Status: Done.

I'll Always Love You, Forever and Always

1/1

She's sitting at the table, the hours get later
He was supposed to be here
She's sure he would have called
She waits a little longer, there's no one in the driveway
No one's said they've seen him
Why, is something wrong?


Susan sat at the kitchen table, her foot slowly tapping against the linoleum floor. The petite honey-blonde glanced at the watch that sat on her left wrist, seeing the time was six-thirty. He was a half-hour late, which was not like him at all. He would normally call if something were to come up. “Where could he be?” she whispered to herself as she took her cellphone out to text her fiancé, Louis. Lou, where are you? She sent the text to him before getting a glass of water to calm herself down, rubbing her stomach; at six months pregnant with twins she had to keep herself calm. As she sat herself down at the table once more, she looked out the window hoping his car would be pulling into the driveway. No such luck. She waited a few moments and then called his best friend Harry before calling his mother. Neither of them had seen or heard from the popstar and that started to worry Susan. She was hoping that the feeling in her gut wasn’t trying to tell her that something was wrong. However, that gut feeling just kept getting bigger and bigger.

She looks back to the window
Suddenly the phone rings
A voice says something's happened
That she should come right now
Her mind goes to December
She thinks of when he asked her
He bent down on his knees first
And he said…


The nerve wrecked twenty-three year old looked back out the window, praying that his black Porsche would pull into their driveway. She smiles to herself as she remembers the day they moved into the quaint house, surrounded by a white picket fence and a rose garden; the place they always dreamed of living in when they were just the best of friends, playing house in her backyard. Susan laughed as she remembered how Louis was always the one she loved and how she had done everything she could to show him. Little did she know, he had felt the same way about her all along. She was pulled out of her train of thought by the sound of the house phone ringing. Hoping it was her fiancé, Cecelia rushed to pick it up. “Lou? Where are you?” she asked, without even checking the caller ID.

“Excuse me, is this Ms. Susan Benson?” a kind, soft voice asked from the other end of the line. “Yes, this is she; who may I ask is calling?” the exasperated bride-to-be asked. “My name is Rachel Wilkes, I’m a nurse in the ER at St. Luke’s. I’m calling about your fiancé, Louis Tomlinson.” The voice said calmly. Susan’s heart stopped. “Ms. Benson, are you there?” the nurse asked, making Susan snap out of it. “Yes, is he okay? What happened?” she replied frantically. “There’s been an accident, you should get here as soon as possible; I can fill you in when you get here.” The nurse replied before Susan hung up the phone.

Susan’s heart began racing as she grabbed her car keys and ran from the house, jumping into her silver Ford Focus. As she began the twenty-minute drive to the hospital, her mind wanders to that day in December, just a little over seven months ago when he had asked her to marry him.

They were in Disney World for a huge family vacation with both of their families and were spending Christmas and New Years there. It was December 31st, and they were walking around Magic Kingdom as they waited to bring in the New Year. As they walked by Cinderella’s castle, Louis stopped and Susan looked at her boyfriend of six years. “Lou are you okay?” she asked, noticing that he looked a bit nervous. He smiled at her before taking her hand in his and getting down on one knee, and he said to her…

I want you forever, forever and always
Through the good and the bad and the ugly
We'll grow old together
Forever and always


Susan felt her heart race as he got down on one knee. “Susie, I haven’t been able to live without you for nearly eighteen years; you’ve been my best friend since we were five, my girlfriend since we were seventeen. You bring out the best of me and I think that it’s about time I did this. Baby I want you forever, forever and always. Through the good, the bad, the beautiful, and the ugly. I want to grow old with you, just the two of us; forever and always. Will you marry me?” he asked. Susan felt a tear fall down her face as she smiled at him. “Lou, of course I’ll marry you.” She answered as he slipped the ring on her finger; a simple diamond with an amethyst on each side, her birthstone. One the ring was on her finger; he stood up and looked her in the eyes and whispered “I’ll love you forever, forever and always” just as he kissed her softly.

She pulls up to the entrance
She walks right to the front desk
They lead her down a million halls, a maze that's never ending
They talk about what happened but she can barely hear them


Susan was brought out of her thoughts as she pulled up to the entrance of the hospital. She parked the car and ran into the ER, heading straight for the front desk. “Excuse me, my name is Susan Benson; I received a call that my fiancé was involved in an accident.” She said to the older woman behind the desk. The woman gave her a small smile before turning to a middle-aged red head. “Rachel, she’s here.”

The redheaded nurse stood and walked over to me. “Ms. Benson, would you follow me please?” she asked. I followed her through the million halls that seemed like a maze. “You said on the phone that there’s been an accident; is Louis okay?” I ask, my heart pounding. She looks at me with sorrow in her eyes as she begins explaining the extremities of the accident and that Lou was banged up pretty badly; broken ribs, arm, internal bleeding. As she was explaining all of this to me, I could barely hear her because I knew from the sound of her voice that they believed Lou was not going to make it.

She tries to keep a straight face as she walks into the room
She sits by his bedside, holds his hand too tight
They talk about the kids they're gonna have and the good life
The house on the hillside, where they would stay


The redheaded nurse named Rachel finally stopped in front of a door that had Nick’s name on it. “Have you informed his family about the accident yet, Ms. Benson?” Rachel asked Susan before she walked in. A tear dropped down Susan’s face before shaking her head no. “I didn’t get the chance to call them yet; could you call them please?” Susan replied in a shaky voice. Rachel nodded sympathetically. “Of course. You may go in and see him.” She said to the shaken young woman before leaving Susan there to see her fiancé.

Susan did her best to compose herself and keep a straight face as she walked into his room, but nothing could prepare her for the sight before her. Louis was in a bed, laying on his back; cuts and bruises all over his face, his left arm in a cast. The machine telling his heartbeat gave off a faint beep as she walked over to the right side of his bed, sitting in the chair. His eyes were closed and he looked so peaceful as she reached for his right hand, taking it in both of hers before putting her head down on the bed, letting her sobs overcome her.

“Susie?” she heard his soft voice, a bit raspy. She lifted her head to see his clear blue eyes looking back at her. “Oh Lou.” I said quietly as the tears fell down my face, looking down at the bed again. “Hey now, look at me.” Louis said, doing his best to lift my head with his finger. “Tell me about our kids, little BeccaLou and Johnny boy.” He whispered, glancing at her stomach. He took her hands in his once more as they spoke of the good life, and the house they had bought on the hillside for after the twins were born.

Stay there forever, forever and always
Through the good and the bad and the ugly
We'll grow old together, and always remember
Whether rich or for poor or for better
We'll still love each other, forever and always


“We’ll stay, stay there forever. Forever and always.” He whispered as they spoke of the beautiful house with the white picket fence and huge backyard. Susan tried to contain herself as he spoke of the life they were going to have, but she knew that it was now nothing but an unlived dream. “Through the good and the bad and the ugly, right Lou?” she said softly, bringing his hand up to her face so he could wipe her tears away with his thumb. He nodded slowly. “We’ll grow old together, and just remember this my Susie-Q, whether rich or for poor, we will still love each other forever and always, no matter what happens. I love you so much.” He said, choking out the last bit as a tear fell down his face. She gave him a weak smile and kissed his hand. “I love you too Lou.” She whispered.

Then she gets an idea and calls in the nurses
Brings up the chaplain and he says a couple verses
She borrows some rings from the couple next door
Everybody's laughing as the tears fall on the floor
She looks into his eyes, and she says


After she kissed his hand, Susan suddenly had an idea. “I’ll be right back sweetheart.” She whispered to Louis as she stood and went to the nurse’s station outside of his room. She told them her idea to marry Lou in his hospital room before it was too late; whether or not they’d get to spend their lives together, she wanted to know that he died her husband. One of the nurses called up the chaplain who was more than happy to perform a quick ceremony. “S’cuse me love, but I couldn’t help but overhear your situation and well, my wife and I would like to lend you our wedding bands for this occasion." the man from the room next to Lou said softly, holding out two gold wedding bands to her.

Susan felt a tear fall from her eye as the man placed the rings in her hand. “Thank you.” She whispered before walking back into the hospital room, taking Lou’s hand after handing one of the nurses the rings. Everyone laughed as tears from Susan, Lou, and the nurses fell to the floor while the chaplain said a couple of verses. Louis said his verses, causing more laughter and tears from his bride and the nurses alike as he slid the ring onto her finger. “Susan, would you like to say a few words to Louis?” the chaplain asked as one of the nurses handed her the ring for Louis. She turned to him, her eyes meeting his piercing blue ones as she began to say…

I want you forever, forever and always
Through the good and the bad and the ugly
We'll grow old together, and always remember
Whether happy or sad or whatever
We'll still love each other, forever and always
Forever and always, forever and always


“I want you forever, forever and for always. Through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Lou, I promise to love you until the very day my heart stops beating and even after that. We’ll grow old together and just always remember that whether we are happy, sad or whatever, we’ll still love each other forever and always. You’ve made me the happiest anyone can make another person since the day we met and I am so thankful that God gave me you. I will always love you and I know that Rebecca and John will be just like you. I love you so much Lou.” She whispered as she slipped the ring onto his finger as the tears streamed down both their faces.

She finishes the vows but the beeps are getting too slow
His voice is almost too low
As he says, I love you forever, forever and always
Please just remember even if I'm not there
I'll always love you, forever and always


As she finished her vows, the beeps on the machine showing Louis’ heart slowed down. Susan looked from the machine to his eyes as the chaplain pronounced them husband and wife. “I love you my Susie-Q.” Lou said, his voice becoming to low as she placed a soft kiss on his lips. He caressed her face as she cried. “Shh, baby. I love you forever, forever and always. Please just remember even if I’m not there, I’m always here watching over you, BeccaLou, and Johnny boy. Tell Harry and the lads I love them. Tell mum and the girls I’ll miss them and not to cry over me. But remember the most important this is that I’ll always love you, forever and always.” He said, his voice barely audible as he slipped away, his hand falling from her face as his heart stopped beating and his eyes closed.

Just as he slipped away, his mother and four best friends came into the room. Susan turned to face them, tears running down her face. “He’s gone.” She whispered as her heart shattered before turning back to her now dead husband. “I love you Lou, forever and always.” She whispered, kissing him one more time.

Six Years Later
“Mummy, look what I can do!” John Andrew Tomlinson shouted to his mother from the swings as twenty-six-year-old Harry Styles pushed his six-year-old stepson. The boy’s mother, now twenty-nine, smiled and waved at him from where she was sitting in the grass with his twin sister, Rebecca Louise Tomlinson. After Louis died, Harry had approached Susan and told her a promise he had made to Lou, should anything have ever happened to him. That promise was that Harry be with Susan that if Lou were to pass the two of them would need each other more than ever. Harry obliged to promise Lou that he would do as he was asked if his best friend were to pass before his time. Susan could only agree, knowing it is what Louis would’ve wanted.

Harry stood by her as she went through the last trimester of her pregnancy with the twins; he was there when they were born, he stayed up with her when they couldn’t sleep through the night. Sure, the other three boys had been a great help in raising the kids as well, as were Lou’s mother and sisters. But Harry was the closest to Lou that Susan could ask for. She fell in love with him, though at first she felt guilty, thinking she was dishonoring her late-husband’s memory. However, his mother had reassured her that Lou would have wanted her to be happy. Harry and Susan got married when the twins were four-years old and were now expecting a child of their own, a little boy due in two months who they were going to name Louis William Styles, after Louis of course. Although Harry adopted Rebecca and John as his own, both he and Susan agreed they should keep their last name Tomlinson, so that Lou’s memory would live on forever.

As Susan watched her children, she noticed how much they resembled Louis. John was a spitting image of the man whom he would’ve called his dad with the personality to match, and while little BeccaLou had a head of honey-blonde hair, she had her father’s clear blue eyes. Susan smiled as she thought of Lou and though she felt someone sit beside her and Becca as they sat on the grass. She looked up at the sun and swore she could’ve heard Lou’s voice in the slight breeze going through the park saying his last words to her in this life; I’ll always love you, forever and always.
♠ ♠ ♠
Literally cried like a baby as I wrote this.
Didn't intentionally kill Louis, love Swag Masta Lou to pieces...
But that's just how the song goes.

Btw the song is Forever and Always by Parachute - go check it out :)

Please comment<3

~Ashley