." *Of all the days to have a backbone... I should have stayed in bed.*
I glanced down at my test and smiled in relief. *At least the test doesn't look too hard. Work better not be this sucky.* Once I finished my exam I passed it in and received a detention slip. "Thanks." I muttered and headed to my next class.
The day went on just as bad as it had began. I tripped, got stepped on, lost my homework, got covered in soda, and missed my chair. By the end of school I was afraid of driving my own car.
"Luuuuke, can you drive me home? I'm too scared." I whined as I stripped off my sticky dress shirt and stuffed it into a plastic bag. I pitched forward as the school's football quarterback bumped into me. My knee crashed into the floor and I yelped in pain.
"Oops, sorry loser." The jock and his friends laughed.
"Ya, ya." I replied back as Luke helped me up.
Just as I got up, I was slammed into my locker. "That was awfully rude of ya. We's were trying to apologies and all you can say is 'ya ya'?"
At this point I didn't care who this guy was, I was already having a bad day. "I believe that was a proper reply considering your words held no meaning and you laughed in a demeaning way thus voiding your 'apology.' So please let me go before I start yelling for help."
"I don't think you wana do that, freak."
"Wana bet?" He started pulling his arm back and I opened my mouth to shout.
"I don't think you wana do that, Matt." Matt turned to see Luke with his phone out; ready to take a video. "Moment your arm moves this video starts rolling and I tackle you."
"You think you can actually take me?" Matt sneered.
"Yeah, I mean I may not be uber muscular but I can get enough momentum to knock you on your ass."
"Plus, he has us." Trina commented as she and Micky came up behind us. Micky cracked his knuckles and Trina narrowed her eyes.
"Whatever, let's go guys." Matt dropped me and walked off to practice.
I straightened my shirt and turned to my friends. "Thanks guys. You're the bestest people a girl could have."
"It was nothing." Trina smiled.
We started walking to the parking lot and Luke put his arm around my shoulder. "Don't worry about those guys, kay Sonya?"
"I won't, I already know that they will probably end up being fat while all of us are making the big bucks."
"That's the spirit!" Luke cheered next to me. "But really if you need anything just call, text, or hollah." I nodded and handed him my keys.
"See ya later guys." I called to Trina and Micky. They waved and I headed home. We walked into my house and I called, "Zaaane, you ready?"
"Almost!" His voice called back from his room.
"Welcome home, sweet. And Luke, long time no see." My dad greeted and shook Luke's hand.
"It has been, hasn't it Mr. Bronte? How have you been?"
"Same old, same old. Though I have been experimenting with food. You should have dinner with us some time soon."
"But of course! You know I love to eat." My father and Luke laughed as I walked to my room to change in to cleaner clothes. As I walked out I ran into Zane.
"Ready?"
"Yep. Let's go!" He grabbed my hand and we walked into the living room. "Hey Luke."
"Sup, Zane?"
"Nothing much, need to be dropped off?"
"If you don't mind. Sonya refused to drive after her wonderful day."
"Oh yeah, reeeal wonderful. Oh by the way I have detention tomorrow."
"Why?" My dad asked disapprovingly.
"Because I'm wearing pants instead of the skirt. So dumb."
My dad shook his head and said, "Just make sure you let work know you'll be late." I love my dad, he believed just as I do that I shouldn't be forced to wear a skirt just because I'm a female. Sexist bastards.
"Will do. Bye dad, see you later." I kissed his cheek and walked out the door. I scooted into the middle and waited for the boys to get in the car.
We drove Luke to his house 5 minutes away. We were most likely going to be getting to work just on time. "Later, Luke!" Zane and I said as we pulled out of his drive way. 20 minutes later we arrived at Toxin and booked it to the studio. *We are so dead.*
♠ ♠ ♠
So I find that the station I listen to while writing this is Lord of the Rings on Pandora. It's quite the studying and writing type of music.