A Love That's So Demanding

002

I sighed as I boarded the plane for Jersey, looking down and carrying my small suitcase behind me. I was glad my mom was letting me come; I knew she wasn't feeling too well herself, and I didn't want to be a burden... But she said it was no trouble, that of course I was always welcome. Besides, she told me she hired someone to help around the house anyway.

I sat down in my seat and looked out the plane window. I felt horrible for leaving Gerard and the guys, but I really needed some time for myself. I was overloaded with everything... It was all just too much right now.

Finally, the plane started taking off and I sat back, biting my lip and looking out the window. I just wanted to be home with my mom, to be back in my own room in my own bed. Frankly, I missed my mom. A lot. I couldn't wait to get back home.

I fell asleep about half an hour into the flight, and slept the whole way there. I woke up to a flight attendant shaking my shoulder lightly.

"Excuse me sir, but we've landed. Welcome to New Jersey." She smiled and walked away. I frowned and got up, then got my suitcase and walked off. I got my other, larger suitcase from the baggage area and went to get my rental car.

I drove home as quick as the speed limit would let me, anxious to see my mom. I pulled into the familiar driveway and shut off the car before getting my stuff and walking to the door. I wasn't sure if I should knock, or just walk in... So I knocked.

I waited, biting my lip and looking at my feet. The door opened and I looked up, expecting to see my mom. Instead, I saw a beautiful girl. Her bright blue eyes gazed into my own and I was a bit stunned.

"U-uh... Is my mom here?" I blurted. Right after I said that, my mom rushed to the door and pulled me inside quickly and into a hug.

"Oh, my baby! Mikey honey, I'm so glad you're here!" She kissed my cheeks and hugged me tight. My upset expression melted and a small smile formed as I hugged her back.

"Hi, ma. I missed you." I closed my eyes, happy to be home. She pulled away and I opened my eyes.

"Mikey, I'd like you to meet Ci. She's the girl I told you about, the one I hired? Ci, this is my Mikey." I smiled a small smile at Ci.

"Thank you for helping my ma." I rubbed my mom's back and she smiled.

"Oh, she's been wonderful." My ma said, smiling wide as if she was talking about me or Gerard.

"Oh, Donna, stop." She chuckled and blushed, looking down. Mom smiled and chuckled.

"It's true! She helps me clean, and she helps with the laundry, and she even cooks for me. She's such a sweetheart." Mom beamed and I smiled softly. She really loved Ci already.

"You sound like a very nice person." I looked up at Ci. She blushed again and smiled.

"Well, Donna's told me a lot about you and Gerard. She's really proud of you two." I blushed softly and smiled at mom.

"How sweet..." I said softly. Mom smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Come on, I cleaned your room." She smiled and pulled me upstairs. I waved at Ci and smiled shyly as mom pulled me away. She blushed a little, but smiled and waved back.

Mom pulled me to my old room and I looked around. A lot of my old comics were scattered around, and some of my dusty action figures were still on their shelves. I smiled and hugged my mom tight.

"Thanks, ma." I pulled away and she beamed.

"I'm just happy to have you home. Get some rest, honey." She patted my arm and walked out. I set my suitcases down and collapsed on the bed. I fell asleep almost immediately, clutching my pillow like I used to when I was little.

Finally, I was home.